For whoever brought up costco

HSFBfan

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was talking to someone about the costco model.....they just increased their starting wage to 14 an hour due to the tax cuts

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/costco-to-boost-its-minimum-wage-to-14-an-hour-2018-05-31

It is not due to tax cuts. They have been raising rages with inflation and profits. Most employees at Costco make 20 plus bucks an hour after 2 or 3 years. This is nothing new.

38 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The story states it due to the tax cuts

Costco has always been a very good employer in the retail space. Their jobs have always paid a lot better than WalMart and their benefits are affordable and better. Not sure how much the tax cuts influenced the changes you linked. But I do know they have been a good corporate entity with respect to their employees. 

15 minutes ago, concha said:

The Costco folks seem pretty sure, since they mention it.

How big a deal is this, though? The average wage at the lowest level at Costco is about $18 per hour and has been for at least a couple years. I am pretty sure very few Costco employees were getting less than $14.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

How big a deal is this, though. The average wage at the lowest level at Costco is about $18 per hour and has been for at least a couple years. I am pretty sure very few Costco employees were getting less than $14.

For future new employees I'm sure it's welcome.

It appears to be good enough for certain folks to poo-poo though and from the looks of things would not have happened without the tax cut.

1 hour ago, concha said:

The Costco folks seem pretty sure, since they mention it.

These aren't changes.

I know you southerners are generally too poor to shop at Costco, but if you knew Costco's business model, you would know NONE of these things are changes.

The AVERAGE Costco worker makes 18 an hour. Will Sams Club follow suit? No chance.

Tax cuts LMFAO!

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

These aren't changes.

I know you southerners are generally too poor to shop at Costco, but if you knew Costco's business model, you would know NONE of these things are changes.

Tax cuts LMFAO!

You really aren't good at this.

Who to believe... Costco management or Block?

🤡🤣

1 minute ago, concha said:

You really aren't good at this.

Who to believe... Costco management or Block?

🤡🤣

LOL look at the demographic that shops at Costco and who they target.

Maybe we should wonder why there aren't many Costco's in GA, but there are a record amount of fast food places LMFAO!

Enjoy the minimum wage and humidity.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LOL look at the demographic that shops at Costco and who they target.

Maybe we should wonder why there aren't many Costco's in GA, but there are a record amount of fast food places LMFAO!

Enjoy the minimum wage and humidity.

You're just not good at this. 🤡