Jeff Sessions makes a great decison

HSFBfan

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I agree with it but does that mean if I go online right now and look at Costco jobs they are offering $20 an hour to start or do I have to work up to $20 dollars an hour. But I see how they keep their profit....hire 1 person instead of 3

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with it but does that mean if I go online right now and look at Costco jobs they are offering $20 an hour to start or do I have to work up to $20 dollars an hour. But I see how they keep their profit....hire 1 person instead of 3

They can do that because their employees are happy, perform well, and don't leave. That equals more production. Easy concept.

Crappy pay, no job security, high turnover. Less production, costs you more money in the long run.

Jobs there generally don't start at $20 an hour but most people get there within a short period of time- say a year or two. Costco's AVERAGE pay is above 20 dollars. Make sense of that as you will.

Not bad.

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They can do that because their employees are happy, perform well, and don't leave. That equals more production. Easy concept.

Crappy pay, no job security, high turnover. Less production, costs you more money in the long run.

Jobs there generally don't start at $20 an hour but most people get there within a short period of time- say a year or two. Costco's AVERAGE pay is above 20 dollars. Make sense of that as you will.

Not bad.

No not bad but your schedule is going to suck. You are not working monday-friday and leaving at 4. There are night shifts weekend etc that is a negative for a lot of people. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No not bad but your schedule is going to suck. You are not working monday-friday and leaving at 4. There are night shifts weekend etc that is a negative for a lot of people. 

Costco is closed early on Sundays.

Closed ALL holidays.

Rare for the retail world.

That is great quality of life for retail. The best in the industry.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Costco is closed early on Sundays.

Closed ALL holidays.

Rare for the retail world.

That is great quality of life for retail. The best in the industry.

Yea on Sunday it closes at 6pm by me. Still have weekend hours night hours etc etc...like I said a big negative for a lot of people esp with families. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea on Sunday it closes at 6pm by me. Still have weekend hours night hours etc etc...like I said a big negative for a lot of people esp with families. 

You could work at Sams Club for half the price and not get holidays off and home early on Sundays. That is the standard.

Most people at Costco, long term, have families and have chose to stay for decades. They are happy.

Keep in mind, these are jobs that don't require experience or education. Not bad.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You could work at Sams Club for half the price and not get holidays off and home early on Sundays. That is the standard.

Most people at Costco, long term, have families and have chose to stay for decades. They are happy.

Keep in mind, these are jobs that don't require experience or education. Not bad.

True. You make valid points but not something a majority of people would ever want to work. I cant see being happy working night shifts and weekends as I myself have done it and its not fun at all. Also in retail just because the store closes at 6 does it mean you leave at 6

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

True. You make valid points but not something a majority of people would ever want to work. I cant see being happy working night shifts and weekends as I myself have done it and its not fun at all. Also in retail just because the store closes at 6 does it mean you leave at 6

I think you are missing my point.

The retailer sector claims they can't make profits and pay their employees well, and have benefits and retirement.

Costco proves that theory wrong.

I think this also applies to other sectors of business.

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I think you are missing my point.

The retailer sector claims they can't make profits and pay their employees well, and have benefits and retirement.

Costco proves that theory wrong.

I think this also applies to other sectors of business.

I agree with the point you are making but see what costco does...they hire 1 instead of 3. So they pay more but have less employees keeping their profit margins. Very smart company 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I agree with the point you are making but see what costco does...they hire 1 instead of 3. So they pay more but have less employees keeping their profit margins. Very smart company 

Sure. But they are able to do this because their employees are happy and are much more productive than your typical retail worker.

In my town, Costco and Sams Club are right across the street. Costco is always packed. Sams is a ghost town.

Sure. But they are able to do this because their employees are happy and are much more productive than your typical retail worker.

In my town, Costco and Sams Club are right across the street. Costco is always packed. Sams is a ghost town.

I have neither in my town....I would have to drive about 10-15 minutes to get to costco. In the 26 years I have lived in my house I dont think I ever walked into costco now that I'm thinking about it lol

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I have neither in my town....I would have to drive about 10-15 minutes to get to costco. In the 26 years I have lived in my house I dont think I ever walked into costco now that I'm thinking about it lol

Go take a look. Cool place to shop. Lots of stuff in bulk, which wouldn't suit you.

But great prices, great service, great quality.

It's crazy- the gas station attendants there get like 20 bucks an hour to stand there and monitor the gas pumps lol

Go take a look. Cool place to shop. Lots of stuff in bulk, which wouldn't suit you.

But great prices, great service, great quality.

It's crazy- the gas station attendants there get like 20 bucks an hour to stand there and monitor the gas pumps lol

That's not a bad deal. Better than working inside. Yea I dont need bulk at all