Lou Costello GYM/Boxing Club.

tommygun58

Thank you for bringing up  Abbot & Costello in the OT section.Brought back a lot of great memories of my mother, father,uncles & aunts they all grew up in or around Paterson NJ telling me their stories about meeting Glen Miller,Harry James,Duke Ellington...they all did their gigs in Paterson years ago.Their best story was when at a club that Lou was preforming at, my aunt Nancy( a nun)was laughing so hard he joined the table during a break.He spoke with her & they prayed together about his daughter that drowned in his pool,then took her on stage & thanked all that helped him get through his tough time.Later on my aunt Nancy was a nurse at St Elizabeth Hospital that worked on Phil Rizzuto after Eddy Stankey blinded him by throwing dirt in his eyes while sliding into 2nd base.We got box seats at the stadium for the entire family in 1968,nurse nuns were in the booth with Phil & later we all went to Montclair NJ  & he made us a spaghetti dinner.Mantle,Pepitone, Berra,Whitey Ford & Elston Howard were there.Yes,I have pictures with autographs to prove it.I took better car of those pics then the cards with the crappy gum.No clothes pin & bicycle spoke stuff.

I will follow with the boxing story soon.Boss (wife)says GET THE F OF THE COMPUTER !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

Thank you for bringing up  Abbot & Costello in the OT section.Brought back a lot of great memories of my mother, father,uncles & aunts they all grew up in or around Paterson NJ telling me their stories about meeting Glen Miller,Harry James,Duke Ellington...they all did their gigs in Paterson years ago.Their best story was when at a club that Lou was preforming at, my aunt Nancy( a nun)was laughing so hard he joined the table during a break.He spoke with her & they prayed together about his daughter that drowned in his pool,then took her on stage & thanked all that helped him get through his tough time.Later on my aunt Nancy was a nurse at St Elizabeth Hospital that worked on Phil Rizzuto after Eddy Stankey blinded him by throwing dirt in his eyes while sliding into 2nd base.We got box seats at the stadium for the entire family in 1968,nurse nuns were in the booth with Phil & later we all went to Montclair NJ  & he made us a spaghetti dinner.Mantle,Pepitone, Berra,Whitey Ford & Elston Howard were there.Yes,I have pictures with autographs to prove it.I took better car of those pics then the cards with the crappy gum.No clothes pin & bicycle spoke stuff.

I will follow with the boxing story soon.Boss (wife)says GET THE F OF THE COMPUTER !

Thanks.

Cool stories.  Looking forward to the boxing story.  

• Like 1