Good Lord

DarterBlue

32 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Does it ever end with this guy?  Pruitt is out of f'in control.  He's some local yokel from Oklahoma, who now is in a position of authority in the big city, and is running buckwild over every appearance of propriety while in office.  Dude needs to go back home, yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Does it ever end with this guy?  Pruitt is out of f'in control.  He's some local yokel from Oklahoma, who now is in a position of authority in the big city, and is running buckwild over every appearance of propriety while in office.  Dude needs to go back home, yesterday.

Are u guys mad because Pruitt wants to undo EPA regulations?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Trump's policy goals in regards to environmental regs. have literally nothing to do with this.  I'm mad because the freaking guy, who is a cabinet-level appointee, is using his office to try and secure a f'in Chik-Fil-A francise for his wife!  Among a myriad of other ethics issues.

This guy is a swamp unto himself, and needs to be drained, yesterday. 

(This is one of those times where you can say that President Donald John Trump made a mistake and should can his appointee.  The President can find someone else to carry out his goals vis-a-vis the EPA who doesn't cause a headache for the administration day-in and day-out.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

(This is one of those times where you can say that President Donald John Trump made a mistake and should can his appointee.  The President can find someone else to carry out his goals vis-a-vis the EPA who doesn't cause a headache for the administration day-in and day-out.)

Exactly!

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Trump's policy goals in regards to environmental regs. have literally nothing to do with this.  I'm mad because the freaking guy, who is a cabinet-level appointee, is using his office to try and secure a f'in Chik-Fil-A francise for his wife!  Among a myriad of other ethics issues.

This guy is a swamp unto himself, and needs to be drained, yesterday. 

Apparently this is why Trump wont fire Pruitt

https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/amp/2018/06/how-trump-could-get-scott-pruitt-to-fire-robert-mueller.html

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I disagree with this administration's EPA policies. This is no secret. However, I also disagree with its policies on: Finance, HUD, and a number of other areas. I don't post stuff on heads of these areas, and, in general, I don't usually make posts on individuals. However, this guy is a damn thief, pure and simple. The administration could find an like minded person to run the EPA without this dufus!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I disagree with this administration's EPA policies. This is no secret. However, I also disagree with its policies on: Finance, HUD, and a number of other areas. I don't post stuff on heads of these areas, and, in general, I don't usually make posts on individuals. However, this guy is a damn thief, pure and simple. The administration could find an like minded person to run the EPA without this dufus!

Read the articles I posted. Trump will not fire Pruitt. Sounds like sessions is next to go. Pruitt gets sessions spot and fires Mueller 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Read the articles I posted. Trump will not fire Pruitt. Sounds like sessions is next to go. Pruitt gets sessions spot and fires Mueller 

If Trump did that, i.e. used Pruitt to fire Mueller, we will have a constitutional crisis! If he listens any competent, legal adviser with any shred of respect for precedent he will not do this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If Trump did that, i.e. used Pruitt to fire Mueller, we will have a constitutional crisis! If he listens any competent, legal adviser with any shred of respect for precedent he will not do this. 

That's what that article is stating and he has the power to do it. They state the act that it falls under. Federal vacancy reforms act is the act. So if he has the power to do why not?

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's what that article is stating and he has the power to do it. They state the act that it falls under. Federal vacancy reforms act is the act. So if he has the power to do why not?

Why would Trump want Mueller fired in the first place? If it's because he's guilty of collusion with Russians then he deserves to be impeached. If he is innocent, why does he so fear Mueller? Mueller has been a lifelong Republican who served in other administrations. Why would he be inclined to get Trump on trumped up charges?

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Why would Trump want Mueller fired in the first place? If it's because he's guilty of collusion with Russians then he deserves to be impeached. If he is innocent, why does he so fear Mueller? Mueller has been a lifelong Republican who served in other administrations. Why would he be inclined to get Trump on trumped up charges?

Your not gonna impeach trump. The votes are not there in the senate. This whole investigation is taking way too long. More and more people are over it and tired of it. Think about it if trump was of any concern that he had any chance of being impeached why not just walk away and go back to being a billionaire. Than pence becomes president and the people on the left would really scream at the sky over that 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Your not gonna impeach trump. The votes are not there in the senate. This whole investigation is taking way too long. More and more people are over it and tired of it. Think about it if trump was of any concern that he had any chance of being impeached why not just walk away and go back to being a billionaire. Than pence becomes president and the people on the left would really scream at the sky over that 

Then why is Trump so anxious to get rid of Mueller that he would consider firing him and installing Pruitt? You can't have it both ways!

