Sept. 7, Union City
Sept. 14, at Ridgewood
Sept. 21, at Millburn
Sept. 28, Bergen Catholic
Oct. 5, at North Bergen
Oct. 12, at Ferris
Oct. 19, Barringer
Oct. 26, Montclair

So I guess all we are waiting for on BC's schedule is that OOS game that GSB is working on

BC really scheduled Irvington??

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

BC really scheduled Irvington??

looks like it..GSB had mentioned this about 3 weeks ago that Irvington reached out to them. I believe Irvington will take the place of Seton Hall. Pretty much a lateral move by Bergen. Irvington gets a crap load of power points for it as well. GSB also mentioned that West Orange had reached out to Bosco. 

Just now, Mickeybern said:

looks like it..GSB had mentioned this about 3 weeks ago that Irvington reached out to them. I believe Irvington will take the place of Seton Hall. Pretty much a lateral move by Bergen. Irvington gets a crap load of power points for it as well. GSB also mentioned that West Orange had reached out to Bosco. 

This is basically a do nothing game for BC. They will get minimal points if they win and if they lose that would just be awful. Irvington gets the win win portion of this game. Like you said if they keep it close theyll get some respect while gaining all the power points. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

This is basically a do nothing game for BC. They will get minimal points if they win and if they lose that would just be awful. Irvington gets the win win portion of this game. Like you said if they keep it close theyll get some respect while gaining all the power points. 

not sure on that..Irvington is a Group 5 school so BC might get a decent amount of power points as well

not sure on that..Irvington is a Group 5 school so BC might get a decent amount of power points as well

Will probably get more then playing an OOS game i guess. Never know how NJ is gonna calculate a OOS game. I just think its a step back. But if irvington wanted the game then kudos to them for stepping up

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Will probably get more then playing an OOS game i guess. Never know how NJ is gonna calculate a OOS game. I just think its a step back. But if irvington wanted the game then kudos to them for stepping up

yeah I wasn't thrilled with the idea either when it was mentioned a couple weeks back but it does switch things up a little. Better i guess than just beating up on SHP & Delby ever year. Might force some of the other big publics to reconsider their stance on playing the big 6. If Irvington improves their playoff seeding substantially because of this game I think their competitors will be pressed to reevaluate.

• Like 1

yeah I wasn't thrilled with the idea either when it was mentioned a couple weeks back but it does switch things up a little. Better i guess than just beating up on SHP & Delby ever year. Might force some of the other big publics to reconsider their stance on playing the big 6. If Irvington improves their playoff seeding substantially because of this game I think their competitors will be pressed to reevaluate.

True. but at the same time home field doesnt always mean a win. St. Augustine had home field when they played SJR a couple of years back. Really have to consider a lot when you take these kind of games. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

True. but at the same time home field doesnt always mean a win. St. Augustine had home field when they played SJR a couple of years back. Really have to consider a lot when you take these kind of games. 

it might not just be home field that is up in the air. It could be the difference of either making or not making the playoffs all together. If that were to happen then a big uproar will ensue. If you are a 4-5 team and on the bubble you could very easily beat out a 5-4 team because you scheduled a team in the Red division

it might not just be home field that is up in the air. It could be the difference of either making or not making the playoffs all together. If that were to happen then a big uproar will ensue. If you are a 4-5 team and on the bubble you could very easily beat out a 5-4 team because you scheduled a team in the Red division

Thats a very good point. I did not consider that end of the spectrum. But like you said it will force that 5-4 team to step up that next year

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Very interested to see how Boel looks over summer practice

yeah  from the little I saw of him he looked good. I'm not too worried about him running the offense but he will be handing it off to 2 very good backs. Between those 2 backs & Felter and J.R. Woods protecting his blind side I expect him to progress nicely.

yeah  from the little I saw of him he looked good. I'm not too worried about him running the offense but he will be handing it off to 2 very good backs. Between those 2 backs & Felter and J.R. Woods protecting his blind side I expect him progress nicely.

Hows the WRs? Classi is gone right

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Nice size

yeah and great hands as well..Nunz has always been good at developing QBs and he seemingly always has a good crop of WRs. The difference between this year and all the years past was the line play. On both sides of the ball the lines were very physical. Bergen's defense will be the strength next year, they return  the entire front 7 except Baptiste

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The larger the enrollment of the school (in or OOS), the higher the power point value. BC will get 2-3x the power points for playing Irvington than smaller OOS teams like SFA or AHP. 

Why would BC even worry about these ridiculous powers points? Playing a good OOS team is much better than playing a NJ public.

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

Irvington HS
2018 schedule

Aug. 31, Orange
Sept. 7, Union City
Sept. 14, at Ridgewood
Sept. 21, at Millburn
Sept. 28, Bergen Catholic
Oct. 5, at North Bergen
Oct. 12, at Ferris
Oct. 19, Barringer
Oct. 26, Montclair

So I guess all we are waiting for on BC's schedule is that OOS game that GSB is working on

Irvington!  Wow.

Credit to the Irvington coach.   He has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to keep the talent in Irvington at Irvington.  This is the way to do it - you gotta give the kids a reason to stay by making the schedule exciting, esp. in this day and age as a “buyer’s market” for these kids.

My personal beef is the Sparta coach - is and will always be a pu$$y for dropping Pope John.  I hope they plunder his talent like a goddamn horde of Vikings going through a defenseless village.

• Like 1