Faith Lutheran (NV) vs Valor Christian (CO) and St Pius X (TX)

TheRealCAJ

On 4/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, TheRealCAJ said:

I believe Valor Christian vs St Pius X might be the better game.

You never know though.

I'm not as up on the high school kids as I once was, but here is a little idea of what Valor lost/has:

Lost

Dylan McCaffrey (QB) Michigan (dad played in NF; brother Max was on Green Bay's active roster for their playoff game against Atlanta; brother Christian slated to be a 1st round pick this year)

Noah Ellis (DT, 6'5", 330) Mississippi State (dad, big Luther Ellis, was a 1st round draft pick from rural Colorado who played 8 years in the NFL)

Christian Ellis (DB, 6'2", 200) Idaho (Noah's adopted brother)

Will Rodgers (DE, 6'5", 230) Washington State (great grandad, Will Rogers, was a Vaudeville and cowboy movie star)   OK, just kidding

Coming back

Blake Stenstrom (QB, 2018) Committed to Colorado (has played very little behind Dylan McCaffrey, but has athletic genes from his dad, Steve Stenstrom, who QB'd at Stanford and in the NFL)

Luke McCaffrey (QB/Slot Receiver, 2019) Offers from a number of schools, including UCLA, Michigan, Colorado (although he grew up a QB, he was used much more on the outside, getting the ball and making plays; pretty talented family)

Joshia Davis (RB/WR, 2019) Has started varsity his freshman and sophomore years at RB (no offers)

I have no idea what they have on their lines, but they seem to have their work cut out for them. But they also seem to get the legacy-type kids showing up on their roster (Brian Dawkins' son was there, Jack Del Rio's son was there, etc.), so who knows what they have in the cupboard.

47 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Is there any other Colorado team besides Valor who can compete on a national level? 

Mullen, Cherry Creek, and Regis, especially when Max was leading them, have all been consensus too 25 teams at some point 

in a typical year, is think CO might have one legit team in top 100, another in 2nd hundred, another in 3rd, etc

is better than most of you guys think but probably behind CA, AZ, WA out west and is a bit deeper than UT and HI, maybe comparable to (but imho a bit better than) OR

• Like 1