Then why is Trump so anxious to get rid of Mueller that he would consider firing him and installing Pruitt? You can't have it both ways!

To get rid of him. To move on from the nonsense and we can get back to the agenda of the country. But at the end of the day Pruitt wants the AG job for that reason at least according to the report 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

To get rid of him. To move on from the nonsense and we can get back to the agenda of the country. But at the end of the day Pruitt wants the AG job for that reason at least according to the report 

IT is not nonsense, though. If there are credible reasons to believe that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign government, that is interference with the US political system by a foreign government. I refuse to believe Mueller would not wrap up this investigation if he has not found matters corroborating serious issues with the way the Trump campaign was conducted. I really, really believe this. And if it's true, you should be damned concerned for next time the shoe may be on the other foot. 

• Like 1

IT is not nonsense, though. If there are credible reasons to believe that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign government, that is interference with the US political system by a foreign government. I refuse to believe Mueller would not wrap up this investigation if he has not found matters corroborating serious issues with the way the Trump campaign was conducted. I really, really believe this. And if it's true, you should be damned concerned for next time the shoe may be on the other foot. 

There is always meddling. I'm sure the USA has interfered in an election or 2 or helped get rid of leaders. I dont think Mueller like trump at all and will do anything to make sure trump looks bad. Im not concerned at all. People are gonna get screwed one way or another. But hey nobody is looking into how Hillary screwed bernie but I'm glad she did. Made 2016 a lot easier to win

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Special prosecutors develop a one track mind - come up with something.  So they keep searching.  Mueller has gone far afield, trying to find something to justify his existence.  He will pick up a few pelts, but I don’t think he has a damn thing on Trump - not for lack of effort.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bormio said:

Special prosecutors develop a one track mind - come up with something.  So they keep searching.  Mueller has gone far afield, trying to find something to justify his existence.  He will pick up a few pelts, but I don’t think he has a damn thing on Trump - not for lack of effort.

I think there is something there. Trump has been a master of understanding loopholes in both the law and dealing with the treasury relative to his taxes. It still amazes me that his BS audit excuse is still effective. Anyone who has substantial business interests in Russia has at least to some degree, immersed themselves in the corruption that is part of the foundation of the Russian economy. It may take years to weave through the countless layers of shell corporations that insulate Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

I think there is something there. Trump has been a master of understanding loopholes in both the law and dealing with the treasury relative to his taxes. It still amazes me that his BS audit excuse is still effective. Anyone who has substantial business interests in Russia has at least to some degree, immersed themselves in the corruption that is part of the foundation of the Russian economy. It may take years to weave through the countless layers of shell corporations that insulate Trump.

I was talking about collusion with the Russians in the election - which is what Mueller is supposed to be investigating - not going on a fishing expedition.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

I was talking about collusion with the Russians in the election - which is what Mueller is supposed to be investigating - not going on a fishing expedition.

Yes, agreed.  But play out the scenario.

You’re investigating whether the Russian government “colluded” with the President to illegally influence the outcome of the election.  

If you’re even a barely-competent investigator an obvious entry point is President Donald John Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, who, let’s be honest, worked as a spin doctor and political adviser for a Putin-backed ruler in the Ukraine.  Manafort is a guy who is morally dubious, at best.  How do they possibly use Manafort as a conduit to get to Trump?  Money.  You find out Manafort has been getting paid millions of dollars from the Putin-backed Ukrainian ruler, and you manage to trace that money back to some other Russian-related entities.  

You then discover Mr. Manafort was illegally avoiding taxes and not reporting this income.  What do you do as an officer of the court?  Say “good on ya, mate” to Manafort and be on your merry way?  Or report it to the relevant US Attorney and let the chips fall?  Seems to me that’s what’s happening here in all of these scenarios, and why shouldn’t it?

Same would apply to Trump directly and his family, and the Trump Organization if Mueller discovers financial irregularities from Russian sources closely aligned with the Putin regime, wouldn’t it?  Whether it be real estate development companies, beauty pageant money, etc.?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2