Ranking HSFB teams by D1 offers...

954gator

So I recently stumbled upon this sweet recruiting website (thx Horsefly) that is MUCH easier than the rest when looking up specific players/teams.  Anyways they also rank HSFB teams by a bunch of different sortable data.     You can sort teams by state, city, etc..so it's pretty useful.  

Obviously this list isn't static and will change as we get closer to football season.

http://www.rankbyoffers.com/hsfbranking/ 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So I recently stumbled upon this sweet recruiting website (thx Horsefly) that is MUCH easier than the rest when looking up specific players/teams.  Anyways they also rank HSFB teams by a bunch of different sortable data.     You can sort teams by state, city, etc..so it's pretty useful.  

Obviously this list isn't static and will change as we get closer to football season.

The most talented team doesn't always prevail! Take 1994 Southwest Dekalb versus Valdosta! On paper SWD BLOWS them away! Long story short, Valdosta prevailed, 40-37! SWD had 30 scholie offers to Valdosta's ONE!

ALSO, 1991 saw Colquitt a 30 point underhog to future National Champion La Grange! And Colquitt dominated the contest, until a last second forty yd. FG for the Grangers, winning the State Championship 17-16! Colquitt had been intercepted in the end zone and fumbled at the six, on previous drives, not to mention Colquitt's main receiver going down with a broken leg shortly after the second half kickoff! ALL this, to give the Grangers the win and the national title!

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

One common denominator in the TOP TWENTY FIVE is! That most are either private or had significant transfer activity in 2016! These stats don't mean SPIT to REAL HIGH SCHOOL fans!

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

The most talented team doesn't always prevail! Take 1994 Southwest Dekalb versus Valdosta! On paper SWD BLOWS them away! Long story short, Valdosta prevailed, 40-37! SWD had 30 scholie offers to Valdosta's ONE!

ALSO, 1991 saw Colquitt a 30 point underhog to future National Champion La Grange! And Colquitt dominated the contest, until a last second forty yd. FG for the Grangers, winning the State Championship 17-16! Colquitt had been intercepted in the end zone and fumbled at the six, on previous drives, not to mention Colquitt's main receiver going down with a broken leg shortly after the second half kickoff! ALL this, to give the Grangers the win and the national title!

Well of course not, but it's still a good reference.   And I'd also say, the best Colquitt teams I've seen have been the one's with a bunch of D1 athletes.  Just sayin.  

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Well of course not, but it's still a good reference.   And I'd also say, the best Colquitt teams I've seen have been the one's with a bunch of D1 athletes.  Just sayin.  

WHAT'S a BUNCH? The best player we had on the national championship team, plays for Middle Tennessee State! Other than HIM, we had one who signed with Tennessee, one with South Carolina, one with Arkansas, one who received an appointment to the Naval Academy, and one with Indiana! Other than THAT, they were either preferred walk ons or DII caliber players!

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WHAT'S a BUNCH? The best player we had on the national championship team, plays for Middle Tennessee State! Other than HIM, we had one who signed with Tennessee, one with South Carolina, one with Arkansas, one who received an appointment to the Naval Academy, and one with Indiana! Other than THAT, they were either preferred walk ons of DII caliber players!

Well for example the 2015 Colquitt team had 8 D1s just in the class of 2016 (3 of those were SEC kids). 

So it's safe to say those Colquitt County teams of 2014 and 2015 had 10+ easily on the team. 

54 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

I think Columbia played valdosta  either that year or year before

We managed to snag a 6-0 win in a tough game 

Wish we would play valdosta more,  i enjoyed those old border wars

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Also it not up to date on Columbia offers or any bc last update was August of last year 

Nice site idea but whoever runs it needs to update it and probably get improvement on the data ? 

I think that's a mistake, because if you look at player rankings you'll see they updated them 4/15/17.   Even says the next update is 5/7/17.    I know it's more updated than 2016, because they have a bunch of recent transfers and offers.

Not sure how our Trinity Christian game is set up 

We went there last year on a last minute game and this year we get them at home so not sure if we are treating this year as a second year deal if so we will have one opening next year but the other games would be on year 2 so the rest of schedule would be set already