Some General Rules for Successful Trading or Investing

DarterBlue

16 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

My bad, it's Tom Basso, not sure why I typed Ray. there you go: https://twitter.com/basso_tom?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I listened to his most recent webcast last night and he had an interesting take on hedging risk.   It prompted me to play with some indicators on stockcharts.com, which features a free chart analysis for both mutual funds and stocks.       

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What’s better buying a stock cheap and selling it higher or sitting on the stock and getting paid the dividends??

If you are already rich, and just need income, the dividends are probably your thing. If you are relatively poor, then unless you have just completed your JD from Columbia or like university, landed a job with a top ten law firm, and expect big money to be flowing your way in the near future, then you are looking to get capital gains (buying a stock {not necessarily cheap} and selling it higher for a profit).