Bishop Dunne vs St. Pius

G0LD$tandard

1 hour ago, G0LD$tandard said:

Have you ever considered some parents prefer their kids attend the school of their choice? Private, Charter, etc.  Dunne is a choice,  not recruiting.  

If my kid can get a quality education and more “eyeballs” regarding his/her athletic talent I’ll put them where they’ll have the opportunity for the most success.

It’s the difference of going to Allen versus Preston Wood, JPII, or Jesuit.

Odessa versus Midland Christian.

Go where you can be seen over multiple years.

In some cases like minded parents do the same.  I get calls asking about Dunne from parents and when I provide my experience they normally make their inquiries and determine if it fits their situation for their kid and financially.  You keep throwing the pouching and recruiting card.  Speak let the globe know who was allegedly recruited.  Trust me Dunne doesn’t have that type of money to provide free rides.

Fallacy, “talented kids are going to be found no matter where they play”.  You have to be on the field to create tape.

Allen, Duncanville etc. has 6000+ kids.  11 start on offense, 11 on defense, I’ll give 22 more on special teams (not true) but for numbers sake there are second and in some cases third stringers who need to be seen to get an opportunity for scholarships.  Private schools also offer these opportunities.  Free education whether FCS, FBS, etc. provides opportunity!

Choice does t equal recruiting, it equals opportunity!

IMHO the Dunne program is truly lacking coaching and the ability to elevate the talent.

when the athletes are close to the same they will typically get beat.  Any parent who believes their is more eye balls on Dunne athletes is foolish.  

When it comes to coaching and athlete development  Dunne is way behind even vs the majority of teams they are playing.

1 hour ago, FloTex said:

I agree with much of that.  But these kids having multiple offers woulda got those offers at any public they are zoned too.  Public’s send way more kids to college than privates. Kids have much better coaching, training, facilities, competition, and community support at the public’s (of course you have inner city Dallas and Fkrt Worth that are the exception).  The Dunne’s of the world can’t touch the majority of public schools.

The UIL also creates a level playing field, and keeps the game pure by not allowing that these privates from doing what they do.

And I’m convinced some of these schools could care less about the academic side of school, and just want to create a Texas like IMG.

Because those schools will never be in the UIL, and legitimized, they will never be on that level.

In Texas the academic advantage does not hold water.  You are correct to believe your 2nd to the last paragraph.

2 hours ago, G0LD$tandard said:

Common opponent DeSoto.  Dunne faired way better; luckily the Jesuit DeSoto game was stopped b4 half (weather) or  it was about to get way out of hand.  Dallas Jesuit isn’t as talented. Don’t get confused because Jesuit is in UIL; kids live 20+ miles away and play for Jesuit.  They transfer in and have to play JV one year b4 varsity!  No real difference other than Jesuit has a ton more money and influence!

I would like to see Dunne play Jesuit.   

I would like to see Dunne play Desoto on Friday night instead of early afternoon game on Saturday.  Is Desoto on the schedule again next year?

On 10/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, Texasball said:

IMHO the Dunne program is truly lacking coaching and the ability to elevate the talent.

when the athletes are close to the same they will typically get beat.  Any parent who believes their is more eye balls on Dunne athletes is foolish.  

When it comes to coaching and athlete development  Dunne is way behind even vs the majority of teams they are playing.

@Texasball “Any parent who believes their is more eye balls on Dunne athletes is foolish.”  I can only tell you facts!  Try attending a Dunne Spring Practice, several days of double digit college coaches..  At least “20-30 eye balls”, “collegiate eye balls”, looking at your kid!

Facts aren’t foolish!

On 10/21/2018 at 8:04 PM, FloTex said:

I agree with much of that.  But these kids having multiple offers woulda got those offers at any public they are zoned too.  Public’s send way more kids to college than privates. Kids have much better coaching, training, facilities, competition, and community support at the public’s (of course you have inner city Dallas and Fkrt Worth that are the exception).  The Dunne’s of the world can’t touch the majority of public schools.

The UIL also creates a level playing field, and keeps the game pure by not allowing that these privates from doing what they do.

And I’m convinced some of these schools could care less about the academic side of school, and just want to create a Texas like IMG.

Because those schools will never be in the UIL, and legitimized, they will never be on that level.

@FloTex Ths is 2018, “UIL also creates a level playing field, and keeps the game pure”.  Schools in UIL created “Open Districts” which allows kids to transfer from any school enroll in a “special” program and play.  “Pure”?  Do you know the recent (2006+) basketball history of DFW?  Even in football, plenty suburban kids play in DISD; as well as, DISD kids play in the suburbs.  There is nothing pure in high school sports nor life that involves humans!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G0LD$tandard said:

@Texasball “Any parent who believes their is more eye balls on Dunne athletes is foolish.”  I can only tell you facts!  Try attending a Dunne Spring Practice, several days of double digit college coaches..  At least “20-30 eye balls”, “collegiate eye balls”, looking at your kid!

