Former Raider Matt Millen in Fight for his Life.

DevilDog

Wow couldn't believe it when I saw this photo of him.  Fighting a terrible disease

Millen’s down around 50 pounds in the past year, chasing a cure for a disease called amyloidosis that is particularly evil: He needs debilitating chemotherapy now to fight amyloid, a rogue protein that attacks organs (his heart, in this case). Because the amyloid is attacking his heart, he’ll eventually need a heart transplant to have a chance to live many more years.

Millen fights for his life: ‘It’s getting late. We need a big stop’

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/14/matt-millen-sick-amyloidosis-detroit-lions-mmqb-peter-king

mmqb-matt-millen-lead.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/14/2018 at 4:01 PM, DevilDog said:

Wow couldn't believe it when I saw this photo of him.  Fighting a terrible disease

Millen’s down around 50 pounds in the past year, chasing a cure for a disease called amyloidosis that is particularly evil: He needs debilitating chemotherapy now to fight amyloid, a rogue protein that attacks organs (his heart, in this case). Because the amyloid is attacking his heart, he’ll eventually need a heart transplant to have a chance to live many more years.

Millen fights for his life: ‘It’s getting late. We need a big stop’

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/14/matt-millen-sick-amyloidosis-detroit-lions-mmqb-peter-king

mmqb-matt-millen-lead.jpg

Thanks for posting, DD. Sorry to hear he is seriously ill. His career was in full swing when I came to the USA many years ago. Hope he gets through this and has a few more good years on planet earth!

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Thanks for posting, DD. Sorry to hear he is seriously ill. His career was in full swing when I came to the USA many years ago. Hope he gets through this and has a few more good years on planet earth!

I know shocking to see him like that.  Just remember him as the big tough LB for the Raiders and 49ers. I hope he prevails as well sir.