Elite 11 Finals

Ga96

33 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Doesn't seem like anyone is happy about Caleb Williams being MVP or the fill finally rankings.

Because nobody is. The results should have beem strictly based off of this competition. By including junior season highlights, it rendered this competition relatively worthless.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Because nobody is. The results should have beem strictly based off of this competition. By including junior season highlights, it rendered this competition relatively worthless.

I agree but like ive said before its the same at the 247 and Rivals camps. Just pure laziness on actually evaluating players. That's why you end up with 5 stars on the bench and 2 stars being first rounders.

8 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I agree but like ive said before its the same at the 247 and Rivals camps. Just pure laziness on actually evaluating players. That's why you end up with 5 stars on the bench and 2 stars being first rounders.

They have to have better evaluation methods. There's no point of the competition if you don't judge using the result of the competition. They're just restating what everyone else knows if you base it off of game film. 

17 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They have to have better evaluation methods. There's no point of the competition if you don't judge using the result of the competition. They're just restating what everyone else knows if you base it off of game film. 

They don't want to risk being wrong. Its bad because rankings and stars having carrying power there has been 5 stars who have sucked in college that still got drafted because they were a 5 star coming outta high school. So then the the recruiting site and elite 11 with the qbs go back and say "hey look we said this kid was nfl bound so we know better than others". In actually they are just guessing.

9 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

They don't want to risk being wrong. Its bad because rankings and stars having carrying power there has been 5 stars who have sucked in college that still got drafted because they were a 5 star coming outta high school. So then the the recruiting site and elite 11 with the qbs go back and say "hey look we said this kid was nfl bound so we know better than others". In actually they are just guessing.

Yeah, I see. They want the notoriety and the fame, as well as the credit for "molding" those young players into superstars. I wish that they would revise their idiotic guidelines as to who wins, because Caleb Williams was not the best. As much as this tastes bad, I'd prefer Miller Moss those 3 days over him.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, I see. They want the notoriety and the fame, as well as the credit for "molding" those young players into superstars. I wish that they would revise their idiotic guidelines as to who wins, because Caleb Williams was not the best. As much as this tastes bad, I'd prefer Miller Moss those 3 days over him.

They use it to turn all their other events into huge cash grabs. I heard Rio did good as well.

58 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

They use it to turn all their other events into huge cash grabs. I heard Rio did good as well.

Del Rio surprised me the most and I bet everyone else was as shocked by his performance. He represented Georgia well along with Vandagriff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Pretty hilarious that people would want to take actual 11 vs 11 football out of the equation here. 

Its common sense to take that out because the qbs don't play the same level of competition nor do they have the same caliber of talent on their teams. 11 v 11 only matters in real games and the only way you could measure it precisely is to put all those qbs in the same situation with the same circumstances.

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Its common sense to take that out because the qbs don't play the same level of competition nor do they have the same caliber of talent on their teams. 11 v 11 only matters in real games and the only way you could measure it precisely is to put all those qbs in the same situation with the same circumstances.

I don’t care enough to drill into this, but I’d guess Caleb Williams played the highest level of competition on this list over the last two seasons. Davis and McCord are the only two that may have a case with that. 

23 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I don’t care enough to drill into this, but I’d guess Caleb Williams played the highest level of competition on this list over the last two seasons. Davis and McCord are the only two that may have a case with that. 

Well I’ll throw this out there Carlos Del Rio’s team McEachern beat Marietta @Marietta last year for what it’s worth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You ignored the other half when I said the players would have to be on equal terms. He might have played against the best competition but he also had probably the best over all team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Well I’ll throw this out there Carlos Del Rio’s team McEachern beat Marietta @Marietta last year for what it’s worth.

Del Rio is up and down. If he gets consistent, Grayson wins a state title and ends up in the top 25 nationally.