Pahokee Blue Devils

sausmann9

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

How was their depth?

that's what got them beat against some of the bigger teams they played.  If you choose your best 22 from any team in the country, Pahokee's 22 would hang with just about any other 22 from any other teams in our country.  Not sure about the last 5 years but back in the early 2000's they were straight up badass.  they were a very small school back when I really followed them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

that's what got them beat against some of the bigger teams they played.  If you choose your best 22 from any team in the country, Pahokee's 22 would hang with just about any other 22 from any other teams in our country.  Not sure about the last 5 years but back in the early 2000's they were straight up badass.  they were a very small school back when I really followed them.

That’s the case with the smaller schools. One game match up can hand with or beat bigger schools. But put them week in and week out against deeper schools and attrition wins out.

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

That’s the case with the smaller schools. One game match up can hand with or beat bigger schools. But put them week in and week out against deeper schools and attrition wins out.

Exactly.  They really don't have time (a game or two) to rest anyone because they only have enough for every week.  

Hey when you want those games, remind me.  I will throw in a few of the Pahokee games from 2000 - 2009.  I know I have a few of their games, a couple of their OOS games and a few of their title games.  All are good.  I just keep forgetting which year was their absolute best.  They always had really good players there.  I also have the ESPN Special "Muck Bowl" and I think it covers the 2006 season verse Glades as well.  Good stuff for sure.

• Thanks 1

Haha been on my ass for months after surgery. I have a list of 10 games off the list you sent me ages go I got to dig up (was gonna DM you months ago with it and kept forgetting).  I appreciate it. Yes I remember watching the Muck bowl Rivalry on ESPN. I know I have the ESPN MD/Servite on my list of wanted games. I’m a sucker for a long lasting one sided comedy 😂. Ill DM you, thanks.

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Sadly the 2006 team didn’t play OOS, but they were beating larger class playoff teams like a drum.   Glades Central played Byrnes pretty close that year (27-15) and also won a middle class state title.   Pahokee beat them as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

They basically played larger class schools for their regular season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2006-12-02-0612020083-story,amp.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Sadly the 2006 team didn’t play OOS, but they were beating larger class playoff teams like a drum.   Glades Central played Byrnes pretty close that year (27-15) and also won a middle class state title.   Pahokee beat them as well.

Wasn't Bolles undefeated that year too? Could they have beaten Pahokee?

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Wasn't Bolles undefeated that year too? Could they have beaten Pahokee?

They were but I don't think would have beaten this Pahokee team, not in 2006.  Pahokee and Chaminade would have been a good one that season as well.  Pahokee beat up a good Trinity Cathloic team for a title that season as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

They were but I don't think would have beaten this Pahokee team, not in 2006.  Pahokee and Chaminade would have been a good one that season as well.  Pahokee beat up a good Trinity Cathloic team for a title that season as well.

They weren't favorably ranked by MaxPreps so it didn't look like their dominance was well-recognized.

5 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Exactly.  They really don't have time (a game or two) to rest anyone because they only have enough for every week.  

Hey when you want those games, remind me.  I will throw in a few of the Pahokee games from 2000 - 2009.  I know I have a few of their games, a couple of their OOS games and a few of their title games.  All are good.  I just keep forgetting which year was their absolute best.  They always had really good players there.  I also have the ESPN Special "Muck Bowl" and I think it covers the 2006 season verse Glades as well.  Good stuff for sure.

Definitely 06 and 07 were the best Pahokee teams.  There were even rumors of MNW turning down an offer to play Pahokee in 07.    

3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Pahokee beat Chaminade 41-3 in 2007, but Chaminade wasn’t as good that year.  Still a beating though.