Another CIA-conspiracy fairy tale--get your tin-foil hats ready

Testadura

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/national-security/cia-crypto-encryption-machines-espionage/

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cia-secretly-owned-swiss-company-encrypted-over-120-countries-communications

"'Intelligence Coup Of The Century': CIA Ran Global Spy Op Using Well-Known Swiss Encryption Company"

In a new bombshell report, The Washington Post reveals a massive covert operation which was 'hidden in plain sight' that seems straight out of Confessions of an Economic Hitman — it's yet more 'conspiracy theory' of the past now definitively proven conspiracy fact.  [Emphasis added.]

For the past decades, the CIA owned and operated a front company based in Switzerland for the purpose of spying on secret government communications across the globe, whether they were allies or adversaries. This according to newly unearthed 280-pages of an internal CIA history of the operation obtained by the Post along with Swiss public broadcaster SRF and German broadcaster ZDF.

Crypto AG, a Switzerland-based communications encryption firm, was secretly purchased by the CIA and West German intelligence services in 1971. The company not only made millions by selling encryption equipment to over 120 countries into the 21st century, but used the very same equipment to infiltrate each host country's communications in a 'Trojan Horse' style operation.

Among notable clients, the report lists Iran, India, Pakistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and even the Vatican — all which were duped into purchasing the 'backdoor' spy hardware in a scenario which sounds a lot like what Washington is now accusing China's Huawei of doing. The global CIA surveillance operation was dubbed “Operation Rubicon”.

Ironically, while host governments thought Crypto AG's devices were securing messages users thought were encrypted, the reality was the opposite, and allowed the CIA to gather the most sensitive internal messages from governments across the world. 

[More to come]

Predictably, the report which originated at the time in independent media was immediately slammed as “unbelievable conspiracy theory” — as is detailed in the following astounding summary of recent history

The reports cite a classified CIA history to underpin the allegations, some of which date back at least to 1992, when one of Crypto’s employees was arrested and held in Iran for nine months as a suspected spy.

At the time, the company called reports that it was a secret asset of Western intelligence agencies “an unbelievable conspiracy theory,” according to a report in German magazine Focus detailing a 1994 book on the subject.

"But again, those once at the forefront of uncovering the truth and who were quickly dismissed as quacks at the time are now vindicated by the smoking gun internal CIA documents themselves."

Quacks?

An unbelievable conspiracy theory?

Spouses' eyes rolling?

One question is, why now did the CIA hand this to Bezos and the WaPo, a notorious outlet for the CIA?

Read the comments for fun, if you can.  There are many, many trolls from quite a few countries making comments; so, read with a jaundiced eye.

Word was out well before this WaPo report on how this company was a CIA front, and it's likely that the front was being fed dis-information, which I'm sure our CIA knew.  Theories of mind.  Humans can only go 6 deep.

• Like 1

Of course this is being released before the Chinese do, so that we can say, we longer do it--so, use our 5G, not China's, because we no longer spy on friends and enemies alike.

LOL!!!  China had back doors.  We did, too.

But everyone on the board knew this already.  Because there are no secrets even with the CIA and intelligence agencies--they are fully transparent., and besides, we're so smart.  Nothing to see--move along.  and what little we don't know, we'd love it, if we were to know it.  Like torture, coups, assassinations, rebellions, revolutions, arming rebels, replacing rulers, etc.

I'm sure that this is it, though--no more bombshells like this one.  The CIA is really only doing pro bono work now, along with the Billionaires.  They love the working class more than you can imagine.

LOL!!!

Again, I love my CIA, but I don't love them as much when they help keep us at war perpetually (and send deplorables to their deaths or mutilations), and target patriotic Americans and my President.  They're out of their lane.  And I could care less that former CIA Director Brenna actually voted for a Communist for President in 1976 to show his unhappiness when political-outsider, DC-outsider Jimmy Carter wouldn't do.  Brennan went full Commie to show his disdain.  Bully for Obama's right-hand man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Testadura said:

[...]

One question is, why now did the CIA hand this to Bezos and the WaPo, a notorious outlet for the CIA?

[...]

Another question is, what will the aliens and the deep state do in response to the news that a spy agency has been spying?

My guess is nothing. They're scared. Donald J Trump is too great a man, too committed to truth, justice, and the American way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Another question is, what will the aliens and the deep state do in response to the news that a spy agency has been spying?

My guess is nothing. They're scared. Donald J Trump is too great a man, too committed to truth, justice, and the American way.

That was pathetic.  the less you write, the smarter we think you are.  You offer nothing.  You lack basic reading comprehension and have me confused with your other board buddies.  I'm not the one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Testadura said:

That was pathetic.  the less you write, the smarter we think you are.  You offer nothing.  You lack basic reading comprehension and have me confused with your other board buddies.  I'm not the one.

