sjr recap

SJR89

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Imhotep? Meh. I envision another 2017 DFB game. 

Heard that the SJR AD had to have a "talk" with the QBs father this past weekend in GA re controlling his "enthusiasm." Can't be easy watching your defenseless kid get leveled so much. 

On a Brighter note 

2 More sjr football players got Their 1st offer for a Free D1 Education 

BC

776604AA-A347-402B-93B5-8A12FAC47373.jpeg

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea I can't wait.  Pulling for BC - my gut tells me Joe's but it also tells me to eat 2,000 calories every night so who knows

i'm more on the fence..I believe BC is the more complete team but for Joe's the BC game is their Super Bowl,World Series,NBA Championship and Stanley Cup all rolled into one. Many friends that went to Joe's and I believe it comes down to an inferiority complex. They have always felt rightly or wrongly that Bergen guys look down on them like red headed step children and they channel it. Kicking Bergen's ass is what Joe's boys relish. Bergen wins on paper but paper can be shredded. It's close but up in Montvale I won't be surprised if you prediction comes true.

9 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

i'm more on the fence..I believe BC is the more complete team but for Joe's the BC game is their Super Bowl,World Series,NBA Championship and Stanley Cup all rolled into one. Many friends that went to Joe's and I believe it comes down to an inferiority complex. They have always felt rightly or wrongly that Bergen guys look down on them like red headed step children and they channel it. Kicking Bergen's ass is what Joe's boys relish. Bergen wins on paper but paper can be shredded. It's close but up in Montvale I won't be surprised if you prediction comes true.

lol well said - that is the dichotomy between BC & Joe's.  And in my time PC were the guidos.....the BC student body used to chant "Warm up the Irocs" when we beat them.  Haha nothing like the BNU rivalries.'

To be honest. Joe's looks more freaky to me.  They seem to have a sick combo of size & speed

8 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

lol well said - that is the dichotomy between BC & Joe's.  And in my time PC were the guidos.....the BC student body used to chant "Warm up the Irocs" when we beat them.  Haha nothing like the BNU rivalries.'

To be honest. Joe's looks more freaky to me.  They seem to have a sick combo of size & speed

Haha my favorite is the “BrokeBack Bosco “ chant

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

the only question mark that has been debated for some time and especially over the last day by me is that I don't believe that Joe's has the offensive firepower. O-line on paper is solid but didn't perform well last week, Alaimo?? has to prove himself..running game??even SJR89 wasn't impressed. We all know the D will be there but can the O put points on the board against not a great but definitely not a shabby Bergen D. 

10 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

i would have to say your assessment is completely wrong....I graduated in 89'....BC was dominant in football from TK on at BC...TK came to SJR my Frosh year....he told us as Freshman, if we did what he told us to do...we would win a state championship our senior year.....so we were gunning for BC in every game....our class never lost to the 88'  BC class in game of classes......we wanted to be state champs...our only obstacle was BC....bosco was atrocious and PC was well...PC they just sucked.  

41 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

i would have to say your assessment is completely wrong....I graduated in 89'....BC was dominant in football from TK on at BC...TK came to SJR my Frosh year....he told us as Freshman, if we did what he told us to do...we would win a state championship our senior year.....so we were gunning for BC in every game....our class never lost to the 88'  BC class in game of classes......we wanted to be state champs...our only obstacle was BC....bosco was atrocious and PC was well...PC they just sucked.  

Ok so your point is that in order to achieve what you wanted you had to go thru BC and that was the motivating factor? Would you say that BC is the #1 rival for the SJR faithful? I can understand your point it has just never seemed that way to me and when I've brought it up to my SJR friends they pretty much confirm it. 

yes for my class and the '88 class....yes BC was our main rival and is our main rival today.  that is  no doubt...at least for me and my group of friends there was no inferiority complex...as we went to school with all these kids in grade school....BC was in the way of us winning states...that's it.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

yes for my class and the '88 class....yes BC was our main rival and is our main rival today.  that is  no doubt...at least for me and my group of friends there was no inferiority complex...as we went to school with all these kids in grade school....BC was in the way of us winning states...that's it.  

also maybe that's how kids felt in the Pre - TK era but not sure as by brother graduated in 85'...and there was just a dislike for BC....

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Imhotep Charter isn’t some chump program. I Expect sjr to win but it won’t be a pushover.. 

I know they are good...there are fast...but they will not able to stop the run for 4 quarters....O line will wear them down....minus a rookie mistake by our CB #1...SJR defense had the speed to match AHP  wide ....so like our chances to grind it out

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I know they are good...there are fast...but they will not able to stop the run for 4 quarters....O line will wear them down....minus a rookie mistake by our CB #1...SJR defense had the speed to match AHP  wide ....so like our chances to grind it out

Gut check time in Montvale..SJR rises to the occasion and rights the ship--SJR 24-17

BC rolls A.Wood 44-10
SJP beats SPP 24-14
Zaga downs DBP 30-10 

5 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Imhotep has speed on the outside (assuming this because they always do) that will challenge the sjr secondary .... 

13 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

the only question mark that has been debated for some time and especially over the last day by me is that I don't believe that Joe's has the offensive firepower. O-line on paper is solid but didn't perform well last week, Alaimo?? has to prove himself..running game??even SJR89 wasn't impressed. We all know the D will be there but can the O put points on the board against not a great but definitely not a shabby Bergen D. 

I agree with all of the points you make which makes me divided as well.  I think that teams defense might be better than anyone else they face the remainder of the season.   I could easily be way off as well - just my initial instincts.  Luckily this game comes soon rather than at the end of the year!