Facts aren’t foolish!

I have personally seen 15 college scouts at East Texas 4A practice in the middle of nowhere and the team had less talent than Dunne.

you should go to Desoto or Cedar Hill spring practice.

i was at inner city Ft worth ISD school who had one good wr prospect and there was dozen D1 coaches.

my point is the recruiters make their rounds - mark my words the same coach/recruiter that is stopping in at Dunne is also hitting the majority of the schools in the area.

if you can play they will visit

9 minutes ago, G0LD$tandard said:

What is exceptional is the number of coaches visiting and the number kids Dunne places in college per capita (300+ student high school)!

OMG - YOU ACTUALLY Believe this per capita Bull Shit you are vomiting.  Jesus dude - The school is in Dallas Texas and for some reason unknown to you--- Dunne started getting Top End talented transfers...I guess it was the damn academics at Dunne.  Truth be told if the recruits wanted the best private academic / Football experience in Dallas they would transfer to Jesuit or Lynch

Ask yourself this - Why has Dunne not always produced recruits like the have the past few years? 

Ask yourself -  Are we getting the most out of our talent?

Ask yourself -  How in the Hell did a team with all this talent lose vs Liberty Christian the first time last year?

Ask yourself - How many D1 recruits do we have that didn't transfer Jr and Sr year?

IMO - based on the talent level at the school the program is under performing.  They are not team building or making players better.  They are throwing shit to the wall and seeing what sticks.  

On 10/23/2018 at 12:01 AM, G0LD$tandard said:

Facts aren’t foolish!

College coaches will be where there is talent.  I’ve never stated Dunne wasn’t talented, it’s how all that talent ended up there.

I do believe, like TexasBall that Dunne isn’t very well coached, and I believe nearly all TAPPS schools are physically soft, weak in the trenches, and lack the family/community atmosphere that makes their public school counterparts much better.

And I’ll be honest, I’m not from the Inner City slums of some parts of Dallas and Fort Worth.  And I’m glad I’m not, and I’m glad my kid don’t have to attend those schools.  So from that standpoint, schools like Dunne, or Lynch are important.  

On 10/23/2018 at 9:14 PM, Texasball said:

2017 Desoto had 28 kids sign LOi to play football somewhere- I would say that’s pretty good per capita based on staters lol

Which is greater7/350 Or 28/3035 ?

HINT: One is 20 times greater than the other;  

Simple math, per capita Dunne Football was 20 times better in kids signing LOIs in 2018.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G0LD$tandard said:

Which is greater7/350 Or 28/3035 ?

HINT: One is 20 times greater than the other;  

Simple math, per capita Dunne Football was 20 times better in kids signing LOIs in 2018.

Not true but I get your point.  I am sure the over 1700 girls at Desoto  are non  playing Football students and no Freshmen - Jr boys are eligible to sign.  So the only true stat is Desoto signed 20 kids off their Varsity roster and only the Sr. Players are eligible.  So actually Desoto per Capita is far ahead of Dunne and most others . 😎

On 10/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, FloTex said:

I will say TAPPS is better than they ever have been, and has closed the door slightly on the UIL teams, although they still have a country mile to go.

But I’ll contest the sole reason they have closed the gap, is recruiting.  Poaching talent that has for the most part been developed.

I still believe both Jesuit schools are better than any TAPPS program.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, Texasball said:

On 10/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, Texasball said:

Private Schools across the state produced 24 D1 recruits in 2018

13 total kids in 2017  and Dunne had 3 of them on one team.

You might want to check your source(s); your numbers are wrong. Check Dunne’s National Signing Day pictures (above) within this thread, definitely more than 3 in ‘16 and ‘17.

Dunne had 17 in ‘16 only 11 pictured as the other 6 signed later.

3 minutes ago, G0LD$tandard said:

You might want to check your source(s); your numbers are wrong. Check Dunne’s National Signing Day pictures (above) within this thread, definitely more than 3 in ‘16 and ‘17.

Dunne had 17 in ‘16 only 11 pictured as the other 6 signed later.

D1 recruits 

they didn’t have that many in 3 years

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

D1 recruits 

they didn’t have that many in 3 years

Look at the pictures! I give you the facts.  One is from ‘16 the other is from ‘17. I can add ‘14 and ‘15 if you’d like!

ESPN broadcasted from Dunne in ‘16 on National Signing Day!

https://www.bdcs.org/news/national-signing-day-2017