Best college team ever?

GrecoRoman

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

2013 FSU yes, 2000-2001 Miami...no.     I think 2008 FL talent stacks up favorably vs anyone besides those Miami teams. 

QB   Tebow,   Cam Newton

WR   Percy Harvin,  Riley Cooper,  Louis Murphy,  David Nelson,  Deonte Thompson   

TE   Aaron Hernandez,   Cornelius Ingram

RB   Chris Rainey,  Jeff Demps (Skipped NFL to run track for US),    Harvin obviously also ran the ball.

OL    Maurkice Pouncy,  Mike Pouncy,  Marcus Gilbert,  Maurice Hurt   

DE  Carlos Dunlap,   Jermaine Cunningham,   Justin Trattou

DT  Jaye Howard

LB  Brandon Spikes

CB  Janoris Jenkins,  Joe Haden

S   Major Wright,  Ahmad Black, Will Hill  

All these guys played in the NFL save TE Ingram who was injured in preseason and never recovered,  and Demps who went to run for the US.       Their WRs have 11,610 yds rec and 75 TDs in the league (all 5 have at least 1k yards),   11 pro Bowls combined between their Oline,    Their Secondary has 58 ints with 13 pick 6s (also all have at least 2 ints in the league),    Carlos Dunlap has 73.5 sacks and is #12 on the active sack leaders list (also has 18 FF).     Not even going to discuss Tebow, Newton, and Hernandez because I think most know their stories.   

Another thing is these guys all were a part of the 2008 team and contributed.   Newton is  really the only one that was not playing due to being a reserve and I think CI got hurt early season.     These guys were all on the field for 2008 FL.       

11 Bama vs 08 UF... I would love to see such a match. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

Florida 2008 had a TON of NFL guys.   They’d stack up talent wise to anyone besides maybe the Miami teams.

Talent-wise, it’s hard for any team ever to stack up to the ‘01 Canes. But it goes way beyond that. There have been a few teams who I believe were better than ‘01 Miami, not as talented, but better. 

Most talented =/= best 

I think 08 UF, 12 Bama, and 13 FSU would give them all kinds of trouble. And beat them.  

Not to mention the coaching most of these great teams had. Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll and so on would school Larry Coker. It would be shocking if, in any mythical match discussed here were to happen, those coaches did not out-coach Coker. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:43 AM, Omaha Vol said:

Talent-wise, yes, 2000-01 Miami. Who actually wins the game.....95-96 Huskers. 

1. '95 Nebraska

2. '01 Miami

3. '05 Texas

4. '04 USC

5. '71 Nebraska

6. '18 Clemson

7. '88 Notre Dame

8. '13 FSU

9. '80 Georgia

10. '38 Tennessee

You may be correct.  However I could never pick the Big Red against that defense.  The fact alone that Reed or Taylor was so far beyond any spy Tommie ever saw combined with Vince Wilfork to clog the middle and the rest of that pro bowl laden defense.......the kryptonite of the NU offense would be defense with speed and size greater than them and no one had it.....but Miami 01 had  more.   Just look how we struggled against Miami in '94 and and the 01 defense was far better - yes Miami had Sapp and Lewis then but no one else made it (and they were down to the 2nd/3rd string dtackle in the Rock lol as Pat Riley was sidelined which is why NU didnt do much until the 4th when Miami (especially Sapp) was worn down.  

I loved the Huskers man but I dont seeing them beating this Miami team but who knows.  

On 10/19/2019 at 1:02 AM, 954gator said:

Fkn Tommy Frazier!   Hate that guy!

He was something else.  

Noles and Canes had his number....yea NU played close and won against Miami but anyone who was a Nebraska fan knew playing those schools was a different animal. 

I'm from NJ and knew Jason Peter.  He said when they played the Gators in '96 the offensive players/coaches were saying there is no way FL can stop us before they game.  They said going into the Miami game they knew it was the fight of their life....said they could tell it was a much faster defense than they ever saw.  Said Phillips could barely walk afterward