Rutgers trying not to play

Sweetlarry

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm sure Rutgers is probably a good school, but it is few and far between that I have ever seen an individual hired or promoted based on the institution name on a diploma. If someone has a solid track record in their field, with references to back up their accomplishments, and interview well, they are much more desirable than someone with a degree from any one school. And when two candidates are equally impressive, only once have I seen their alma mater even be mentioned by the hiring decision makers (that particular individual graduated from Stanford, but ultimately still came in 2nd for the position).

Hard work, results, and who you know have proven to be much more important in industry than any school.

My Daughter is a senior in HS and we are discussing the pros and cons of different schools. 

One thing is for sure.......the upper crust schools will open a lot more doors for you than otherwise. Now once you get there you’re going to have to earn your keep, but these alums certainly look after their own in hiring situations. 

33 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

My Daughter is a senior in HS and we are discussing the pros and cons of different schools. 

One thing is for sure.......the upper crust schools will open a lot more doors for you than otherwise. Now once you get there you’re going to have to earn your keep, but these alums certainly look after their own in hiring situations. 

This list of schools is interesting, with a number of "upper crust" institutions peppered with plenty that wouldn't be considered the same:

Univ of Arkansas, Auburn, Univ of California Santa Cruz, Univ of Colorado, Illinois State, Kettering, Loyola Marymount, Univ of Michigan, Univ of Nebraska, Ohio Northern, Princeton, San Diego State, Texas A&M (3), Tufts, a school in S Africa, a school in India, a school in Italy, and a school in Sweden

These are the schools the CEOs of the Fortune 20 attended for undergrad. So your daughter might consider that when making a choice. She also may consider disguising herself as a man, since 19 of the 20 are males.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

This list of schools is interesting, with a number of "upper crust" institutions peppered with plenty that wouldn't be considered the same:

Univ of Arkansas, Auburn, Univ of California Santa Cruz, Univ of Colorado, Illinois State, Kettering, Loyola Marymount, Univ of Michigan, Univ of Nebraska, Ohio Northern, Princeton, San Diego State, Texas A&M (3), Tufts, a school in S Africa, a school in India, a school in Italy, and a school in Sweden

These are the schools the CEOs of the Fortune 20 attended for undergrad. So your daughter might consider that when making a choice. She also may consider disguising herself as a man, since 19 of the 20 are males.

We’ve got her concentrating more on shooting for the stars for law school instead of undergrad. A lot of variables involved.

If I could choose I’d send her to Vanderbilt for undergrad then See what happens for law school/grad school. 

We have shown her similar statistics As far as where the top people in different fields come from and that of the like. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

answer the question larry

What’s the question? 

Happy to answer. If it’s about Rutgers I brought it up because me and some of the nj guys clown around on here about it. Any other questions?

In any case I’m baffled as to why you follow me around like I was your first and you’re still in love? Seriously. I get the weirdest fucking people that follow me around. You’re one of them.

It isn’t a compliment. 

14 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

What’s the question? 

Happy to answer. If it’s about Rutgers I brought it up because me and some of the nj guys clown around on here about it. Any other questions?

In any case I’m baffled as to why you follow me around like I was your first and you’re still in love? Seriously. I get the weirdest fucking people that follow me around. You’re one of them.

It isn’t a compliment. 

Your ego is too shallow my friend. No one would "follow you around."

Dude, go back in the thread and see my question, i am not going to repeat myself because you are intellectually lazy.