This is why you dont ask for more as an employee

HSFBfan

Amazon agrees to up the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour and to offset that workers have lost bonuses and stock awards. You didnt think by gaining something you weren't gonna lose something. Now is that 15 dollars an hour worth it when amazon stock is doing so well and how much in bonuses did they lose 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/04/business/amazon-minimum-wage-bonus/index.html

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Amazon agrees to up the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour and to offset that workers have lost bonuses and stock awards. You didnt think by gaining something you weren't gonna lose something. Now is that 15 dollars an hour worth it when amazon stock is doing so well and how much in bonuses did they lose 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/04/business/amazon-minimum-wage-bonus/index.html

Carry on being a slave. As for me, I don't need Amazon or any other employer for that matter. 

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Carry on being a slave. As for me, I don't need Amazon or any other employer for that matter. 

Slave in what way? I get my paycheck I get my benefits and I shut up about it. When you go asking for more you bet your gonna lose other things. You are not going to hurt a companies bottom line. Not sure why that is so complicated for people 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Slave in what way? I get my paycheck I get my benefits and I shut up about it. When you go asking for more you bet your gonna lose other things. You are not going to hurt a companies bottom line. Not sure why that is so complicated for people 

Like I said carry on being a slave. I have tried with you, but I discovered you can't teach stupid! 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Like I said carry on being a slave. I have tried with you, but I discovered you can't teach stupid! 

So your gonna argue and possibly lose your job or other perks of your job. Makes no sense. If said job is not paying enough you go find other employment. You are not going to ever hurt the companies bottom line. Why do you think less and less employers are giving benefits or you have to pay into them. It hurts the bottom line. Oh I'm not stupid. I ama realist and understand what is going on. So now these people will make 15 an hour which is less than 30k a year but no have stock options. Gotta wonder how much money they gave up 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

So your gonna argue and possibly lose your job or other perks of your job. Makes no sense. If said job is not paying enough you go find other employment. You are not going to ever hurt the companies bottom line. Why do you think less and less employers are giving benefits or you have to pay into them. It hurts the bottom line. Oh I'm not stupid. I ama realist and understand what is going on. So now these people will make 15 an hour which is less than 30k a year but no have stock options. Gotta wonder how much money they gave up 

Do you ever read anything but the headlines? Probably not. Hourly employees have not gotten Amazon options since before the company was private. What they did get were minimal amounts of restricted stock. Do you even know what restricted stock is? Don't answer for I know the answer.

It is not clear to me whether in aggregate employees will be better or worse off under the "NEW DEAL." My best guess is some will and others won't. In the meantime, Bezos can claim that he did better by his employees, thus scoring a public relations win. Seems very Trumpian to me. Carry on ...

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Do you ever read anything but the headlines? Probably not. Hourly employees have not gotten Amazon options since before the company was private. What they did get were minimal amounts of restricted stock. Do you even know what restricted stock is? Don't answer for I know the answer.

It is not clear to me whether in aggregate employees will be better or worse off under the "NEW DEAL." My best guess is some will and others won't. In the meantime, Bezos can claim that he did better by his employees, thus scoring a public relations win. Seems very Trumpian to me. Carry on ...

Idk bernie sanders loved it......so if bernie loves it isnt it a good thing..bernie said this was absolutely the right move for amazon. So let's see how much better off these people are. Making 28000 a year really isnt something to be excited about. I read the whole article buddy

Idk bernie sanders loved it......so if bernie loves it isnt it a good thing..bernie said this was absolutely the right move for amazon. So let's see how much better off these people are. Making 28000 a year really isnt something to be excited about. I read the whole article buddy

Don't buddy me. We  aren't size and company. You have no independent thought of your own. It does not matter whether you quote your savior Trump, or your enemy Sanders. It is always someone says.

Can you think for yourself? You damn well frustrate me!! 

And you are right about one thing: making $28 or $30k a year is not something to celebrate. In fact in your part of the USA it can't support an independent life. But as you say employers don't give a damn as long as they can find another desperate worker to take the job ... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Don't buddy me. We  aren't size and company. You have no independent thought of your own. It does not matter whether you quote your savior Trump, or your enemy Sanders. It is always someone says.

Can you think for yourself? You damn well frustrate me!! 

And you are right about one thing: making $28 or $30k a year is not something to celebrate. In fact in your part of the USA it can't support an independent life. But as you say employers don't give a damn as long as they can find another desperate worker to take the job ... 

As I say? No that's how the world turns. There is always another body that will replace you esp at that level. 

In what parts of America can you support an independent life on 28-30k?? I'm curious to know seriously 

Ohhh I have plenty of opinions. But most people will not agree so i dont bother. Doesnt make sense to start an argument 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

As I say? No that's how the world turns. There is always another body that will replace you esp at that level. 

In what parts of America can you support an independent life on 28-30k?? I'm curious to know seriously 

Like I said, carry on slave. You just prove my point. There is no context to anything you think or say for you are not read nor have you traveled outside your narrow circle. You see what you see and you think that's it to life. Had I been like you (thank God I am not), I would have died in a Kingston ghetto.  

