Bergen Catholic Inter-Squad Today At 11:00

Panama Red

O line is huge as usual. No real concern there. Need a DT. Running back had a bunch of kids. I wish they were bigger. Wasn't impressed with the blocking out of the back field. Most of starting LB's were sitting out. They brought up a frosh RB who ran very well #3. O line needs to Gel. Stern ripped one kid a new one on one play. 

• Thanks 1

I was there as well....yes...concerns on the O line.  Patti / Alaimo TE looked in good form.  Drops by WR's a concern....McCombs out for a bit with ankle injury.  RB's looked ok....no real north / south except the Frosh...#3 ...who I have been told will be on varsity and will get ball...Defense looked pretty good...LB's are a concern.....stewart got dinged up during scrimmage...Def Line is a work in progress.....Secondary looked sharp.....on another note...the frosh scrimaged the Sophs and took it took them....Frosh class looks really good...size / speed...playmakers.........overall a lot of work to do before opening day...

• Like 1

also a couple of things....#44 Kyle Clark...was starting FB as a soph...horrific knee injury 2 yrs ago....is back and looked pretty good...was a beast....also SJR has added another Scrimmage....vs Union City on 8/15.  not sure I remember them every having 4 scrimmages.....lastly.....depth has always been issue at SJR...this year...seems it is a big concern....just by looking at the starters and back ups.....but feel optimistic...much like the Giants...SJR needs to let Patti have time....made a lot of good decisions....looked sharp 

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME/RESULT MEDIA LINKS
Tuesday, 15 August 2017 UCHS-1.jpgUnion City High School Screaming Eagles Union City High School 10:00 AM  
Friday, 18 August 2017 seton-hall-small-Website.jpgSeton Hall Preparatory School Pirates Seton Hall Prep 10:00 AM  
Monday, 21 August 2017 MiddletownSouthSmall.jpgMiddletown High School South Eagles Middletown High School South 11:00 AM  
Thursday, 24 August 2017 St-Joes-Prep-small-Website.jpgSt. Joseph's Preparatory School (Philadelphia) Hawks St. Joseph’s Prep 11:00 AM

39 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I was there as well....yes...concerns on the O line.  Patti / Alaimo TE looked in good form.  Drops by WR's a concern....McCombs out for a bit with ankle injury.  RB's looked ok....no real north / south except the Frosh...#3 ...who I have been told will be on varsity and will get ball...Defense looked pretty good...LB's are a concern.....stewart got dinged up during scrimmage...Def Line is a work in progress.....Secondary looked sharp.....on another note...the frosh scrimaged the Sophs and took it took them....Frosh class looks really good...size / speed...playmakers.........overall a lot of work to do before opening day...

Most of the starting LB'S were out. Mono seems to be going around. So everything you say at that position was pretty much back ups. DB'S were def a bright spot. The frosh RB seems to be one of the bigger backs not including Evan who will carry the ball as well.

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Thanks! You go to maroon and white scrimmage ? 

Bosco D won scrimmage by something like 39-34.  Not that close...O closed the gap late in goal-line and red zone drills.  D had a pick 6 and recovered several fumbles.  Berger had a good scrimmage.  D had good pressure on qbs throughout.  PM me if you want more details.

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

Does this frosh have a name???

how is the  DE across. From Howard