South Oak Cliff had a whopping 24 seniors sign a letter of intent

17 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

yes... that was a surprise

as a Texan i'll admit that was bad any way you chop it

STILL... Aledo was not a top team in Texas.. they werent even the best 5a team at the time

I'm sorry? Of the final 4 teams in 5A in 2014, Aledo beat 2 of them that year. Comparing head to head with the other champion that year, Aledo beat Cedar Park 21-17 while Ennis won 38-35, and Aledo beat John Tyler 44-14 while Ennis beat them 30-27. The team Aledo beat in the state final was a stout Temple team that's only other loss was by 1 point to Austin Westlake and was returning a lot of talent from a team that lost a close one to eventual state champion Cedar Hill in the 6A, then 5A, D2 playoffs 39-35 the previous year. That's not to mention that they had 500 more kids than us in their enrollment numbers.

I won't argue Aledo was a top team, they would have struggled against the better 6A teams, but I'm not sure why you'd say they weren't the best 5A squad so definitively. There was only 1 team that you could argue they weren't better than and the common opponent performances isn't favorable for them.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, A-Town said:

There was only 1 team that you could argue they weren't better than and the common opponent performances isn't favorable for them.

i agree..

I was actually referencing Guyer as the better team , but i'd forgotten they moved up to 6a that season though

But more than anything, I was just stretching a point for the sake of the Cali/ Texas debate.. so there

• Haha 1