This Right here (History)

DevilDog

This is posted not to dispute or argue with anyone. This isn't about you or me it's the real History>  This is the stuff that I deeply study and am appalled at it's neglect and quick dismissal even to this day.  Even when you show others  how free labor and abuse of a particular People years after slavery built this Nation and the current Prison system is a legacy of this to this day.  This former Prison Guard refused to let people tell him to get over it and is vindicated and opened up the legacy of this horrid system that to this day still abuses many with unfair sentencing and contract labor.  While the Nation enjoyed all that damn Sugar this is what produced it.  I will surely visit this site shortly.  Incredible.  This didn't end with some Hypocritical Emancipation Proclamation. 

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Bodies-of-95-black-forced-labor-prisoners-from-13084390.php

Bodies of 95 black forced-labor prisoners from Jim Crow era unearthed in Sugar Land after one man's quest

The convict-leasing system proliferated all across the south in the late 19th century and into the 20th, overwhelmingly targeting black Americans picked up for offenses such as vagrancy, flirting with white women or petty theft, as historian Douglas A. Blackmon reported in his Pulitzer Prize-winning book, "Slavery By Another Name." The prisoners were then leased by the state to private businessmen and forced to work on plantations, in coal mines and railroads or other state projects - such as building the entire Texas Capitol building from scratch.

They were estimated to be as young as 14 and as old as 70.

The unearthed gravesite recalls one of the darkest periods of American history, historians and archaeologists told The Post. The discovery may vindicate Moore. But more crucially, he said, it vindicates the prisoners whose backbreaking work helped rebuild the state of Texas in the ruins of the post-Civil War era without so much as a proper burial to acknowledge their contributions.

"I think we're going to be able to paint a very vivid picture of how these people lived and what they went through here," Clark said. "This is a completely rare site. It's going to change how we think about Texas history and how we think about ourselves and how we built this state, how all of us built this state."

In Texas, the highly profitable system was notorious along the Brazos River, the epicenter of the country's sugar industry in the 19th century.

• Sad 1

Damn DD, why you want to go there? With all the fake news around, who's got time for the ugly truth. You think you can educate this crowd with old skeletons, rotten wood, and a sob story. Wake up, my young brother, this small snippet of our tragic past can't penetrate the dense Neanderthals who roam here. They find their truth, from a con man charlatan who easily hoodwinked them into the belief of recreating our nations great historical past. Strangely though, that actual date in time is never mentioned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Damn DD, why you want to go there? With all the fake news around, who's got time for the ugly truth. You think you can educate this crowd with old skeletons, rotten wood, and a sob story. Wake up, my young brother, this small snippet of our tragic past can't penetrate the dense Neanderthals who roam here. They find their truth, from a con man charlatan who easily hoodwinked them into the belief of recreating our nations great historical past. Strangely though, that actual date in time is never mentioned. 

I know its a better narrative to brand me a taker,  A nothing contributor to this nations greatness and a complainer who should just let it go and get over it.  From the people that celebrate more old and outdated B.S. than any nation on earth.  Get over Slavery yet they Re-enact the Civil War constantly and even have Confederate Monuments,  Get over Jim Crow yet bias and discrimination is still very prevalent.  They act as if showing them the truth is a swipe or affront to them personally.  I was taught if something is said that upsets you it is probably because it has something to do with you.    9_9 I was having a discussion with my boss the other day and she says you won't believe how racist this country is (She is a Caucasian lady).  She says "I am in the club" and gave me the quotation expression with her hands or they think that because I am white.  She says the N-word Is constant when any conversation is about Black People.  I said I know that and only a fool pretends otherwise.  @HawgGoneIt I remember stating how much he heard it about Obama.  They are not hoodwinked they are hypocrites plain and simple.  They claimed Obama went around embarrassing America by stating we have done some B.S. that was not good.  Yet they embrace a Man who discredits our Security Apparatus and embraces a Russian Leader and says America is to blame and done worse. Not one Peep about it.  HYPOCRITES.  This is real History not HIS-STORY.  Why else do you think they were buried with no markers to erase them and hide the truth? Any man that forgets his history has no sense of his current situation.  Those that do are successful because they are aware of the pitfalls and trappings.  Those that don't will fall for anything.  This is a very tragic but educational story. 

