End of an era Hoover at Vestavia

HooverOutlaw

This will be Vestavia's HC Buddy Anderson last season. He has coached at Vestavia for 48 years 43 as head coach.  Notes about the game Vestavia has not played this season due to covid outbreak even HC Buddy Anderson had it. Hoover leads series 36-19.  I believe Vestavia will play their guts out to send Anderson out a winner. I look for a win one for the gipper type motivation for Vestavia. For the ones that don't know Vestavia is Hoover's biggest rival.

How bad does everyone think Hoover playing 2 games helps them over Vestavia playing no games and no practice for 10 days?

Vestavia plays good early Hoover takes control in the 2nd half and wins 34-20 is my pick. 

Post your picks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This will be Vestavia's HC Buddy Anderson last season. He has coached at Vestavia for 48 years 43 as head coach.  Notes about the game Vestavia has not played this season due to covid outbreak even HC Buddy Anderson had it. Hoover leads series 36-19.  I believe Vestavia will play their guts out to send Anderson out a winner. I look for a win one for the gipper type motivation for Vestavia. For the ones that don't know Vestavia is Hoover's biggest rival.

How bad does everyone think Hoover playing 2 games helps them over Vestavia playing no games and no practice for 10 days?

Vestavia plays good early Hoover takes control in the 2nd half and wins 34-20 is my pick. 

Post your picks.

Vestavia wins 28-27 on a late Hoover missed extra point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Hoover hater? Nah. Everybody except North Gwinnett hater? Yep, that's me!

I figured you as that type a true blue hater. Is North Gwinnett good at any other sports outside of football?  

Hoover needs to play you in football,  basketball both boys and girls and baseball. The main 4. Probably go 2-2.  

19 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I figured you as that type a true blue hater. Is North Gwinnett good at any other sports outside of football?  

Hoover needs to play you in football,  basketball both boys and girls and baseball. The main 4. Probably go 2-2.  

Yes, in fact. Almost every other of our sports are fantastic. The only bad sports we have are basketball (girls yes, boys almost beat Sharife Cooper last year), cross country, track, and (on and off) volleyball.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yes, in fact. Almost every other of our sports are fantastic. The only bad sports we have are basketball (girls yes, boys almost beat Sharife Cooper last year), cross country, track, and (on and off) volleyball.

Our Baseball was ranked 2nd in the state when covid ended the season.

Boys basketball is decent to good.

Girls basketball is elite if one girl is back 100% we can play with anybody in the nation. Girls have a 5 star and two 3 stars on the team.  Injuries cost us the state title last year.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Our Baseball was ranked 2nd in the state when covid ended the season.

Boys basketball is decent to good.

Girls basketball is elite if one girl is back 100% we can play with anybody in the nation. Girls have a 5 star and two 3 stars on the team.  Injuries cost us the state title last year.

Our baseball is 2nd in the state usually behind Parkview. We even went to California and beat Mater Dei.

Our softball goes 27-3 or something each year and is a regular final four or championship participant.

Boys swimming won state this year, and girls golf and soccer won state last year.

Boys basketball was region champions this year and almost beat McEachern, led by the great Sharife Cooper.

Football is great as you know.

Boys soccer only had 3 losses on the year but missed playoffs on region rankings.

Volleyball is usually a power but last year was a down year for them, going 17-15.

We are usually in the top 4 each year for the Director's Cup, which is based on all sports combined.

57 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We used to have a swim team. Volleyball is nationally ranked. Softball has been down several years. Used to win state in softball now can't even win the region. 

Girls soccer for us in ranked 6th in the country. Softball is usually 2nd out of all fall-playing states. Baseball also tends to slide into the top 15 nationally. We're a good all-round school, I'd say.

17 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Post your picks.

Sandbag...

Hoover by 28+