Meanwhile: STA, FL Marlon Martinez commits to LSU.

RedZone

You can never have enough OL depth......especially in the SEC. Those guys get banged up every week.

Nice to tap into some of that STA talent.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Marlon-Martinez-LSU-football-recruiting-commitment-story-highlights-132306045/

2020 Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas offensive lineman Marlon Martinez announced his commitment to LSU and broke it down with 247Sports recruiting analyst John Garcia, Jr. The 6-5, 287-pound lineman committed to the Tigers over Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, Vanderbilt and others.

"LSU is a good school that really reminds me of St. Thomas in the way that they have a real good tradition. They win. That's what they do," Martinez told Garcia. "They've shown me a lot of love throughout my whole recruiting process starting from my sophomore year. For me, I really appreciate that about LSU."

LSU sees Martinez as a piece that can play tackle, but also potentially slide inside at the next level. Offensive line coach James Cregg developed a strong bond with the Florida prospect and he sees someone special.

LSU is also in the running for 4* OL Marcus Dumervil from STA....

https://247sports.com/player/marcus-dumervil-45572748/

Martinez’s high school teammate, coveted offensive tackle Marcus Dumervil (6-5, 300), visited LSU on April 5 as Cregg is also in on his recruitment. Dumervil has LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State and Louisville as his current top five but he is a a very high priority for LSU’s 2020 recruiting class. Plus, he is on campus this weekend as an official visit with his family.

11 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Seems like his players enjoy going out there for him every Saturday as well.  

I had my doubts about recruiting. We had the #5 rated class last year and are currently #3 in team recruiting this year and bringing in some national talent. Can't complain about recruiting last couple of seasons. Just have to mold it into big wins.

xD