You can't insult me in writing if I lack basic reading comprehension, Tes. Think about it. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Testadura said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/national-security/cia-crypto-encryption-machines-espionage/

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cia-secretly-owned-swiss-company-encrypted-over-120-countries-communications

"'Intelligence Coup Of The Century': CIA Ran Global Spy Op Using Well-Known Swiss Encryption Company"

In a new bombshell report, The Washington Post reveals a massive covert operation which was 'hidden in plain sight' that seems straight out of Confessions of an Economic Hitman — it's yet more 'conspiracy theory' of the past now definitively proven conspiracy fact.  [Emphasis added.]

For the past decades, the CIA owned and operated a front company based in Switzerland for the purpose of spying on secret government communications across the globe, whether they were allies or adversaries. This according to newly unearthed 280-pages of an internal CIA history of the operation obtained by the Post along with Swiss public broadcaster SRF and German broadcaster ZDF.

Crypto AG, a Switzerland-based communications encryption firm, was secretly purchased by the CIA and West German intelligence services in 1971. The company not only made millions by selling encryption equipment to over 120 countries into the 21st century, but used the very same equipment to infiltrate each host country's communications in a 'Trojan Horse' style operation.

Among notable clients, the report lists Iran, India, Pakistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and even the Vatican — all which were duped into purchasing the 'backdoor' spy hardware in a scenario which sounds a lot like what Washington is now accusing China's Huawei of doing. The global CIA surveillance operation was dubbed “Operation Rubicon”.

Ironically, while host governments thought Crypto AG's devices were securing messages users thought were encrypted, the reality was the opposite, and allowed the CIA to gather the most sensitive internal messages from governments across the world. 

[More to come]

please, less to come.  stop

4 hours ago, Troll said:

That was sarcasm...

You know...

Like this...

PS.  Note how that was not overly verbose...

BTW: Can I still agree with your novel's basic premise?  🤣

inscrutable and off the mark as always but i agree

as an aside, when did you get in?  you should have called.  I could have picked you up

7 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

on further reflection, you nailed it

8 hours ago, Testadura said:

Of course this is being released before the Chinese do, so that we can say, we longer do it--so, use our 5G, not China's, because we no longer spy on friends and enemies alike.

LOL!!!  China had back doors.  We did, too.

But everyone on the board knew this already.  Because there are no secrets even with the CIA and intelligence agencies--they are fully transparent., and besides, we're so smart.  Nothing to see--move along.  and what little we don't know, we'd love it, if we were to know it.  Like torture, coups, assassinations, rebellions, revolutions, arming rebels, replacing rulers, etc.

I'm sure that this is it, though--no more bombshells like this one.  The CIA is really only doing pro bono work now, along with the Billionaires.  They love the working class more than you can imagine.

LOL!!!

Again, I love my CIA, but I don't love them as much when they help keep us at war perpetually (and send deplorables to their deaths or mutilations), and target patriotic Americans and my President.  They're out of their lane.  And I could care less that former CIA Director Brenna actually voted for a Communist for President in 1976 to show his unhappiness when political-outsider, DC-outsider Jimmy Carter wouldn't do.  Brennan went full Commie to show his disdain.  Bully for Obama's right-hand man.

I now disagree

9 hours ago, Testadura said:

Predictably, the report which originated at the time in independent media was immediately slammed as “unbelievable conspiracy theory” — as is detailed in the following astounding summary of recent history

The reports cite a classified CIA history to underpin the allegations, some of which date back at least to 1992, when one of Crypto’s employees was arrested and held in Iran for nine months as a suspected spy.

At the time, the company called reports that it was a secret asset of Western intelligence agencies “an unbelievable conspiracy theory,” according to a report in German magazine Focus detailing a 1994 book on the subject.

"But again, those once at the forefront of uncovering the truth and who were quickly dismissed as quacks at the time are now vindicated by the smoking gun internal CIA documents themselves."

Quacks?

An unbelievable conspiracy theory?

Spouses' eyes rolling?

Read the comments for fun, if you can.  There are many, many trolls from quite a few countries making comments; so, read with a jaundiced eye.

Word was out well before this WaPo report on how this company was a CIA front, and it's likely that the front was being fed dis-information, which I'm sure our CIA knew.  Theories of mind.  Humans can only go 6 deep.

the wapo wrote it, yes, but that doesn't mean that I relevantly cited it or that it supports anything.

thumbs down

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

inscrutable and off the mark as always but i agree

as an aside, when did you get in?  you should have called.  I could have picked you up

appreciate the offer but I don't have your number...

BTW: You know it is entirely ok to talk to yourself...

just try not to argue 👍