Anybody been to Des Moines?

53 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Count me in for that.  Talk about the best city for fun work and TOP OF THE LINE HUNNIES!!

San Diego gets slept on but it's one of the best cities in the nation... I got family in Oceanside and La Jolla... But we ain't gonna talk about them... I've been to SD 4 times... Made the mistake of driving there from Sacramento one time... Yo fuck L.A traffic.... Between L.A Manhattan and Atlanta one of them is gonna make me bash my head in... 

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What happens if you drive a boat into one?

Depends on the strength of it...  I've seen some that make it on land and shit usually goes downhill pretty fast once that happens...  

I've heard some you can actually drive a boat into and nothing happens because they're gentle... 

But usually during this time of year they're strong... Summerspouts can capsize boats .. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Depends on the strength of it...  I've seen some that make it on land and shit usually goes downhill pretty fast once that happens...  

I've heard some you can actually drive a boat into and nothing happens because they're gentle... 

But usually during this time of year they're strong... Summerspouts can capsize boats .. 

I’ve heard that too on capsizing boats. I couldn’t imagine accidentally swimming by one... would ruin one’s day. 

Tornados and waterspouts have always been fascinating to me  

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I’ve heard that too on capsizing boats. I couldn’t imagine accidentally swimming by one... would ruin one’s day. 

You're not alone on the interest in em... 

Unfortunately I've been closer to both than I'd ever truly like too.... 

Tornado Outbreaks are becoming more and more common out here... Hurricane season has become Hell in high water.....  

During Summer and Early fall is when Hurricane season usually peaks and Waterspouts also become more dangerous during this time of year...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yea I wouldn't recommend that....  

I've been out on Tybee island watching sea storms roll in... You'd be surprised at how quick a waterspout can turn from Gentle to Ravenous....   Seeing them form is always a thing of beauty though... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You're not alone on the interest in em... 

Unfortunately I've been closer to both than I'd ever truly like too.... 

Tornado Outbreaks are becoming more and more common out here... Hurricane season has become Hell in high water.....  

During Summer and Early fall is when Hurricane season usually peaks and Waterspouts also become more dangerous during this time of year...

Any strong tornadoes or mostly stuff around F1-F2 range?

They are violent and powerful, but magnificent. I’ve never seen a tornado but want to one day.

heck I might just start an official tornado picture thread!

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Any strong tornadoes or mostly stuff around F1-F2 range?

They are violent and powerful, but magnificent. I’ve never seen a tornado but want to one day.

heck I might just start an official tornado picture thread!

Unfortunately as of late most of our tornadoes have been night storms  and that's usually the most dangerous kind... Even as a grown man... Being in a powerless home in pitchblack with 100+ mph winds howling and Tornado Sirens blaring can strike the fear of God in you... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Unfortunately as of late most of our tornadoes have been night storms  and that's usually the most dangerous kind... Even as a grown man... Being in a powerless home in pitchblack with 100+ mph winds howling and Tornado Sirens blaring can strike the fear of God in you... 

Totally agree. The fear you speak of at the end of your post is part of the mystique of tornadoes.