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Like I said, carry on slave. You just prove my point. There is no context to anything you think or say for you are not read nor have you traveled outside your narrow circle. You see what you see and you think that's it to life. Had I been like you (thank God I am not), I would have died in a Kingston ghetto.  

Your not supposed to be at that level. Your not supposed to be making 28k a year. That's a bottom line job that people are treating like careers. Isnt that their fault. Why are in a situation where they want more from a bottom of the line career making nothing. If your better than that move on from that job and go make your money however much money you think you need but 28k a year is not it. If amazon increased wages to 20 an hour it still wouldn't be enough to make it worth it 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

That's a bottom line job that people are treating like careers. Isnt that their fault. Why are in a situation where they want more from a bottom of the line career making nothing. If your better than that move on from that job and go make your money however much money you think you need but 28k a year is not it.

Maybe you should try taking your own advice, then. Good luck finding a worthwhile job. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Trying. Thats why i went back to school

And what has it gotten you? The problem in the USA is that our standard of living has been debased by the fact US companies have exported their good paying jobs overseas and have eliminated others due to changes in technology. There used to be a time when an individual with limited intellectual capacity could earn a living to support himself, his wife and his kids. Those days are long gone. And you savior DJT has no intention of bringing back those jobs regardless of what you may think.

No, he will focus on the things he can accomplish without stepping on any toes. You know the wedge issues, such as race, geography, country of origin, yes, those. For he can find a convenient scapegoat to blame your woes on. Carry on ... 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

And what has it gotten you? The problem in the USA is that our standard of living has been debased by the fact US companies have exported their good paying jobs overseas and have eliminated others due to changes in technology. There used to be a time when an individual with limited intellectual capacity could earn a living to support himself, his wife and his kids. Those days are long gone. And you savior DJT has no intention of bringing back those jobs regardless of what you may think.

No, he will focus on the things he can accomplish without stepping on any toes. You know the wedge issues, such as race, geography, country of origin, yes, those. For he can find a convenient scapegoat to blame your woes on. Carry on ... 

It has gotten me a job that is making more 10k more than i was making earlier this year as entry level in the field.

400k jobs have been created. Manufacturing jobs are up. People have gone back to work. Less people on food stamps. Wages are up 3% and since I know you know the stock market millionaires are being made on it daily

It has gotten me a job that is making more 10k more than i was making earlier this year as entry level in the field.

400k jobs have been created. Manufacturing jobs are up. People have gone back to work. Less people on food stamps. Wages are up 3% and since I know you know the stock market millionaires are being made on it daily

And how much are you making, pray tell? And can you support yourself independently on it? At your age your parents probably already owned a house. How many of your generation can say the same? 

I won't even address your second paragraph which is just a list of Concha talking points. Carry on ... 

And how much are you making, pray tell? And can you support yourself independently on it? At your age your parents probably already owned a house. How many of your generation can say the same? 

I won't even address your second paragraph which is just a list of Concha talking points. Carry on ... 

My parents dont outright own the house yet. But of course thats not really your information.

If i didnt live in NY yea i probably could support myself on my salary.

And for the record, and you heard it hear first, the market has probably finally topped. More to come on an elaborate post after I complete my analysis. 

I read were looking at an 8% correction which means it goes down what 2000 points. So itll still be at 24k. Still a very good market

I read were looking at an 8% correction which means it goes down what 2000 points. So itll still be at 24k. Still a very good market

Again, that's my f**k*ng problem with you. You always parrot the opinions of others. Have you no informed, independent thought?

For the record, if this market has topped, which I suspect it has, the losses will not be 8% trust me on that. No, it will be more like 8% times a factor of at least 4 and probably much more. 

Again, that's my f**k*ng problem with you. You always parrot the opinions of others. Have you no informed, independent thought?

For the record, if this market has topped, which I suspect it has, the losses will not be 8% trust me on that. No, it will be more like 8% times a factor of at least 4 and probably much more. 

Why would I have an informed thought on the market.......i dont get paid to have one. People that write their opinions for publications do. Their opinion would mean a lot more than mine

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Why would I have an informed thought on the market.......i dont get paid to have one. People that write their opinions for publications do. Their opinion would mean a lot more than mine

Because, idiot, you live in a capitalist economy. Financial markets are the lifeblood of capitalist economies. And, by your own admission you readily acknowledge you have no knowledge of the market. And you expect to get ahead in this society?

LMFAO!!!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Because, idiot, you live in a capitalist economy. Financial markets are the lifeblood of capitalist economies. And, by your own admission you readily acknowledge you have no knowledge of the market. And you expect to get ahead in this society?

LMFAO!!!

But I have no money in it so idc its not affecting me at this time. Nothing I have is impacted by the market. For other people that have money tied up in it they are doing extremely well.  401ks and such are only going up. Other retirement is doing great. Millionaires are being made