Under the brightest of lights, Aquinas failed

badrouter

to deliver a running clock to its fans. Please. On the verge of a championship is when one must be at their best. Aquinas, in a state semifinal, could not deliver a running clock to its loyal fans. This against a team that lost on its home field by 22 points to Vero Beach. What does it all mean? Aquinas plays Lakeland next. We know what it means. Please. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bet STA homers will claim that they blew Venice out last night 

When they won by 20

Yet will claim Miami Central didn't blow STA out when they played.... Miami Central won by 16

Guess 4 points makes difference between what a blowout is or isn't 😂 

They failed to deliver a running clock. This means they did not dominate. Their loyal fans were forced to sit through a full football game.We know exactly what this means.

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lakeland hasn’t had a marquee win since DLS in 2009.  If they win next week you can play the Welcome Back Kotter theme song or the Jeffersons.   

STA will have to clean up the penalty shit.  It was brutal last night.   150 yards easy.  

Will STA be missing any coaches for next week game?  I heard they had several unsportsmanlike penalties called on coaches last night 

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lakeland hasn’t had a marquee win since DLS in 2009.  If they win next week you can play the Welcome Back Kotter theme song or the Jeffersons.   

STA will have to clean up the penalty shit.  It was brutal last night.   150 yards easy.  

You are absolutely correct. None of the 14 wins this season are marquee. We know this because each of the teams Lakeland beat lost to Lakeland.

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

They have beaten Apopka back to back years but they aren't marquee? 

Apopka one of best run programs in all of FL every year but they aren't good?? 

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They have beaten Apopka back to back years but they aren't marquee? 

Apopka one of best run programs in all of FL every year but they aren't good?? 

I think he/she meant Plant and state semifinalist Edgewater. Those teams aren't marquee. They both lost to Lakeland by 3+ scores. So they're not marquee.

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Will STA be missing any coaches for next week game?  I heard they had several unsportsmanlike penalties called on coaches last night 

No clue but wow they were sloppy at times last night.   DB’s especially.   I’d like to see a stat of penalties officially.  One article had it in the 150 range and another 190 range.   I went to bed with pass interference ringing in my ears. :) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

No clue but wow they were sloppy at times last night.   DB’s especially.   I’d like to see a stat of penalties officially.  One article had it in the 150 range and another 190 range.   I went to bed with pass interference ringing in my ears. :) 

Did the coaches get flagged last night?

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I don't even know what that means.

CalPreps has Lakeland 40th Massey 25th currently.  The Rodney Dangerfield act is over.  Lakeland has arrived per Spock.  Good luck next week.  Wish it was Columbia lol but Lakeland is very cool to have back.  Can you share any good game footage of last few weeks?   I’d like to watch thx.  YouTube maybe full games? 

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

CalPreps has Lakeland 40th Massey 25th currently.  The Rodney Dangerfield act is over.  Lakeland has arrived per Spock.  Good luck next week.  Wish it was Columbia lol but Lakeland is very cool to have back.  Can you share any good game footage of last few weeks?   I’d like to watch thx.  YouTube maybe full games? 

Who/What is Spock?

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lakeland youtube channel has the games including the one from last night 

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I could see STA was sweatin hard only up 38-6 deep in the 4th Q!  

I was only pissed due to CP differential dropping.  😂   They had subs revolving in for the 38-12 TD.  Onside kick and penalties got them deep in a hurry and Venice scored on the starters.  Both 2 pt conversion tries failed.   Venice is well coached but this was not Venice 2017 and STA’s QB is not a liability.  

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPeTJ_ysaNZbpbr5TqrjNoQ

Once you watch any length of the video you will have officially seen more football of 7a teams than Los has all year 

Massey ratings currently has Lakeland rated 25th in the country...  so there doesn't appear to be a bias.    

National strength of schedule rating (highest rated opponent win)

2010:  814  (542 Fleming Island)

2011:  2079  (1514)   fast forward

2012:  2575  (2575)   fast forward

2013:  1766  (1840)   fast forward

2014:  3344  (1852)   fast forward 

2015:  1281  (1320 Plant... the Colquitt County 42-8,  Armwood 21-3 Plant that had no quality wins that year)

2016:  642    (901 Winterhaven)

2017:  709    (542 Apopka, who also lost to West Orange, Wekiva and Winter Park... but did beat 8A champ Dr. Phillips)...    I'll give that a quality win, first one since 2009.  

2018:  666    (Plant, who's best win was a close loss to Armwood and Edgewater, who's best win was Robert E Lee)

2 Plant wins from 2015 on,  Apopka (8-4 2nd round playoff loss)and Edgewater...  in the last 9 years as the quality (Marqee) program wins.   

No wonder this she or he Lakeland fan is excited this season.   Who wouldn't be with this resume the last 9 years.