Jeff Sessions makes a great decison

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Correct. Those in "need."

There is a difference between "need" and "I don't want to" or "I don't like my options."

Those in need should only receive if they aren't PHYSICALLY able to work. Anything less won't work.

Why are parents not forcing their kids to get summer jobs? isnt that enabling them for failure later in life with the excuse you have mentioned of I dont want to do that...I used to have that excuse of I dont want and it leads down a path of misery.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with what you are saying but can wages realistically chase inflation??? For example houses go up in price all the time should wages keep increasing to chase that. Our goods and services go up all the time should our wages chase those increases. How many increases per year should our wages increase to keep up the increase of the things I have mentioned??

Wages should go up, period. I can't dictate how much.

But if wages haven't gone up since the 80s, something is wrong.

There used to be unions and other groups that protected wages and advocated for higher pay. Republicans have convinced some people that these groups are bad and that the market should dictate pay. Well, that hasn't worked.

Why are parents not forcing their kids to get summer jobs? isnt that enabling them for failure later in life with the excuse you have mentioned of I dont want to do that...I used to have that excuse of I dont want and it leads down a path of misery.

If the kids don't need summer jobs, then why would they get one?

Companies aren't forced to pay people more money, so they don't.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Wages should go up, period. I can't dictate how much.

But if wages haven't gone up since the 80s, something is wrong.

There used to be unions and other groups that protected wages and advocated for higher pay. Republicans have convinced some people that these groups are bad and that the market should dictate pay. Well, that hasn't worked.

My whole family is union and believe unions should be shut down. They protect too many people that dont have to do anything. You have teachers that know after tenure they dont have to do anything. Teachers accused of sexual misconduct are in the system for years as their union fights for them. Unions were great 100 years ago when they fought for better conditions and ended 12 year olds dying in factories and better working conditions. We dont deal with that anymore

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If the kids don't need summer jobs, then why would they get one?

Companies aren't forced to pay people more money, so they don't.

You learn things when you go to work. You collect a paycheck to pay for things on your own instead of mommy and daddy giving you money. You learn responsibility. Every teenager every summer should be getting a job

Please read the Time article i posted

My whole family is union and believe unions should be shut down. They protect too many people that dont have to do anything. You have teachers that know after tenure they dont have to do anything. Teachers accused of sexual misconduct are in the system for years as their union fights for them. Unions were great 100 years ago when they fought for better conditions and ended 12 year olds dying in factories and better working conditions. We dont deal with that anymore

So what is the alternative? Those unions protect your wages and job security, Without them, you generally don't get equal pay, good benefits, raises, etc...... Unions protect people and give them due process. If they do something bad, they are given due process, and can be fired like everyone else. But they cannot be fired on the spot, without due process, like non unions jobs.

Looks when this country started to nosedive. About the same time unions started to go down.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So what is the alternative? Those unions protect your wages and job security, Without them, you generally don't get equal pay, good benefits, raises, etc...... Unions protect people and give them due process. If they do something bad, they are given due process, and can be fired like everyone else. But they cannot be fired on the spot, without due process, like non unions jobs.

Looks when this country started to nosedive. About the same time unions started to go down.

Yes you should be fired on the spot. I believe every job i ever worked except the one I am in now there was an understanding of I can walk away anytime I wanted and they can fire me at any time they wanted...It made you work. It kept you looking over your shoulder. There was a nervousness of I gotta do what i gotta do everyday because they may fire me. Because you need money in this world you accept the job that is offered to you. Obv if you have multiple options you take the one that is the best one for you. maybe without raises and such it would force goods and services to come crashing down instead of wages chasing these things

So if you are wrongfully accused of something that can get you fired, you should be fired on the spot, with no due process or representation? Interesting.

You shouldnt be putting yourself in a position to be wrongfully accused of anything in a working environment.  What are you doing that you are putting yourself in that situation

You shouldnt be putting yourself in a position to be wrongfully accused of anything in a working environment.  What are you doing that you are putting yourself in that situation

Let's say nothing. Someone has a vendetta against you for whatever reason and accuses you of sexual harassment.

So fired on the spot with ANY chance to legally defend yourself through due process?

Good luck with that.

Unions may have bad elements to them, but they also protect good, hard working people.

Let's say nothing. Someone has a vendetta against you for whatever reason and accuses you of sexual harassment.

So fired on the spot with ANY chance to legally defend yourself through due process?

Good luck with that.

Unions may have bad elements to them, but they also protect good, hard working people.

But there are ones that are protected and know it and are just lazy and dont have to do anything anymore because of their union protection. Also unions have set up all these pension funds and what not which again my family is apart of but is a huge burden on the state city etc. 

For one if you feel accused and you do nothing you get a lawyer and you sue for damages and you can do that yourself. 

Also there are the ones that are union reps who just collect the dues and you never see them again

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Man I grew up with white kids.

They would be ashamed to be recognized as being from the same race as some of you. 

Some of you are just straight out ignorant. 

You have no clue about life.

And have the nerve to try and tell others what to do and how to live. 

Generation X

Don't care about anyone but yourself.

Smart as hell at being dumb.

What does this have to do with race?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But there are ones that are protected and know it and are just lazy and dont have to do anything anymore because of their union protection. Also unions have set up all these pension funds and what not which again my family is apart of but is a huge burden on the state city etc. 

For one if you feel accused and you do nothing you get a lawyer and you sue for damages and you can do that yourself. 

Also there are the ones that are union reps who just collect the dues and you never see them again

So because some lazy people are protected, unions should be abolished?

Employees should have zero representation? Companies will do the right thing and pay their employees well with pay and benefits, fitting of what they deserve for the job they perform?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Look at wages since unions have taken a nose dive.

So because some lazy people are protected, unions should be abolished?

Employees should have zero representation? Companies will do the right thing and pay their employees well with pay and benefits, fitting of what they deserve for the job they perform?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Look at wages since unions have taken a nose dive.

No companies are about the bottom line you know that. Companies will always be about bottom lines. You are not going to mess with their profit and their stockholders profits. You should go to work everyday and assume everyday you can be fired. Like I said unions did their best 100 years ago. Now that those regulations are set in place we as workers have better conditions and the like. Look at the teachers strike. They are making 50000+ for 10 months of work and are bitching about it

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Do you and I not have the same opportunities? We can apply for the same jobs?

In fact, in public service, good paying jobs, YOU ACTUALLY GET priority over me for being a minority.

Is that fair?

Read the time article they are more opportunities today for Women and Minorities than there are for white people. 

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Disagree. That is a shitty way to show up to work everyday. And not a good way to get the bets out of people.

People like stability. And most people flourish in this setting.

I go to work always thinking that my bosses are looking for a reason to get rid of me. So I work hard get done what needs to get done and dont give them a reason to fire me. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Life does not dictate that that would be the case. 

No we can't apply for the same jobs.

I would get priority over you because I would have more experience than you due to the fact that I am older than you. 

So no, that is not fair what you said. 

You said that like I expected you to. 

Like it was coming from a superior of mine.

You are Naturally better but I get it because I am black.

How condescending can you be?

I can pay myself.

Can you?

I am talking about you and I applying for the same public service job.

Same age. Same qualifications, let's just say.

YOU get priority.

Is this fair?