Noone cares ;-)

noonereal

People can talk about parity all they want. And yes the games are exciting, close and entertaining. But on a national level NJ football has taken a big step backwards the past 2 years especially this year. The #1 team in the state lost 2 very bad OOS games including one by nearly 50 points. SPP got butt kicked by BC twice. DP with a nice NP3 win over SJR but still with 3 losses. PC with all kinds of issues this year. Can Sabella right the ship and keep it that way? SJR very inconsistent all year with 4 losses. And of course there is DBP. In their infinite wisdom, they fire, not retire probably the best coach in the history of NJ and everyone knows the rest. They finish at a ridiculous 2-8 and all we hear about is how close the games were and if this and if that blah, blah, blah.

Fact is in 2011 I saw the last of the great Bosco teams win a close game vs a top 15 nationally ranked Manatee team. I would never have guessed that just 6 years later this would be one of the worst Bosco teams in history.

On to 2018. Congrats once again to Coach Nunz and the Crusader nation. Long time coming and a well deserved state title. No one in NJ was better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

People can talk about parity all they want. And yes the games are exciting, close and entertaining. But on a national level NJ football has taken a big step backwards the past 2 years especially this year. The #1 team in the state lost 2 very bad OOS games including one by nearly 50 points. SPP got butt kicked by BC twice. DP with a nice NP3 win over SJR but still with 3 losses. PC with all kinds of issues this year. Can Sabella right the ship and keep it that way? SJR very inconsistent all year with 4 losses. And of course there is DBP. In their infinite wisdom, they fire, not retire probably the best coach in the history of NJ and everyone knows the rest. They finish at a ridiculous 2-8 and all we hear about is how close the games were and if this and if that blah, blah, blah.

Fact is in 2011 I saw the last of the great Bosco teams win a close game vs a top 15 nationally ranked Manatee team. I would never have guessed that just 6 years later this would be one of the worst Bosco teams in history.

On to 2018. Congrats once again to Coach Nunz and the Crusader nation. Long time coming and a well deserved state title. No one in NJ was better.

Did I miss something? If everybody STINKS, HOW is it well deserved?

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

From top to bottom NJ has NEVER been a Top 10 hsfb state. Ever.

And it never will be since teams 8-200 are totally irrelevant. #topheavy

Ill take close, competitive, unpredictable games week in and week out over having 1-2 dominant teams in the T100 nationally on an annual basis. 

Two of NJs top privates will be playing some very exciting OOS competition in 2018. At least we still have that to look fwd to. 

Yep.  Alot of people would prefer their local games be competitive rather than having National teams blow out everyone else and take the chance to win away from the kids on the other teams.

Also the early polls having 5-6 BNU teams in the Top 100 were laughable, but you never bought into them

• Thanks 1