Rutgers trying not to play

Sweetlarry

12 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

LOOK! It’s Tarzan swinging from my vine!

Y’all should wish your wives are as interested in you as this bum is in me. 

Ima send you an iMilkbone! 

Kennel!

You neglected to answer the question, why do you care what Rutgers does?

Last Saturday we had ACC, noon till night. Much better football, way enjoyable. Ruttgers is not needed nor missed except by you, why? 

You have NJ roots?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

You neglected to answer the question, why do you care what Rutgers does?

Last Saturday we had ACC, noon till night. Much better football, way enjoyable. Ruttgers is not needed nor missed except by you, why? 

You have NJ roots?

This a football forum for football opinions. National football opinions. 

The real question is why do you follow me around like a stray dog looking for scraps? Do you have nothing better to do? Neighbor not home? 

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I know we pick fun at Rutgers... But a Rutgers Degree is a major plus in life...

I'm sure Rutgers is probably a good school, but it is few and far between that I have ever seen an individual hired or promoted based on the institution name on a diploma. If someone has a solid track record in their field, with references to back up their accomplishments, and interview well, they are much more desirable than someone with a degree from any one school. And when two candidates are equally impressive, only once have I seen their alma mater even be mentioned by the hiring decision makers (that particular individual graduated from Stanford, but ultimately still came in 2nd for the position).

Hard work, results, and who you know have proven to be much more important in industry than any school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm sure Rutgers is probably a good school, but it is few and far between that I have ever seen an individual hired or promoted based on the institution name on a diploma. If someone has a solid track record in their field, with references to back up their accomplishments, and interview well, they are much more desirable than someone with a degree from any one school. And when two candidates are equally impressive, only once have I seen their alma mater even be mentioned by the hiring decision makers (that particular individual graduated from Stanford, but ultimately still came in 2nd for the position).

Hard work, results, and who you know have proven to be much more important in industry than any school.

Exactly. While a  specific degree from a particular college may help you obtain an entry level position in a career, the more thorough your resume becomes, the less the school name matters. In fact, the network built from attending school and those internship opportunities available due to alumni and partnerships with that school are more important than the school name itself.

Let's say a student wants a career in forestry or ag science... "Rutgers" holds little weight compared to a UGA degree. It's all about what degree and career you are looking to enter as to what college is best for you and will best prepare you.