I know folsom would consider this bad

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Yeyyyy let's root for wages to stay low!

Only in America lol

So how much more taxes would u like to pay? How many more billions in union pensions would you like to help support? I could be a bigger supporter of unions if the amount of money that someone has to pay for the wages and the pensions wasnt out of control and I understand yea we need wages but at the same time if people died it could save billions but we just keep living and living in this country. But I knew you'd would consider it bad news so it was fun posting it lmaoo good night 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

So how much more taxes would u like to pay? How many more billions in union pensions would you like to help support? I could be a bigger supporter of unions if the amount of money that someone has to pay for the wages and the pensions wasnt out of control and I understand yea we need wages but at the same time if people died it could save billions but we just keep living and living in this country. But I knew you'd would consider it bad news so it was fun posting it lmaoo good night 

People pay money out of their checks I to their pension plans. It isn't free money. 

Wages need to grow. Period. 

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

People pay money out of their checks I to their pension plans. It isn't free money. 

Wages need to grow. Period. 

Yes I know how it works 

How about instead of wages trying to chase everything...everything else comes down considerably? Cant the two meet in the middle?

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So wages have to rise at least with inflation forma fully healthy economy. 

Than inflation will keep going up because wages went up considerably. So this is a chicken and egg discussion with absolutely no end. Like I said I gotta go. Goodnight

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Not really. Inflation happens no matter what. Wages haven't risen since the 80s. 

National average minimum wage

https://www.infoplease.com/business-finance/labor-and-employment/annual-federal-minimum-wage-rates-1955-2015

By State

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You forgot inflation. 

Minimum wage is still 7 something an hour in the south in 2018. Shameful. 

13 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Wait til the supreme court rules on unions man oh man the big unions are gonna be screaming lol the biggest teachers union already dumped 50 billion and is expected to lose over 300k members. 

It’s not the Union’s often unreasonable wage scales that is their undoing.  It’s their stubborn attitude, refusal to openly embrace technology, narrow mindedness, and idea that taxpayers represent an infinite pool of financial opportunity.  

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s not the Union’s often unreasonable wage scales that is their undoing.  It’s their stubborn attitude, refusal to openly embrace technology, narrow mindedness, and idea that taxpayers represent an infinite pool of financial opportunity.  

Well yes they are very stubborn and they fight tooth and nail for some people who should just be fired. Unions make it harder to get things done and they can sleep walk thru their jobs because of the protections their unions afford them. There is a road in Brooklyn has been under construction for 35 years being done by union workers. Its not good. All some of these union representatives want is the collection of your hard earned money so they can grease the palm of someone else. No different than the mafia of old

10 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Unreasonable wage scales?

So wages not moving for 30 years without unions isn't bad?

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Unreasonable wage scales?

So wages not moving for 30 years without unions isn't bad?

What should a guy/gal that moves little carts taking machined components from one work center to another get paid?  This is a job that requires very little skill, little physical dexterity, very little thought.  $10/hr, $20/hr, $30/hr....keep going.

Machinists at McDonnel Douglas went on strike to protest the part runners from being classified outside actual skilled labor (machinists) pay scale.  MD had to cave in and pay the part runners as though they were skilled machinists, who at the time were making double what machinists in similar jobs in the same area were making.  

The same machinists had been fighting MD’s plan to bring in multi axis CNC machining centers.  Machinist Union demanded significant increase from the already lofty wages if the membership was forced to learn the new technology.

MD, based on the declining efficiency in the machined parts departments on a critical program, eventually fell in violation of contract allowing the government to intervene.   All the work got sourced out to local shops for that program.

BTW, the wages in that situation are in the $40/hr range for the guys outside of MD, which in that area was a pretty good wage.  None of the displaced union guys could get jobs in local shops when theirs went away.

There are many such situations very similar to this one that have happened over the years in fairly high wage situations.  Small wonder then, that unions have been losing out.