Jeff Sessions makes a great decison

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I go to work always thinking that my bosses are looking for a reason to get rid of me. So I work hard get done what needs to get done and dont give them a reason to fire me. 

Every hard working employee deserves some level of protections.

This is a no brainier. This is actually the mentality that built that middle class.

Now look at the middle class- low pay, horrible benefits, no protections, fired for any reasons.

The collapse of the middle class is what is eroding and bankrupting our country.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Every hard working employee deserves some level of protections.

This is a no brainier. This is actually the mentality that built that middle class.

Now look at the middle class- low pay, horrible benefits, no protections, fired for any reasons.

The collapse of the middle class is what is eroding and bankrupting our country.

Low pay is relative to whatever you consider low pay. Yes the middle class is certainly eroding but part of that is the run away cost of everything including housing which is now the most unafforadable it has every been. The baby boomer generation did a lot of damage to this country at least according to time magazine 

It is affordable to so many because there isn't a robust middle class anymore.

It is a domino effect.

Housing is unafforadable. That's a fact. Houses today are 5-6x your salary if not more. Rents are thru the roof.

But let's do what your saying let's increase the salary of people 50% to make it easy math so now people making 50k would be making 75k. Now you have two people in the house making 150k instead of 100k. House can go even higher in price because people making more money

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It is all relative. If wages increased with inflation over the years, there wouldn't be an issue.

Problem is housing and everything else has gone up, and wages hasn't. Simple.

Yes but again look at what I posted above with the scenario I presented. 

Housing prices are market driven. They may seem unaffordable to many because the middle class has SHRUNK.

The truth is people are BUYING houses at the current prices. There is a large segment of society that CAN afford housing and all the other inflated costs now.

The big issue is that many people have been forced out of the middle class and into the lower class, making things seem even more unaffordable.

Tough to say. Market dictates pricing. More people would be able to afford housing. Doesn't mean prices would skyrocket. Maybe they would go up slightly, but still able for people to afford. Better than what it is now.

Again though and I agree wages have to increase and I'm not denying that by any means but I am stating how would companies adjust for this. Like I said companies need to make their profits and they have to justify said moves to their shareholders. Let's say an increase of 20%. Well that's an increase of 20k on 100k salary per person cutting into profits. So what gets cut to make up for it 

Profits for most large companies are at record highs.

They cannot make billions and pay their employees increasing wages?

C'mon man.

They can but they wont. Cuts into the profits. Hurts shareholders. See how this works. And I know you know how it works. Why have profits of millions when you have profits of billions. Just look at amazon.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

They can but they wont. Cuts into the profits. Hurts shareholders. See how this works. And I know you know how it works. Why have profits of millions when you have profits of billions. Just look at amazon.

You can pay increased wages and benefits, have billions and profits, and satisfy shareholders.

Look at the Costco business model. They are a retailer who do exactly what other retailers say is impossible.

You can pay increased wages and benefits, have billions and profits, and satisfy shareholders.

Look at the Costco business model. They are a retailer who do exactly what other retailers say is impossible.

I dont know their model so you would have to explain 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Because you have never experienced what I can talk about from personal experience, you consider to be false.

Like I said, you don't know what other peoples lives are like.

You get VA disability every month for the rest of your life. That is a gift.

You have probably gotten a VA "no down" loan. That is a gift.

You are not as mistreated as you portray. Just stop.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I dont know their model so you would have to explain 

Look it up.

But they pay their employees an average of 20 something an hour, plus benefits, and retirement. They are a retailer. This is the Costco business model. Employees happy. Employee turnover is non existent.

For reference. Sams Club is the same exact retailer per say, at pays half that, shitty benefits, no retirement.