Damn Zion Williamson....

954gator

I said this on twitter and I'll repeat it here, for fun.

I surely hope Zion’s injury isn’t at all serious or long term and assuming that it’s not, I’ll tongue-in-cheek say that missing the game tonight is karma for choosing the bad guys over UNC. 😁

As an avid UNC basketball fan, I'm sure it's not surprising to hear that ;)

I'll also take the opportunity to point out the difference in class between Coach K and Coach Williams by posting the tweet below (not my tweet but one I saw). He's a tremendous coach and recruiter, of course, but he often does these kinds of things that tend to get overlooked. I was also disappointed in his press conference where he didn't give much credit to the Tar Heels but rather excused the home loss on Zion's injury and not being prepared for it.

First off, shouldn't one of the greatest coaches in history be able to make adjustments on the fly regardless of the situation? I mean, players often get into foul trouble or foul out completely or get ejected or suffer injury. A coach's job is to make due and adjust.

Secondly, doesn't Duke have 5 All-Americans on that team? Losing a player like Zion Williamson would hurt any team quite badly, but doesn't Duke have the coach and all-star roster most capable of being able to handle and overcome it? If they don't who does??

I know I'm a biased UNC fan, but you can't convince me that Roy Williams doesn't do more with less and isn't a better builder of a 'team'. Sure, UNC is a basketball power too and they get loads of talent. No argument there. But they aren't landing the one and done 5 star recruits the same as Duke and Kentucky yet they've still won 3 Natty titles the past 14 years. And UNC's roster this season doesn't compare to Duke's in terms of recruiting ratings. But I digress....