Bishop Dunne vs St. Pius

G0LD$tandard

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

No body counts Lamar university as D1 for example

Do your research.  The governing body does...

Division I is subdivided based on football sponsorship. Schools that participate in bowl games belong to the Football Bowl Subdivision. Those that participate in the NCAA-run football championship belong to the Football Championship Subdivision. A third group doesn’t sponsor football at all. The subdivisions apply only to football; all other sports are considered simply Division I.

-ncaa.org

Free college is free college.  Dunne does a great job per capita!

9 minutes ago, G0LD$tandard said:

Do your research.  The governing body does...

Division I is subdivided based on football sponsorship. Schools that participate in bowl games belong to the Football Bowl Subdivision. Those that participate in the NCAA-run football championship belong to the Football Championship Subdivision. A third group doesn’t sponsor football at all. The subdivisions apply only to football; all other sports are considered simply Division I.

-ncaa.org

You have to understand what this is saying.  They key word for football is subdivision 

in Football it clearly showing 2 different levels.  Let me give you example

Stephen F Austin is FCS in Football as is all the schools in their conference. 

However,  all the other sports at SFA are Division 1 - for example the Basketball team if good enough or if they win the conference tournament would qualify for NCAA basketball tournament  

the final key words is “all other sports”

can you not get that concept.

i will assure you that Dunne has never had 17 D1 or combination of 17 FCs and FBS kids sign ships in the same year

247 Sports does not have all atheletes listed nor all offers of the athletes they have listed.  

Having RECENTLY been through the process with a couple more left, most of these boards are getting info from Twitter and sometimes the coaches dependent upon when they visits campus! Usually they writers are only talking to the same few players (4-5 stars).

D1...

If you read the NCAA definition, it says “Division I” is divided;  Regardless, if you are FCS or FBS for football you are D1.

17 Dunne football players signed LoI’s in ‘17. 

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Nobody on this website counts FCS scholarships as Div1 nor do recruiting web-sites when they count state totals of all Div 1 players signed

So if you had a kid and they received a football scholarship to Howard, you wouldn’t take it because it’s FCS?

BTW 247Sports Lists DI-FCS Schools:  Howard, Jackson State, and Texas A&M Commerce, Arkansas State on recruits offer lists.  See the pictures from a few Dunne Kids’ offers...

28D3B495-5E1D-48EA-BE30-C027A6C5F6BE.jpeg

C4C4744B-74AF-494B-8B44-9C60EF742B9B.jpeg

E5D53B9D-B1BD-4A15-B84E-234768E45C1D.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You have to understand what this is saying.  They key word for football is subdivision 

in Football it clearly showing 2 different levels.  Let me give you example

Stephen F Austin is FCS in Football as is all the schools in their conference. 

However,  all the other sports at SFA are Division 1 - for example the Basketball team if good enough or if they win the conference tournament would qualify for NCAA basketball tournament  

the final key words is “all other sports”

can you not get that concept.

i will assure you that Dunne has never had 17 D1 or combination of 17 FCs and FBS kids sign ships in the same year

The key phrase is “Division I”!

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Just to show you how incomplete these boards are:  The link shows 9 kids, one of the nine is listed twice and attends DeSoto not Dunne.  I am a bit closer to the situation.  The Internet is incomplete and sometimes “dead wrong”!

• Like 1

1. Scholarships

FBS teams are allowed 85. FCS teams are allowed 63, though some conferences allow fewer than that. The Ivy League, for example, doesn’t have athletic scholarships.

In FBS, every football scholarship is a full ride given to one player. In FCS, teams can split up the value of their 63 scholarships among up to 85 players, meaning some players have partial scholarships.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:33 AM, Texasball said:

Nobody on this website counts FCS scholarships as Div1 nor do recruiting web-sites when they count state totals of all Div 1 players signed

On 11/8/2018 at 7:42 PM, Texasball said:

1. Scholarships

FBS teams are allowed 85. FCS teams are allowed 63, though some conferences allow fewer than that. The Ivy League, for example, doesn’t have athletic scholarships.

In FBS, every football scholarship is a full ride given to one player. In FCS, teams can split up the value of their 63 scholarships among up to 85 players, meaning some players have partial scholarships.

Thanks for the posts which confirm my original posts. Dunne puts players in school with on D1 scholarships  per capita!

• 2 weeks later...