Its bergen bosco week

HSFBfan

For some reason this game seems way too early in the year.

Bosco coming off win against west orange

Bergen coming off let's say a very disappointing game against spp

After seeing both teams so far this year this game should be close

Bosco run defense is very good. Byrnes had problems running the ball against them. Bergen had a couple of good runs against spp but obv not enough. 

Bosco should be able to limit bergen running game and make them one dimensional which is basically what spp did to them 

Bosco offense is what worries me but if they are able to pass the ball they will be able to stay in this game and possibly even win. 

Bergen punt return coverage team was porous last week and spp had all sorts of room to run. Can bosco take advantage of that

After saying all that I'm gonna go out on a limb and say bosco wins this game 21-17.

It just looks like bergen hasn't come back to earth after beating grayson 

• Like 4

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yeah you saw me....I was getting people into the parking lot. Def a great game and a very good win. Did you say anything to me or drive past me?

I recognized you as I was passing you....I didn't see you when I was walking towards the buses. I'll keep on eye out for you next time...I like parking in that lot.

Just now, DBP66 said:

I recognized you as I was passing you....I didn't see you when I was walking towards the buses. I'll keep on eye out for you next time...I like parking in that lot.

I am there every game so you will see me again. It's not a bad lot. Problem is it's far from everything and take the bus can be a PITA. What time did you walk towards the bus?

13 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

this is the most over rated rivalry.....since 2000  they have played 28 times in regular season and playoffs

Don Bosco 24 wins   Bergen Catholic 4 wins

since 2000 SJR and BC have played 18 times

SJR 8 wins    BC 10 wins  including 4 OT games........

Overrated? The 2 schools legit hate each other. They play each other in the g4 playoffs occasionally  if not more often than not. 

Bc and sir games have been more competitive as you pointed out but when you go to bc sjr games imo you just dont sense that hatred 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Overrated? The 2 schools legit hate each other. They play each other in the g4 playoffs occasionally  if not more often than not. 

Bc and sir games have been more competitive as you pointed out but when you go to bc sjr games imo you just dont sense that hatred 

ask any SJR football alum....the game to win is BC every year....probably bc of TK...but  from the onset to be best you had to beat  BC when TK came to SJR....bosco...was not anything until Toal got there 1999....and do not forgot that in the late 70's,,,,SJR and BC did not play each other in football because of vandalism done at each school and fights at other sporting events.....if I was a bergen student I would hate Bosco for schallacking us 24 out of 28 times as well.....

4 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

ask any SJR football alum....the game to win is BC every year....probably bc of TK...but  from the onset to be best you had to beat  BC when TK came to SJR....bosco...was not anything until Toal got there 1999....and do not forgot that in the late 70's,,,,SJR and BC did not play each other in football because of vandalism done at each school and fights at other sporting events.....if I was a bergen student I would hate Bosco for schallacking us 24 out of 28 times as well.....

Exactly. Idk you go to BC DBP games and you can see feel the animosity or whatever btw the players and even the fanbase. I personally dont get that sense at a BC SJR game. Now yeah the excitement is there when either team wins btw SJR and BC. But DBP BC to me at least is on a different level. Now also BC SPP ha absolutely no love loss btw them. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Exactly. Idk you go to BC DBP games and you can see feel the animosity or whatever btw the players and even the fanbase. I personally dont get that sense at a BC SJR game. Now yeah the excitement is there when either team wins btw SJR and BC. But DBP BC to me at least is on a different level. Now also BC SPP ha absolutely no love loss btw them. 

to put this in perspective ....I would say the highest attendance at any BNU game was the 1999 SJR vs BC game at SJR....there were estimates from 12k 15k at this game....when SJR rolled BC and Matt Loveccio (QB)...  32 - 13   ..I was there....the place was insane....there has not a been a game like that since for any of these teams........

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

to put this in perspective ....I would say the highest attendance at any BNU game was the 1999 SJR vs BC game at SJR....there were estimates from 12k 15k at this game....when SJR rolled BC and Matt Loveccio (QB)...  32 - 13   ..I was there....the place was insane....there has not a been a game like that since for any of these teams........

I was in like 8th grade so I wasnt there. I can only speak to my experiences at the games. Sounds like i missed a lot of great sjr bc games

On 9/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, SJR89 said:

maybe you should ask BC football alums which is the most heated rivalry, which generates the most passion in the players.  In any sport for that matter.

• Like 1

It is a rivalry for St. Joe's not B.C. In 1965 in their first season B.C. beat Joe's 76-0, the worst loss in Joe's history & from that day on every player at Joe's is told how they must hate B.C.

Bosco & B.C. have been playing since 1958 & for the first 30 years (58-88) the game was played on Thanksgiving morning. I remember going to games in the '70s & early '80s & those games were wars with thousands of fans attending. The games were played on horrible fields with rocks all over either field. 

Joe's vs B.C. are great games but the dislike on B.C.'s side is not as great as it is when they play D.B. Same goes for Joe's vs D.B., great games with a lot of emotion but just not D.B. vs B.C.

That's the truth from a Bosco guy & if any B.C. guy want to chime in I'm sure they would say the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, prep82 said:

It is a rivalry for St. Joe's not B.C. In 1965 in their first season B.C. beat Joe's 76-0, the worst loss in Joe's history & from that day on every player at Joe's is told how they must hate B.C.

Bosco & B.C. have been playing since 1958 & for the first 30 years (58-88) the game was played on Thanksgiving morning. I remember going to games in the '70s & early '80s & those games were wars with thousands of fans attending. The games were played on horrible fields with rocks all over either field. 

Joe's vs B.C. are great games but the dislike on B.C.'s side is not as great as it is when they play D.B. Same goes for Joe's vs D.B., great games with a lot of emotion but just not D.B. vs B.C.

That's the truth from a Bosco guy & if any B.C. guy want to chime in I'm sure they would say the same.

for it be a rivalry you actually have to win.....winning 4 out of 28 does not constitute a rivalry.... that is an ass kicking ......When TK went to SJR that changed everything....from that point till Toal in '99....the game was SJR vs BC....and then it was Bosco kiiling everyone after........once again....the largest crowd ever to attend a single game was SJR vs BC in '99 at SJR........

35 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

for it be a rivalry you actually have to win.....winning 4 out of 28 does not constitute a rivalry.... that is an ass kicking ......When TK went to SJR that changed everything....from that point till Toal in '99....the game was SJR vs BC....and then it was Bosco kiiling everyone after........once again....the largest crowd ever to attend a single game was SJR vs BC in '99 at SJR........

You just don't understand because you went to Joe's. It's not just about football either, it's everything, from who has more National Merit Scholars to who wins in different sports to the better average PSAT & SAT scores.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1