Ohio Week 9 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

54 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Sorry everybody, I've been pretty busy. I'll try to get around to covering a few of the games this week. I figured I'd at least get a thread started.

Main games are X/Iggy and WW/La Salle. Both Iggy and WW are fighting for their playoff lives

Like what was said on the board.  WW and Iggy's are in the playoffs.  Win or go home.

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Sorry everybody, I've been pretty busy. I'll try to get around to covering a few of the games this week. I figured I'd at least get a thread started.

Main games are X/Iggy and WW/La Salle. Both Iggy and WW are fighting for their playoff lives

I think the Mentor/Euclid game could be a good one. I’ll definitely take Mentor but their last chance to lose before playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea I figured WW would win. Not the best matchup for La Salle.

Mentor really impressive. Euclid is a good team. 

Colerain with a good showing, putting a running clock on a decent Lakota East team 34-3. 

WW buried themselves with penalties and turnovers but came out after halftime and blanked Lasalle . They are very talented but no discipline and questionable coaching albeit good tonight.

Friday Finals:

Mentor 45, Euclid 0 (knew they would win, didn't think they'd get a shut out)

Canton McKinley 28, Massillon Perry 17

Massillon 24, Louisville 0

Solon 33, Strongsville 22

Springfield 38, Wayne 13

O-Lib 7, Olentangy Orange 10 (R3 will be interesting in the playoffs)

Pick C 40, Reynoldsburg 14

Fairfield 50, Oak Hills 0

Elder 31, Football North 20

Colerain 34, Lakota East 3

WW 26, LaSalle 21 (WW gets a crucial win, and has to hope chaos does not ensue to hold on to the 8th seed)

Hoban 42, Walsh Jesuit 21

• Thanks 1

My Ohio rankings heading into week 10:

1. Mentor - thorough domination of the GCC continues with a 45-0 thumping of Euclid. The Cardinals took advantage of 5 turnovers and shut out a Euclid offense with several playmakers. 

2. St. Edward - completely shut down Moeller (as expected), with the Crusaders lone score coming on a kick return. 

3. Hoban - went through the motions early in falling behind Walsh 14-0, but then woke up and cruised to a 42-21 victory. 

4. Elder - big showdown with LaSalle this week for the GCL title. 

5. Massillon - solid 24-0 victory over Louisville, although I would have expected more output from their offense. Rival McKinley awaits, and that should tell us a lot about both those teams.

6. Fairfield - dominated a terrible Oak Hills team, and now the true test awaits as Colerain and their GMC streak come to town.

7. St. Xavier - hard earned victory up in Cleveland in ugly weather conditions. 

8. Colerain - first complete game in a few weeks, and it's coming at the perfect time as the Cards are set to visit Fairfield and put their GMC dominance on the line.

9. St. Ignatius - Declan Mangan's 48 yard game tying FG came up just short. Kind of summarizes the Ignatius season as a whole. 

10. Springfield - don't know much about this team, but their only blemish on the season was a a 4-point loss to Fairfield back in week two. Usually some pretty good talent at that school, but just can't seem to put it all together. Maybe this is the year. If they can finish off the year with a solid victory over Trotwood-Madison, I think it's safe to say they may be the R2 favorite. 

Others: Pick C, WW, LaSalle, TCC, O-Lib, Groveport-Madison 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

My Ohio rankings heading into week 10:

1. Mentor - thorough domination of the GCC continues with a 45-0 thumping of Euclid. The Cardinals took advantage of 5 turnovers and shut out a Euclid offense with several playmakers. 

2. St. Edward - completely shut down Moeller (as expected), with the Crusaders lone score coming on a kick return. 

3. Hoban - went through the motions early in falling behind Walsh 14-0, but then woke up and cruised to a 42-21 victory. 

4. Elder - big showdown with LaSalle this week for the GCL title. 

5. Massillon - solid 24-0 victory over Louisville, although I would have expected more output from their offense. Rival McKinley awaits, and that should tell us a lot about both those teams.

6. Fairfield - dominated a terrible Oak Hills team, and now the true test awaits as Colerain and their GMC streak come to town.

7. St. Xavier - hard earned victory up in Cleveland in ugly weather conditions. 

8. Colerain - first complete game in a few weeks, and it's coming at the perfect time as the Cards are set to visit Fairfield and put their GMC dominance on the line.

9. St. Ignatius - Declan Mangan's 48 yard game tying FG came up just short. Kind of summarizes the Ignatius season as a whole. 

10. Springfield - don't know much about this team, but their only blemish on the season was a a 4-point loss to Fairfield back in week two. Usually some pretty good talent at that school, but just can't seem to put it all together. Maybe this is the year. If they can finish off the year with a solid victory over Trotwood-Madison, I think it's safe to say they may be the R2 favorite. 

Others: Pick C, WW, LaSalle, TCC, O-Lib, Groveport-Madison 

Lasalle beat St. X.  Can't have St. X in the top 10 and not Lasalle.  Pick Central and Springfield would be my 5 and 6.

25 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Lasalle beat St. X.  Can't have St. X in the top 10 and not Lasalle.  Pick Central and Springfield would be my 5 and 6.

Sure I can, and I just did. 😉

But in all seriousness, I did struggle with where to put X, LaSalle, and others. Quite frankly, outside of my top four, I think you could jumble up the remaining teams any number of ways. It would really come down to certain matchups as to who I would favor in any given hypothetical game these teams could possibly play against one another. But I do favor X's overall resume over that of LaSalle, and gave them the bump this week as LaSalle fell to WW. 

• Haha 1