Merritt island

HSFBfan

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

HSFBfan, see AzJimbo totally gets it. You don't. Your positions are sometimes contradictory, while his are not. And, while I disagree with him on most things, at least I understand where he is coming from. With you, you are sometimes all over the map. You seem to hold several contradictory views at the same time. I would suggest you explore self knowledge. Then you can either fully demonstrate your Randian tendencies or, perhaps, abandon them if you conclude they are not what you really believe.  

I could care less what you think. How can anyone say that a coach leaving for a better paying job is a sell out? The only person who knows that is the coach himself. Who are we  to judge?

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

I could care less what you think. How can anyone say that a coach leaving for a better paying job is a sell out? The only person who knows that is the coach himself. Who are we  to judge?

I never really expressed an opinion one way or the other up to this point on Wilkerson possibly leaving Cocoa for greener pastures. For one, it is only conjecture at this time and I for one don't think he is going anywhere. So, I think you should read stuff more carefully before replying, if you are capable. 

My point was directed at HSFBfan for thinking he would be a sellout if he did. I was trying to get him to see that such a belief would be contradictory to the views he generally expresses on most topics. And, that, as an example, your's were not. 

My own personal point of view is that, if he were made a better offer, it is totally up to him and his family to make whatever decision seemed best, given his personal circumstances. I did express the belief, though, that, if he left it would be for Merritt Island and not Viera.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If he did leave Cocoa, I believe it would be for Merritt Island. Wilk is not a spread guy and I feel that for Viera to succeed it needs to run a heavily pass oriented type of offense.

Vierra is a very affluent, suburban area and I can't see them running the smash mouth offense that Cocoa ran under Wilkerson. Just my ten cents.

I could certainly see him returning to his Alma Marta, though. And, it would be a shorter drive home. 

...he was a 1988 Merritt Island graduate

19 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

That would be an intriguing move. Do you think he would seriously consider it?

Don't know the man, it's pure speculation, but he and family live in the area. His boyhood buddy from Pop Warner thru high school ( Lance Jenkins ) was the head coach at NSB till 2015?  There are a group of area business men (NSB) who aren't afraid to throw dollars around. Booker T Washington High, out of Miami, won 10K two years in a row by winning a summer 7 on 7 tournament in New Smyrna Beach. The runner ups won 5K. So anything is possible. You know, as I do, in Florida most head coaches get 4-5K over their teaching salaries. That's the norm.

• Thanks 1