DeMatha’s Marshawn Lloyd Commits to....

BigDrop

I believe for his senior year at DeMatha the line that he will be running behind has a Penn State commit, a MD commit and several more with major Division one offers on the table:   Andrew Allmond and Declan Vargas have offers from Penn State, MD and Boston College among others.  All four of these linemen are 6’2”-6’5” and 280 to 325.

And there are several more I am leaving out.

This is going to be an interesting year.  If DM’s QB transfer lives up to his potential this could be a devastating team.

It is now time to buy an airline ticket to see DeMatha and St. John Bosco play in person. DeMatha’s #12 ranking in MaxPreps may be too low.  We’ll find out in less than three months.

Marshawn Lloyd has a helluva line to run behind....

21 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I believe for his senior year at DeMatha the line that he will be running behind has a Penn State commit, a MD commit and several more with major Division one offers on the table:   Andrew Allmond and Declan Vargas have offers from Penn State, MD and Boston College among others.  All four of these linemen are 6’2”-6’5” and 280 to 325.

And there are several more I am leaving out.

This is going to be an interesting year.  If DM’s QB transfer lives up to his potential this could be a devastating team.

Allmond and Vargas graduated. Declan Vargas is heading to UPenn. 

DeMatha’s OL for this season will include seniors, Jordan White(Maryland commit), Golden Achumba(Penn State commit), and Dwayne Allick Jr.(LSU, Florida, BC, etc.. offers). They will also have a few young OL’s who will gain offers as the year goes on. 

They may be more talented on the DL. We’ll see.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

With Lloyd off the table now....

UGA has put all its eggs in the Kendall Milton & Zachary Evans baskets.

If that fails... I guess Tank Bigsby is the next play.

If UGA got both Milton & Evans... Wow, watch out.

USC is sneakily putting together a good class this year. I think they have only 7 commits so far and they’re ranked #17 for this class. The other SEC’s have double that total number. 

The WCAC is sharing the wealth in the SEC this year with Jarrett(SJC) picking LSU, Sherman(SJC) picking Georgia and Lloyd(DM) picking South Carolina. I’m curious to see where the 4* DL Izzard from DeMatha goes.

52 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

USC is sneakily putting together a good class this year. I think they have only 7 commits so far and they’re ranked #17 for this class. The other SEC’s have double that total number. 

The WCAC is sharing the wealth in the SEC this year with Jarrett(SJC) picking LSU, Sherman(SJC) picking Georgia and Lloyd(DM) picking South Carolina. I’m curious to see where the 4* DL Izzard from DeMatha goes.

Technically Georgia only has 10 commits, they are #5 nationally & have the 2nd highest rating per commit behind only Clemson.

Curious to see if Lloyd sticks with South Carolina. If UGA missed on both the 5* RBs they are targeting, Im sure theyll refocus on Lloyd.

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

DeMatha’s OL for this season will include seniors, Jordan White(Maryland commit), Golden Achumba(Penn State commit), and Dwayne Allick Jr.(LSU, Florida, BC, etc.. offers). They will also have a few young OL’s who will gain offers as the year goes on. 

Ouch!  My research isn’t what it used to be...

Humble apologies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

How do you see this year's Dematha OL as compared to last year's OL? As good, better or not as good? I know it's just a hunch at this point.

54 minutes ago, badrouter said:

How do you see this year's Dematha OL as compared to last year's OL? As good, better or not as good? I know it's just a hunch at this point.

I’d say much better. DM lost their best OL in Jordan White( Maryland) last year for the season which hurt up front. He’s back. Achumba(Penn St.) has focused on OL this offseason and will be at The Opening. As a unit, DM returns the entire starting OL from the WCAC championship game. DeMatha’s best teams historically are fueled by the glue guys on the OL that may not have the offers/size, but have played in the system for a couple of years. This year they have a handful of those also. 

DeMatha is going to be interesting this season with the new coaching staff and QB. They’re very talented everywhere else, and that’s about all I can say right now. 

• Like 3