The purity of high school football in TX

noonereal

I always love when posters carry on about STA, IMG, Gorman.....

How high school football is about kids who grew up together playing together to represent the town. 

The purity of the game that Texans seem to espouse.

Let's look closer at one town team, Allen, TX.

Enrollment is about double that of Bosco, SJR, PC and BC combined. 

Then, when in need, they fire up the jet and fly in QB's. 

It's easy to find a quality QB willing to freelance at Allen because the stadium is palatial and crowds crazy.

-----------------------------------------------

Now, I now football is better in TX. How do I know? I have been told so for nearly 50 years. 

but....

me, just being me, I am thinking (I do way to much thinking)

If I put a high school in about any part of the country with an enrollment of 6,450 (yes, I checked, this is the exact official enrollment) and had a jet on standby for any positional need, well then I too would have a pure town team, with all the moral high ground that goes with it.  I would then be able to boast about the football in the water too!

And I would never have to play those recruited up cheaters at STA, IMG or Gorman. 

-------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is nothing like the purity that is TX high school football. 

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I always love when posters carry on about STA, IMG, Gorman.....

How high school football is about kids who grew up together playing together to represent the town. 

The purity of the game that Texans seem to espouse.

Let's look closer at one town team, Allen, TX.

Enrollment is about double that of Bosco, SJR, PC and BC combined. 

Then, when in need, they fire up the jet and fly in QB's. 

It's easy to find a quality QB willing to freelance at Allen because the stadium is palatial and crowds crazy.

-----------------------------------------------

Now, I now football is better in TX. How do I know? I have been told so for nearly 50 years. 

but....

me, just being me, I am thinking (I do way to much thinking)

If I put a high school in about any part of the country with an enrollment of 6,450 (yes, I checked, this is the exact official enrollment) and had a jet on standby for any positional need, well then I too would have a pure town team, with all the moral high ground that goes with it.  I would then be able to boast about the football in the water too!

And I would never have to play those recruited up cheaters at STA, IMG or Gorman. 

-------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is nothing like the purity that is TX high school football. 

You've said this a number of times over the years. Just trying to get newcomer posters to bite?

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You've said this a number of times over the years. Just trying to get newcomer posters to bite?

slow news day 

also, and I am serious, I think a thread highlights this best

Thing is, I am not against anything that  Allen does except the hypocrisy.

We can bring a MNC to Colorado with a jet and  high school this big too. No magic water needed. ;)

I always thought how good a team could be formed from Booker T, Miami Central and Northwestern if they all combined. 

The enrollment would be about 4,000 give or take. Would be a small Texas team. Lol. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Allen started breaking their high school into 4 different high schools, one for each grade. Then when they start getting too crowded, start making schools just for the subjects. They can have 200,000 population with one "high school" ?

• Like 1