Its bergen bosco week

HSFBfan

On 9/17/2018 at 10:01 AM, HSFBfan said:

For some reason this game seems way too early in the year.

Bosco coming off win against west orange

Bergen coming off let's say a very disappointing game against spp

After seeing both teams so far this year this game should be close

Bosco run defense is very good. Byrnes had problems running the ball against them. Bergen had a couple of good runs against spp but obv not enough. 

Bosco should be able to limit bergen running game and make them one dimensional which is basically what spp did to them 

Bosco offense is what worries me but if they are able to pass the ball they will be able to stay in this game and possibly even win. 

Bergen punt return coverage team was porous last week and spp had all sorts of room to run. Can bosco take advantage of that

After saying all that I'm gonna go out on a limb and say bosco wins this game 21-17.

It just looks like bergen hasn't come back to earth after beating grayson 

Nothing like Bergen v Bosco.  HSFB who do you like with the points in Bama vs A&M - why the hell is the spread so high.  I want jump on A&M with the points but it seems like a trap....

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Nothing like Bergen v Bosco.  HSFB who do you like with the points in Bama vs A&M - why the hell is the spread so high.  I want jump on A&M with the points but it seems like a trap....

Idk man. I've been going back and forth on that game. Clemson who is #2 only beat TAMU by 2 18-16 and TAMU had a chance to win that game. Now that game was at TAMU. TAMU now has to come to bama who is playing lights out football but let's face it they havent played really anyone with a pulse. Louisville is in rebuild  ark state ok good sunbelt team but no test. Ole miss who beat texas tech just got destroyed. So now does TAMU with their battle tested team with the clemson game show up and keep it close or can alabama turn it on at any time and just keep steam rolling. I think vegas wants you to take TAMU with the points which signals to me that's it's a trap and alabama is gonna roll. I wouldnt touch this game with a 50 foot rod. Just an interesting fact tho alabama has covered the spread in every game so far

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk man. I've been going back and forth on that game. Clemson who is #2 only beat TAMU by 2 18-16 and TAMU had a chance to win that game. Now that game was at TAMU. TAMU now has to come to bama who is playing lights out football but let's face it they havent played really anyone with a pulse. Louisville is in rebuild  ark state ok good sunbelt team but no test. Ole miss who beat texas tech just got destroyed. So now does TAMU with their battle tested team with the clemson game show up and keep it close or can alabama turn it on at any time and just keep steam rolling. I think vegas wants you to take TAMU with the points which signals to me that's it's a trap and alabama is gonna roll. I wouldnt touch this game with a 50 foot rod. Just an interesting fact tho alabama has covered the spread in every game so far

Bama defense looks sick.  But it always does 

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Bama defense looks sick.  But it always does 

Their defense is very good but very young. The MLB is a true sophomore is moses. They have some other guys who are young. The whole offense is young. Tua is back next year hes only a soph. Waddle and Jeudy are both underclassmen. Najee Harris is still young. Bama has 5 RBs and I think damien harris is the only rb leaving after this year. Jacob's and Harris come back next year. Now they do lose some key guys up front this year but I'm sure there are more in the arsenal. 

Please check out my college football bettors thread. I'll be putting up my week 4 picks for the weekend probably Friday night 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, SJR89 said:

ask any SJR football alum....the game to win is BC every year....probably bc of TK...but  from the onset to be best you had to beat  BC when TK came to SJR....bosco...was not anything until Toal got there 1999....and do not forgot that in the late 70's,,,,SJR and BC did not play each other in football because of vandalism done at each school and fights at other sporting events.....if I was a bergen student I would hate Bosco for schallacking us 24 out of 28 times as well.....

When I started at Bergen Joes was the main rival.  When I left it was Bosco and as HSFBFan pointed out from Day 1 it was way more intense for some reason. 

The games with Joes have always been competitive and weren’t they historically much better than Bosco until Toal took over?  Not sure why Bosco became our archrival but ask any Bergen guy nowadays and that’s the game circled on the calendar.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

When I started at Bergen Joes was the main rival.  When I left it was Bosco and as HSFBFan pointed out from Day 1 it was way more intense for some reason. 

The games with Joes have always been competitive and they were historically much better than Bosco until Toal took over.  Not sure why Bosco became our archrival but ask any Bergen guy nowadays and that’s the game circled on the calendar.

I can tell u come Saturday morning you'll be able to feel that hatred so to speak. That rivalry atmosphere as soon as the fans hit the parking lot. People get pumped for this game

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, Hardcore Troubador said:

The games with Joes have always been competitive and weren’t they historically much better than Bosco until Toal took over?  Not sure why Bosco became our archrival but ask any Bergen guy nowadays and that’s the game circled on the calendar.

It was Bosco/Bergen, as mentioned from the late 50's. 

During the lat 80's and 90's Bosco was not so strong and title games came down to SJR and BC hence a 2nd rivalry was born.

Bosco more than held it's own winning state crowns along the way. They never got the national attention they deserved back then as no NJ team did till uSA Today started around 82. 

Anyway, it was the Big 3, BC SJR and DBP since the the mid 60's.  

• Like 1