OT: Youth Camps

GloryDays

9 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

I have a feeling some folks on this board will need a handful of Tums, but I like this Telvin Smith guy.

Sorry Rufus, he's from Lowndes, and he's doing right.

http://deadspin.com/jaguars-telvin-smith-on-nfl-players-who-charge-fees-to-1794315699

Glory,

Just read this less than 5 ago and was going to start a new thread. But alas there was a smarter man out there just ahead of me (my life story).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GloryDays said:

Telvin Smith

Sorry Rufus, he's from Lowndes, and he's doing right.

http://deadspin.com/jaguars-telvin-smith-on-nfl-players-who-charge-fees-to-1794315699

You have to add the context Glory... The only reason he is doing right is because in 2010 he took a monster hit from a Packer RB and that collision rang his bell and he saw the light. Ever since, he has been a pretty decent fella. 

xD

On a serious note, cool post. I agree with him that those that have much shouldn't take advantage like that. 

• Like 1

This thread might get a number of different perspectives from around the country.

AZ - Jimbo - the kids get trophies...pussification of our country continues

GA - rabid - thumbs up to Telvin on his instagram or tweet, exhibiting a command of punctuation and the English LANGUAGE!!!

NJ - noone - something or another about GA football being overrated, and then a comment about "want"

CA - DLSPop 

• the article mentions he does not charge for 1-day camps, and was not referring to "intensive multi-day camps"
  • grown ups are in charge of multi-day camps
  • making money is a very good thing

LA - caj - the kids get shirts? who needs shirts?

• Like 5