South Oak Cliff had a whopping 24 seniors sign a letter of intent

What's crazy is when you consider only 11 can play at a time and nearly half of those were Sophmores and Juniors

South Oak Cliff is proving athletes can still get exposure at inner city schools with the right program.

Shout out to the Head Coach Todd and Athletic director James Mays ...as well as the OUTSTANDING recruiting director Coach Traylor!

SOC is still Grand and we're not going anywhere!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Something doesn't add up...24 seniors signed to play in college from a team ranked #36 in Texas and # 303 in the country (per MaxPreps)? How do you not win a state championship and be ranked much higher with all that talent?

Texas is pretty deep but i cant see 35 teams better than SOC this year

SOC lost to the eventual State Champ Aledo and the refs in that game were worse than RAMS/SAINTS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

NOT POSSIBLE.

it is... we were about to storm the field at one point .. the refs didnt gaf

lightning probably saved the refs ass that night ...

weird game that was delayed about two hours... they made an announcement that it would resume the next day...

next morning we find out the game ended at one and Aledo won

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

SOC lost to the eventual State Champ Aledo in and the refs in that game were worse than RAMS/SAINTS

SOC gave Aledo one of their best games.  They are getting closer to a title.  Maybe this year will be the year 

19 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

i dont.... trying to get a listing

Either way, very impressive that 24 kids get to have their schooling paid for and get to continue playing football.  Mad props there.  Curious question.  Do all the kids have to pass the clearing house before signing an LOI?  Or can they sign and then have till the end of the school year to be cleared?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

it is... we were about to storm the field at one point .. the refs didnt gaf

lightning probably saved the refs ass that night ...

weird game that was delayed about two hours... they made an announcement that it would resume the next day...

next morning we find out the game ended at one and Aledo one

Wait what?  

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Wait what?  

Right... we woke up to find out the game had concluded at 1am...

I heard a recap on Aledo radio the next morning insinuating SOC’s side had abandoned them while Aledo’s side stuck it out

I have no idea how Aledo fans knew to stay when it was announced the game would resume at 11am the next morning...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

SOC gave Aledo one of their best games.  They are getting closer to a title.  Maybe this year will be the year 

Man I hope so... EXCITED about the QB , RB AND WR... they are going to be fun to watch ... not to mention the twin linebackers on defense who’s dad played in the nfl... and that superstar corner returning... they all have two more years left except that Wr

I can't believe some of the stuff I heard that the SOC coaches were doing during the game and during the delay.

Literally went into stands and asked the black parents how much Aledo was paying them to play there.  According to my source this was Head Football Coach who did this!

Apparently every time one of the black kids from Aledo went out of bounds on the Soc sideline - They would talk shit about them playing for all white school. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

SOC lost to the eventual State Champ Aledo in and the refs in that game were worse than RAMS/SAINTS

Must be the same refs who do the Midway games....they get screwed every game too.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Right... we woke up to find out the game had concluded at 1am...

I heard a recap on Aledo radio the next morning insinuating SOC’s side had abandoned them while Aledo’s side stuck it out

I have no idea how Aledo fans knew to stay when it was announced the game would resume at 11am the next morning...

Dude that's crazy.  I would have been pissed if I was an SOC fan. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

I can't believe some of the stuff I heard that the SOC coaches were doing during the game and during the delay.

Literally went into stands and asked the black parents how much Aledo was paying them to play there.  According to my source this was Head Football Coach who did this!

Apparently every time one of the black kids from Aledo went out of bounds on the Soc sideline - They would talk shit about them playing for all white school. 

This really happened?  Don't the kids have to live in the district to play at a Aledo or SOC?  

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

lol.....wow

that's absurd

Coach Todd is an amazing person... and to even tell that type of lie on that type of person lets you know just how twisted some of those folks are.

what IS true is that the SOC PLAYERS were going at the two Aledo black kids for playing at an all white school.. particularly because there was supposedly video of some white Aledo kid bragging that his dad was a cop and how he was anti BLM....

suggesting Todd would ever get into this childish bs is laughable ....for adults to let their imagination get the best of them and make up asinine bs jprobably means that they felt a bit guilty for the obvious referee bias...

they need something just as drastic to match that atrocity

Aledo was exposed

14 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

This really happened?  Don't the kids have to live in the district to play at a Aledo or SOC?  

i can guarantee that never happened... rural texans can be a very ignorant imaginative bunch at times

Aledo does manage to get one or two black kids year in and year out that happen to be absolute stars on their team...

As far as SOC, you have to live in their district to play sports

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

rural texans can be a very ignorant imaginative bunch at times

7 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

particularly because there was supposedly video of some white Aledo kid bragging that his dad was a cop and how he was anti BLM....

Goes both ways, I guess.

Fact is, a good team lost to the state champs. It happens. I'm not sure why you feel the need to belittle a community and their kids' accomplishments. I guess everyone has excuses. Just be proud of what your kids accomplished instead of tearing down others.

6 hours ago, A-Town said:

Goes both ways, I guess.

Fact is, a good team lost to the state champs. It happens. I'm not sure why you feel the need to belittle a community and their kids' accomplishments. I guess everyone has excuses. Just be proud of what your kids accomplished instead of tearing down others.

That had nothing at all to do with the kids... HUGE fan of Aledo.... community and the football team 

My comment was for whatever ‘adult’ idiot accused SOC’s coach of actually going into the stands and denigrating Aledo parents .... that was just  a stupid lie

My problem was with the refs, you can call that making excuses if you like but I agree Aledo kids deserved everything they achieved 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

That had nothing at all to do with the kids... HUGE fan of Aledo.... community and the football team 

My comment was for whatever ‘adult’ idiot accused SOC’s coach of actually going into the stands and denigrating Aledo parents .... that was just  a stupid lie

My problem was with the refs, you can call that making excuses if you like but I agree Aledo kids deserved everything they achieved 

For what it's worth, I'd not heard anyone say anything like that about Todd from our side before. At worse I heard people complaining at the game about him running onto the field since it's against the rules, but that's at worse a sign of how passionate he is for his kids, hardly anything malicious. Ultimately, some things were said and done, but nobody was hurt by it so there's no sense dwelling on it in my opinion. Kids do stupid things, we can only hope they learn from it moving forward.

Congrats to your boys going on to play at the next level, a lot of us were impressed by how talented your team was from top to bottom, but it still came as a surprise hearing just how many on your defense were selected for All State. Certainly the most loaded team we played this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 12:58 AM, Texasball said:

Only in SOC where they kill white folks, bury them; then dig 'em up to kill 'em again.

Least that's what my SOC teammates told me in JUCO...

I stand behind my team mates.

BGW

• Haha 3