LiberalDonaldTrump

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In this Yankee's opinion...

IMG

CG

STA

AHP

DFB

Sta always loaded in talent but question is will this coaching staff do anything with it or waste it like last year 

DFB 

They also have questionable coaching despite probably being most talented public in broward county, they probably make playoffs and have another early exit 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IMG isnt a FL team...

1. CG

2. STA

3. Carol City

4. Wekiva

5. AHP

Wekiva is going to have a "2017 Venice"-like season. This is their team.

Heres my attempt at 6-21...

6. Chaminade-Madonna

7. Miami Northwestern (but not as good as 2017)

8. Armwood

9. Deerfield Beach

10. Raines

11. Apopka

12. Immokalee

13. Miami Central

14. Viera

15. Vero Beach

16. Lakeland

17. Venice

18. Braden River

19. Booker T. Washington

20. Trinity Christian

21. Plant

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Heres my attempt at 6-21...

6. Chaminade-Madonna [probably about right]

7. Miami Northwestern (but not as good as 2017) [i personally have a little higher but ranking fair]

8. Armwood [about right]

9. Deerfield Beach [for regular season maybe but they will be eliminated early like they always are]

10. Raines [appears you see what i see with raines]

11. Apopka [about right]

12. Immokalee [underrated team i know next to nothing about but this is good spot if they as good as last year]

13. Miami Central [probably about right at this stage]

14. Viera [lost head coach, i think they drop slightly, would have closer to 21-30 range]

15. Vero Beach [like Deerfield Beach they will be ranked perfect for regular season but likely eliminated early in playoffs]

16. Lakeland [heard good things about them,  i would personally rank them higher but this is fair considering it's preseason but could be fast risers come mid season]

17. Venice [heard they got a new qb and have pulled in a few transfers, they probably borderline top 10 by mid-season and Will still be a threat in a overall thin 7a south]

18. Braden River [probably about right]

19. Booker T. Washington [unless they somehow found a qb i don't know about they don't belong top 25, them without Richardson will probably not be the usual BTW]

20. Trinity Christian [probably about right]

21. Plant [consistent but probably not best team in their region, i see season ending whenever they have to play Lakeland 

I left comments in the brackets

Also teams to consider in each class to watch

8A

Sanford Seminole [ heard good things about this 2018 Sanford team dating back to last season, if you want a dark horse in 8a look no further than them]

Osecola [they were young on the lines last year from what I'm hearing but also have some skill positions to replace but generally consistent and should be competitive in 8a North]

7A

Columbia 

[here are a few things working in Columbia favor going into 2018. 

1) weak region with every top team losing a lot

2) they bring back most of the defense which was very young last year and will be mostly seniors and juniors this year 

By my count they replace one DL and 1 DB 

Rest of defensive starters return

Columbia also has 2 receivers with sec offers and currently have a senior and junior qb,  both with plenty of game experience and 2 different styles 

And 3) last time they lost in first round they won the region and made final 4 the following year 

Dwyer [heard some good things about dwyer lately, could be a under the radar team in 7a south]

6a

St Augustine [ very consistent and successful program, definitely worth keeping a eye on]

5A

Godby [they turned around quick in their district from 2016 to 2017 and generally a solid program, they may make a surprise trip to finals if they can win a decent but not elite 5a north

4A

University School  [could be byproduct of a overall weak class and make a run next year if stars align, worth watching]

3A

Oxbridge Academy  [still has talent and probably isn't going away quite yet,  they may have one last run to state in them this year in a weak 3a north]

2A

University Christian [probably wins a weak 2a that appears to be down]

1A

Madison County [no explanation needed but probably favorite to repeat]

Pahokee  [biggest threat to Madison County]

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IMG isnt a FL team...

1. CG  [agree]

2. STA [i understand ranking but disagree, i would switch them with Carol City]

3. AHP [currently question mark but probably get transfers between now and preseason]

4. Wekiva [hearing good things but probably a little high at this stage]

5. Carol City [should be 6a favorite at this stage]

Wekiva is going to have a "2017 Venice"-like season. This is their team.

I left comments in brackets 

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I left comments in the brackets

Also teams to consider in each class to watch

8A

Sanford Seminole [ heard good things about this 2018 Sanford team dating back to last season, if you want a dark horse in 8a look no further than them]

Osecola [they were young on the lines last year from what I'm hearing but also have some skill positions to replace but generally consistent and should be competitive in 8a North]

7A

Columbia 

[here are a few things working in Columbia favor going into 2018. 

