Minkah Fitzpatrick Is balling !!

Kingwill

Dude is up for DPOY in his 2nd season and is an absolute ball hawk. Loved watching him play in NJ at SPP than excel at Bama now in the pros although I have to admit I thought Peppers was better and would be better pro Minkah is having a bigger impact although peppers has had some nice moments this year on the giants as well. It’s just the team and defense stinks. Anyway Kudos to Minkah who is looking like he could have a special career if he keeps it up.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Dude is up for DPOY in his 2nd season and is an absolute ball hawk. Loved watching him play in NJ at SPP than excel at Bama now in the pros although I have to admit I thought Peppers was better and would be better pro Minkah is having a bigger impact although peppers has had some nice moments this year on the giants as well. It’s just the team and defense stinks. Anyway Kudos to Minkah who is looking like he could have a special career if he keeps it up.

I always enjoy your perspective on football. (not so much politics)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kingwill said:

Have you forgotten about Nick Bosa? :)

8 hours ago, Kingwill said:

Peppers was never better than minkah. Come on

10 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

In HS yes he was and in college Pepp was very highly regarded as well as Swiss Army knife. Even in track peppers beat him fairly easily.

Minkah was better in college. He was the field general of the whole defense while pepp had 1 INT his whole career at michigan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love how the guy who actually makes the play never gets credit.    My wife could have caught this deflection.    MINKAH with the play! Cmon now.    Too much hyping players now a days that these "hype" players get credit for anything near them.    If the roles on this play are reversed, it becomes....MINKAH broke it up!!! What a play!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 954gator said:

I love how the guy who actually makes the play never gets credit.    My wife could have caught this deflection.    MINKAH with the play! Cmon now.    Too much hyping players now a days that these "hype" players get credit for anything near them.    If the roles on this play are reversed, it becomes....MINKAH broke it up!!! What a play!!!

How about 5 Int in 3 games with steelers and 2 tds 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, 954gator said:

On 11/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Kingwill said:

How about 5 Int in 3 games with steelers and 2 tds 

954gator is right. Minkah is getting too much credit for some of these plays. Several of the INT's & fumble recoveries were right place, right time situations -- like the highlight above. Another player made the real play. The Steelers defense real strength has been pressuring the QB.

Not only that, the Steelers have predominantly been playing against some weak competition. He got embarrassed in the 49ers game on a few plays, which is one of the only good teams they've faced since he arrived.

Let's wait and see how well Minkah is "balling" once he faces the Ravens again or some other legit offense (if they manage to make the postseason).

But versus the Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, Rams, and Browns??? Please. That's a combined 19-36 this season. A couple of those teams are really bad offensively.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 8:49 AM, Kingwill said:

This is a good post - he's doing well and no doubt has proven to be more effective then Peppers.  Peppers is a bust as I see it - the guy has had no where near the production for what he has been paid and how he was hyped.   His stats were crap at Michigan as well but his versatility and athletic measures got him built up to more then what he actually produces. The amount of times I've seen him roasted brutally in the open field by the likes of AB and TY Hilton made me realize the guy isn't even close to his billing and in the league is average at best.   Brian Cushing was a better defensive player as is Minkah in my opinion - college is the first testing ground and the NFL is obviously the ultimate.  Ridiculous how people bring up this dumb shit like "well he was better in high school" lmao like the fact he was carving up Paramus means anything.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

This is a good post - he's doing well and no doubt has proven to be more effective then Peppers.  Peppers is a bust as I see it - the guy has had no where near the production for what he has been paid and how he was hyped.   His stats were crap at Michigan as well but his versatility and athletic measures got him built up to more then what he actually produces. The amount of times I've seen him roasted brutally in the open field by the likes of AB and TY Hilton made me realize the guy isn't even close to his billing and in the league is average at best.   Brian Cushing was a better defensive player as is Minkah in my opinion - college is the first testing ground and the NFL is obviously the ultimate.  Ridiculous how people bring up this dumb shit like "well he was better in high school" lmao like the fact he was carving up Paramus means anything.  

Another point to the above to quote Reggie Bush - "you might appear better then you are because you get an initial step that you lose when talent is leveled out" ....referring to himself as to why his production in the NFL at TB was nothing like in college.  He said his oline in college gave him a fraction more space to get better acceleration into the hole where in the NFL essentially no one gets this because the line is almost always somewhat of a stalemate.  He said directly "I wasn't as good of a TB as I thought coming out of college".   I got a lot of respect for him in being humble enough to admit this and this is the bottom line with Peppers : once everyone around  had his ability or more he faded

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Peppers was considered one of the top 5 players to ever come out of NJ. He has not lived up to the can’t miss hype but he has been the giants beat playmaker on the back end and easily a top 3 player on the defense this year. He was rated higher than Minkah but not by a lot as going to Bama suggests and Minkah so far is having more splash plays. Honestly, I thought peppers would be bigger in the punt return gm and but it looks like his gm is more suited towards the LOS in the box as he is very good tackler and more physical of the two while Minkah seems to be better in coverage. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kingwill said:

Peppers was considered one of the top 5 players to ever come out of NJ. He has not lived up to the can’t miss hype but he has been the giants best playmaker on the back end and easily a top 3 player on the defense this year. He was rated higher than Minkah but not by a lot as going to Bama suggests and Minkah so far is having more splash plays. Honestly, I thought peppers would be bigger in the punt return gm and but it looks like his gm is more suited towards the LOS in the box as he is very good tackler and more physical of the two while Minkah seems to be better in coverage. 

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Bingo!!!!