Walk Away

concha

5 minutes ago, ohio said:

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe the criminally insane?  Suicidal ones?  Fanatic ones that are easily manipulated, like terrorists? Loony ones that shoot up schools?

You do know that almost every other country with lower crime and murder rates make you go through a rigorous mental exam before you are allowed to own a gun. It's just common sense.

Just because the Constitution makes no mention of who should or shouldn't be allowed to own firearms doesn't mean that there should be no such rules and guidelines.  So by your logic, should criminals be allowed to own guns?  Shouldn't murderers be allowed to own guns?  Shouldn't terrorists be allowed to own guns?  If not, wouldn't it violate their constitutional right?  

Who should own or not own guns is decided by society, not the constitution.

Besides, this isn't the point of this arguement.  The problem is that both political parties have gone off the deep end, and it seems that common sense has gone.

The constitution states what it states and it has been upheld. And no your wrong. The 2nd amendment is absolutely upheld by the constitution. That has been proven by the courts. The amendments mean exactly what they say. Actually yes if you take away someone constitutional right it would be unconstitutional. Yes I know we take guns away from murderers and such but you are taking away their rights at that point 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

The constitution states what it states and it has been upheld. And no your wrong. The 2nd amendment is absolutely upheld by the constitution. That has been proven by the courts. The amendments mean exactly what they say. Actually yes if you take away someone constitutional right it would be unconstitutional. Yes I know we take guns away from murderers and such but you are taking away their rights at that point 

No mention of our right to take guns away from murderers in the Constitution.  But common sense dictates that we should. 

image.jpeg.138b129916347f065e02a6f3bb2ae835.jpeg

Besides, that's not the point.  I'm pro gun rights and own two myself, but I want it more difficult for people who should not have guns to be not able to obtain guns.  Don't care if they are murderers, criminals, insane, or terrorists.  I don't want it to be easy for them to legally or illegaly obtain a gun.  Currently, its too easy for a criminal to get a gun.

Think about it.  Would you want to shot by some looney tune that just got out of a mental assylum just because of his constitutional right?

Just now, ohio said:

No mention of our right to take guns away from murderers in the Constitution.  But common sense dictates that we should. 

image.jpeg.138b129916347f065e02a6f3bb2ae835.jpeg

Besides, that's not the point.  I'm pro gun rights and own two myself, but I want it more difficult for people who should not have guns to be not able to obtain guns.  Don't care if they are murderers, criminals, insane, or terrorists.  I don't want it to be easy for them to legally or illegaly obtain a gun.  Currently, its too easy for a criminal to get a gun.

Think about it.  Would you want to shot by some looney tune that just got out of a mental assylum just because of his constitutional right?

The answer to your question is no but thats why we should all be packing at all times. If everyone carried you would end a shooting real quick. I believe the constitution as it is written. And as of right now every american citizen has their right to the 2nd amendment 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The answer to your question is no but thats why we should all be packing at all times. If everyone carried you would end a shooting real quick. I believe the constitution as it is written. And as of right now every american citizen has their right to the 2nd amendment 

I get your point.  Unfortunetly not every citizen is law abiding or responsible. 

Just now, ohio said:

I get your point.  Unfortunetly not every citizen is law abiding or responsible. 

I understand that. But that's also why I believe every state should have the death penalty. I understand I'm in the wrong generation and or time in this country but I have my beliefs and a lot of it does not agree with today's USA

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I understand that. But that's also why I believe every state should have the death penalty. I understand I'm in the wrong generation and or time in this country but I have my beliefs and a lot of it does not agree with today's USA

Fair enough.  Got to call it a night.