By the way Contract Labor isn't to damn far removed from Convict Leasing except now they are Mexican

Some companies opt to hire contractors instead of employees, in large part to save on the high cost of having them "on the books," which could easily inflate your payroll costs by 20% - 30%. Other advantages include:

Flexibility to expand or contract your workforce as needed. Hire for a specific project, and the expense is gone with the project is done. It's preordained so there's no trauma or legal trouble that can accompany letting someone go.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know its a better narrative to brand me a taker,  A nothing contributor to this nations greatness and a complainer who should just let it go and get over it.  From the people that celebrate more old and outdated B.S. than any nation on earth.  Get over Slavery yet they Re-enact the Civil War constantly and even have Confederate Monuments,  Get over Jim Crow yet bias and discrimination is still very prevalent.  They act as if showing them the truth is a swipe or affront to them personally.  I was taught if something is said that upsets you it is probably because it has something to do with you.    9_9 I was having a discussion with my boss the other day and she says you won't believe how racist this country is (She is a Caucasian lady).  She says "I am in the club" and gave me the quotation expression with her hands or they think that because I am white.  She says the N-word Is constant when any conversation is about Black People.  I said I know that and only a fool pretends otherwise.  @HawgGoneIt I remember stating how much he heard it about Obama.  They are not hoodwinked they are hypocrites plain and simple.  They claimed Obama went around embarrassing America by stating we have done some B.S. that was not good.  Yet they embrace a Man who discredits our Security Apparatus and embraces a Russian Leader and says America is to blame and done worse. Not one Peep about it.  HYPOCRITES.  This is real History not HIS-STORY.  Why else do you think they were buried with no markers to erase them and hide the truth? Any man that forgets his history has no sense of his current situation.  Those that do are successful because they are aware of the pitfalls and trappings.  Those that don't will fall for anything.  This is a very tragic but educational story. 

By the way Contract Labor isn't to damn far removed from Convict Leasing except now they are Mexican

Some companies opt to hire contractors instead of employees, in large part to save on the high cost of having them "on the books," which could easily inflate your payroll costs by 20% - 30%. Other advantages include:

Flexibility to expand or contract your workforce as needed. Hire for a specific project, and the expense is gone with the project is done. It's preordained so there's no trauma or legal trouble that can accompany letting someone go.

Damn DD, I was going strong on a 150+ word reply to your informative post when my tablet battery went dead!!!!!!!!! The right now with tariffs, disrespecting the intelligence services, and cuddling red communist dictators has switched places with the Utopian hippy left of the 1960's. But far and away (IMO) the more pressing issue is Trump's inflammatory racial and cultural rhetoric that inflames and encourages crazies to act on their impulses. Like a 100yrs ago it's OK to act out in public. The President does it, so can I. (Short version)             

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Damn DD, I was going strong on a 150+ word reply to your informative post when my tablet battery went dead!!!!!!!!! The right now with tariffs, disrespecting the intelligence services, and cuddling red communist dictators has switched places with the Utopian hippy left of the 1960's. But far and away (IMO) the more pressing issue is Trump's inflammatory racial and cultural rhetoric that inflames and encourages crazies to act on their impulses. Like a 100yrs ago it's OK to act out in public. The President does it, so can I. (Short version)             

Damn Battery >:(

Did you see the excerpt from The View of Whoopie and Pirro?  This sums up both sides in a nutshell.   She's not an ideologue but listen to the name of her book and you can just guess the rest of it.  Every metric Is better according to her.  She needs to check out the Hate Crimes Stats.

• Like 1