Anybody been to Des Moines?

an uncle of mine is moving to Des Moines... He invited me to go with him for awhile since I ain't doing much right now... Coronavirus really screwed me in terms of work... I've just been making money off yard work,Painting and various other odd end jobs... 

So I figured I'd join him spend 2-3 weeks out there and come back to Savannah... 

Never been to Des Moines... 

Only Iowa City I've ever been to is Iowa City.

32 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

an uncle of mine is moving to Des Moines... He invited me to go with him for awhile since I ain't doing much right now... Coronavirus really screwed me in terms of work... I've just been making money off yard work,Painting and various other odd end jobs... 

So I figured I'd join him spend 2-3 weeks out there and come back to Savannah... 

Des Moines?  On purpose?  Lol jk

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Des Moines?  On purpose?  Lol jk

Honestly I didn't ask... 

Iowa isn't exactly on of the states that strikes me when Im thinking of where I wanna travel...  

But hey I'm not the one who chose to live out there... 

I'm happy on the Coast... For right now... But I am going to move within the next year... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My credit has been stolen 3 times in my life and twice it was people from des moines

• Haha 1

When I go on long trips it really makes me think... 

Where am I heading...? I'll be 24 on the 23rd of this month and I'll be graduating from college next year. Maybe I'm trying to move to fast but I wanna do more. I want more  I feel like I'm going nowhere...  

Anyways I was susposed to be going to Sacramento this summer for my birthday to spend some time with someone important to me but Corona done fucked everything up... So we both agreed to put it off for now... But damn I wanna see her... We video chat every day but that's different from actually being able to be there with her... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I have little experience with Middle America...  

Outside of Oklahoma and Minnesota... 

Oklahoma is flat and boring and Minnesota is cold and everything there sounds Canadian... 

Oh wow. I guess you won't be going to Nebraska anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When I go on long trips it really makes me think... 

Where am I heading...? I'll be 24 on the 23rd of this month and I'll be graduating from college next year. Maybe I'm trying to move to fast but I wanna do more. I want more  I feel like I'm going nowhere...  

Anyways I was susposed to be going to Sacramento this summer for my birthday to spend some time with someone important to me but Corona done fucked everything up... So we both agreed to put it off for now... But damn I wanna see her... We video chat every day but that's different from actually being able to be there with her... Man...  

You want to be there with her man?  No judgment here. 

22 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

sure they got some in GA. BUT... not this many lol

• Iowa is the number one pork producing state in the U.S. and the top state for pork exports.
  • Nearly one-third of the nation’s hogs are raised in Iowa.
  • Iowa has more than 6,200 pig farms.
  • There are pig farmers in every Iowa county. The top five Iowa counties for pig production are Washington, Sioux, Lyon, Hamilton and Plymouth.
  • Iowa producers marketed almost 48 million hogs in 2018.
  • At any one time, there are approximately 22 million pigs being raised in Iowa.

You know who would love to live there?  @DevilDog

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

as like a dude ranch?  go to Dodge City and get into a mock gun fight..that is always fun.. Or Abiline must eat at The Kirby House and greyhound museum is cool as is the old west town where Wyatt Earp once ran shit.. as far as just hanging out at some random ranch.ehh I wouldn't recommend that lol

Something like that, or a place down in Webb County, TX. South Texas brush country