1) weak region with every top team losing a lot

2) they bring back most of the defense which was very young last year and will be mostly seniors and juniors this year 

By my count they replace one DL and 1 DB 

Rest of defensive starters return

Columbia also has 2 receivers with sec offers and currently have a senior and junior qb,  both with plenty of game experience and 2 different styles 

And 3) last time they lost in first round they won the region and made final 4 the following year 

Dwyer [heard some good things about dwyer lately, could be a under the radar team in 7a south]

6a

St Augustine [ very consistent and successful program, definitely worth keeping a eye on]

5A

Godby [they turned around quick in their district from 2016 to 2017 and generally a solid program, they may make a surprise trip to finals if they can win a decent but not elite 5a north

4A

University School  [could be byproduct of a overall weak class and make a run next year if stars align, worth watching]

3A

Oxbridge Academy  [still has talent and probably isn't going away quite yet,  they may have one last run to state in them this year in a weak 3a north]

2A

University Christian [probably wins a weak 2a that appears to be down]

1A

Madison County [no explanation needed but probably favorite to repeat]

Pahokee  [biggest threat to Madison County]

I think Viera will do fine since they hired within the staff. He's been there since they started making their improvements with the former coach.

I also think Rockledge will be a dark horse in 5A again.

Cocoa has question marks but should rebound. Even though many in the area thought they would've hired from within the staff. But only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Keemd91 said:

I think Viera will do fine since they hired within the staff. He's been there since they started making their improvements with the former coach.

Cocoa has question marks but should rebound. Even though many in the area thought they would've hired from within the staff. But only time will tell.

I agree with rockledge 

They just have the unfortunate luck of being in 5a south

They would have won 5a north last year 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I agree with rockledge 

They just have the unfortunate luck of being in 5a south

They would have won 5a north last year 

I agree completely. They did do an excellent job and competed well against Cardinal Gibbons. Gave them a run for their money. Not sure if was them looking ahead to AHP, but they almost didn't make it. 

1 minute ago, Keemd91 said:

I agree completely. They did do an excellent job and competed well against Cardinal Gibbons. Gave them a run for their money. Not sure if was them looking ahead to AHP, but they almost didn't make it. 

Rockledge fell under the radar until they beat cocoa 

Cardinal gibbons was solid but probably did look ahead to what was effectively the 5a state championship because i could tell whoever won out of gibbons and AHP was winning 5a, but Immokalee did give AHP a scare 

5a has several good teams both north and south but the only elite teams are in the South 

North isn't bad but none match up with a team like AHP or cardinal gibbons 

11 minutes ago, Keemd91 said:

The fortunate thing for cocoa is that 4a is very bad for the most part,  even if they have a huge drop they probably coast to the final 4 at minimum 

Viera will still be solid but i don't see them being the top 10 team that many thought they were heading for after that deep run a few years ago 

I see them finishing 15-30 range depending on how deep they go and how well they do in regular season 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Rockledge fell under the radar until they beat cocoa 

Cardinal gibbons was solid but probably did look ahead to what was effectively the 5a state championship because i could tell whoever won out of gibbons and AHP was winning 5a, but Immokalee did give AHP a scare 

5a has several good teams both north and south but the only elite teams are in the South 

North isn't bad but none match up with a team like AHP or cardinal gibbons 

They were both caught in trap games

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The fortunate thing for cocoa is that 4a is very bad for the most part,  even if they have a huge drop they probably coast to the final 4 at minimum 

Viera will still be solid but i don't see them being the top 10 team that many thought they were heading for after that deep run a few years ago 

I see them finishing 15-30 range depending on how deep they go and how well they do in regular season 

Cocoa definitely has the playmakers and will most likely have their offense ran like the one MCC used the past few years. 

Viera should have a helluva passing game. They have Cocoa's assistant head coach as their receiver coach now. I know he will help their skill positions with their speed as well.

19 minutes ago, Prog8r said:

I am very interested in Cocoa this year.  The new coach has a very good Offensive resume.  Some of those transfers will more than likely come back in. 

I only know of a couple that transferred out and one transferred to Palm Bay where the former RB coach went but I want to say they are related.

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Thank you..

You a good poster...I live in West Palm Beach and they never have much..Glades Central went down the tubes...WTF....

I can't fully understand why Glades Central has fallen off,  my guess is coaching but considering I don't have any connections there I can't be sure