Bishop Dunne vs St. Pius

G0LD$tandard

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Coulda watched on ESPNU and saved the 3 hour drive. 

I've been following there along and along. 

Sort of a boring game a little. I'd almost rather read BellyBob and Tesseract go back and forth over what the prepzone stream is doing in the SJB vs. OLU game. xD

What about me?  I was contributing too 

#norespect

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

These teams are long ways from being 6A elite.

And hopefully never will be.  They lack coaching, facilities, community support, and toughness.  The only thing they have going for them is recruiting kids, and non existent transfer rules.  TAPPS teams are usually weak in the lines, and lack physicality.  I’m not a fan of TAPPS, or any other recruited up, private school crap.

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

These teams are long ways from being 6A elite.

I certainly hope so. This is the first Texas Hsfb I had the opportunity to watch this year, and, it wasn't all that pretty. 

Some yahoo, that doesn't know, may watch that game and conflate it with Texas ball as a whole. 

You guys really should work to get some of your "real" ball streamed or televised. Just sayin'.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I certainly hope so. This is the first Texas Hsfb I had the opportunity to watch this year, and, it wasn't all that pretty. 

Some yahoo, that doesn't know, may watch that game and conflate it with Texas ball as a whole. 

You guys really should work to get some of your "real" ball streamed or televised. Just sayin'.

I’m glad you have enough sense to come to that conclusion.  Many people don’t.  There has never been a TAPPS team in Texas in the top 25, maybe top 40.  And I hope the private schools don’t become a SJB, IMG, or MD!  I have confidence the THSCA will never let that happen, by giving them credibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloTex said:

I’m glad you have enough sense to come to that conclusion.  Many people don’t.  There has never been a TAPPS team in Texas in the top 25, maybe top 40.  And I hope the private schools don’t become a SJB, IMG, or MD!  I have confidence the THSCA will never let that happen, by giving them credibility.

This I know. I've been reading along with you guys this year. There usually isn't much opening for OOS'ers to get involved in the conversations these days, primarily because there isn't much Texas ball that we can watch so we can have any education to discuss.

I have noticed a lot of fuss about TAPPS trying to rise up. I assume with Deion and star power they could make some gains. Looks to me that they have as far to go as private school ball in Georgia does. A looong ass ways.

13 minutes ago, G0LD$tandard said:

Big Picture...  

Help players advance their lives by obtaining “free” college tuition!  

Bishop Dunne and Pius are leading the way per capita!

Per capita is a joke when you cherry pick your roster.  They should be leading!  And they still can’t compete with the big boys in Texas.

The big picture for most programs and communities is winning a district title, and ultimately a state title.  Personal accolades and college takes back seat to that.

7 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Per capita is a joke when you cherry pick your roster.  They should be leading!  And they still can’t compete with the big boys in Texas.

The big picture for most programs and communities is winning a district title, and ultimately a state title.  Personal accolades and college takes back seat to that.

I was gonna ask how many kids on those two teams started the 8th grade on those teams, but, we've had this debate so many times that it is painful to keep wading through it. 

It's never bad for a kid to get free college. Never. 

If your school is poaching talent from public schools and then claiming they're getting them into college, the chest beating about it is just sad. I mean that in the nicest possible way. It makes me sad to see guys hyping these teams as if they've done something. I feel sad for the guy doing the hyping that he thinks they're really doing something by assembling a roster of kids that were going to go to college either way, then claiming that the school that poached them got them into college. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, G0LD$tandard said:

3 hour drive to watch Bishop Dunne not throw to the #9 Tight End in the nation against Cover 2.

BASICS.

I watched this shit on the flat screen! And DAYUM boys, THIS was supposed to be a NATIONAL GAME? I thought for a second there, that I was watching the NFL Falcons, instead of the High shool ones! And THAT boys, is NOT a GOOD thing!xD

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Blessed Trinity's profile is increasing each season in GA. As is BL, BD, PC, SP and TC in TX. The best is yet to come. 

Their profile is increasing every season, because they use the Buford mindset of the past two decades. That of talking the talk, without having to walk da WALK! Buford's finding OUT NOW, how the BIG DOGS ROAR in JAWJA! Archer 48 Buford 24, with one of Buford's most talented teams EVER!