Is Manziel going to get another NFL shot?

Bormio

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

May certainly be that simple. Does Manziel still have marketing power in that regard?

Im sure he does especially in places like Dallas and Houston. I understand he won his heisman years ago but as was stated people love a come back guy

Look at the guys who did far worse and came back to the NFL. Ray lewis after the murder...Michael vick after the dog fighting ring. Im sure there are a lot more examples

The Pats are not looking to sell jerseys.  The next QB they develop is going to be the presumptive heir to Brady.  Manziel is a very different QB, but at his best is very talented.  The Patriots have been very good over the years evaluating QBs.  And Belichick is a very adaptable coach.  I have my doubts, but their interest makes me go hmmm....

Just now, Bormio said:

The Pats are not looking to sell jerseys.  The next QB they develop is going to be the presumptive heir to Brady.  Manziel is a very different QB, but at his best is very talented.  The Patriots have been very good over the years evaluating QBs.  And Belichick is a very adaptable coach.  I have my doubts, but their interest makes me go hmmm....

Are you sure about that?? They have developed at least 10 Qbs behind brady that went to a different team and never had winning records. Brady will decide when he leave and who will be there to take over

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

yes started but all have losing records

To be a starting QB you have to be good.  Cassel had a good year at KC.  Hoyer took the Texans to the playoffs.  Jimmy G is 7-0 as a starter (only 2-0 at NE).  Brissett started for the Colts last year.  Mallett has had starts.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

To be a starting QB you have to be good.  Cassel had a good year at KC.  Hoyer took the Texans to the playoffs.  Jimmy G is 7-0 as a starter (only 2-0 at NE).  Brissett started for the Colts last year.  Mallett has had starts.

Yes but if you look at the qbs behind brady for their careers they have losing records. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-are-they-now-tom-brady-backup-quarterbacksfff-2017-10

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes but if you look at the qbs behind brady for their careers they have losing records. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-are-they-now-tom-brady-backup-quarterbacksfff-2017-10

Backup QBs who go elsewhere generally do have losing records - otherwise they don’t get moved.  The Pats backups have had more success than most.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Backup QBs who go elsewhere generally do have losing records - otherwise they don’t get moved.  The Pats backups have had more success than most.

Ive provided a list of all backups under brady that when they go elsewhere they lose. So is it the NE system that makes QBs look good?

Backup QBs that move generally do lose (most never start) - not a stunner.  Also the Pats have not been drafting first round QBs.  Most NE QBs never played any real time in NE, so we do not know.  They have not had Aaron Rodgers stashed as a backup - although Jimmy G may be very, very good.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Backup QBs that move generally do lose (most never start) - not a stunner.  Also the Pats have not been drafting first round QBs.  Most NE QBs never played any real time in NE, so we do not know.  They have not had Aaron Rodgers stashed as a backup - although Jimmy G may be very, very good.

could be or could be a bust well have to see

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And I could be Bridget Bardot

Your making it sound like being a QB is a system meant for you is a bad thing...Its not. he has been very successful in the scheme that NE has asked him to run. If you look at NE offense it is not overly complicated. And he perfects it. There is absolutely nothing wrong in mastering what is being asked of you

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

You are saying the NE backups lose when away from NE, so Brady might too.  If he was with the typical Jets team and coaches - maybe.  But put him on most NFL teams - he would win a ton.

We will never know how would be do on any other team. He will be a patriot til he retires.