Ayishat Akanbi and Chole Valdary: THE way forward for race relations

badrouter

I happen to think the lack of shit being talked in response to this post is, actually, evidence of the legitimacy of the claim contained within. These are brilliant women who seek to empower, uplift and unify. They regularly criticize BOTH the BLM movement and Trump. All while maintaining a generally positive, uplifting tone. Tribal ideologues figure to struggle mightily to demonize them.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I happen to think the lack of shit being talked in response to this post is, actually, evidence of the legitimacy of the claim contained within. These are brilliant women who seek to empower, uplift and unify. They regularly criticize BOTH the BLM movement and Trump. All while maintaining a generally positive, uplifting tone. Tribal ideologues figure to struggle mightily to demonize them.

Most of the posters on this board don't want amicable solutions. They want (and I don't necessarily mean this literally for all of them) war. We can't continue to have a representative liberal democracy with this kind of mindset. America almost certainly, to my way of thinking, faces very dark days ahead. 

Funny thing is: I don't think most of these individuals fully comprehend the forces they would unleash if they get their way. You caution little children not to touch the hot pot. But as oft as not, the admonition falls on deaf ears. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Most of the posters on this board don't want amicable solutions. They want (and I don't necessarily mean this literally for all of them) war. We can't continue to have a representative liberal democracy with this kind of mindset. America almost certainly, to my way of thinking, faces very dark days ahead. 

Funny thing is: I don't think most of these individuals fully comprehend the forces they would unleash if they get their way. You caution little children not to touch the hot pot. But as oft as not, the admonition falls on deaf ears. 

stop talking about the lefty crowd like that....🙄

• Thanks 1

What Troll offers here is really underwhelming stuff. He/she is trying to get some sort of dig in, but it should be easy to see how comparatively weak it is. And that's because what is ultimately offered here is neither "lefty" nor "righty". And that's the point: Dull out the tribal ideologues. To put it in football terms, it's like an 18-play drive, amounting to 3.5 yards per play, that ends in a field goal that goes through the uprights as the clock expires.

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What Troll offers here is really underwhelming stuff. He/she is trying to get some sort of dig in, but it should be easy to see how comparatively weak it is. And that's because what is ultimately offered here is neither "lefty" nor "righty". And that's the point: Dull out the tribal ideologues. To put it in football terms, it's like an 18-play drive, amounting to 3.5 yards per play, that ends in a field goal that goes through the uprights as the clock expires.

no point made worth offering any rebuttal...

dull tribal boy

🤣

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

no point made worth offering any rebuttal...

dull tribal boy

🤣

The point requires you to be familiar with the two ladies discussed. And that requires a certain level of curiosity and open mindedness. Fall short in those areas, and you're left with some lame lines that are nothing more than off-topic drivel.

• Thanks 2

On 9/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, badrouter said:

I offer no links or quotes here, because I'd rather people google them on their own. These two are excellent leaders that we can only hope will replace BLM in the movement to empower and uplift black people.

Who can I turn to to "empower and uplift" me? The black people I associate with, are more than capable of uplifting themselves, AND HAVE. The so called modern day "black leaders" have done nothing but line their pockets.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Who can I turn to to "empower and uplift" me? The black people I associate with, are more than capable of uplifting themselves, AND HAVE. The so called modern day "black leaders" have done nothing but line their pockets.

Below, you will find my copied and pasted response:

The point requires you to be familiar with the two ladies discussed. And that requires a certain level of curiosity and open mindedness. Fall short in those areas, and you're left with some lame lines that are nothing more than off-topic drivel.

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

My points remain unscathed: Nobody has demonstrated the slightest bit of familiarity with either of the ladies mentioned in the OP.

Like myself before you made the post, I am quite sure neither of them (Troll nor Rock) have any familiarity with the two women. For one, one's a Nigerian Brit who has not devoted a whole lot of time to these shores. Given our insularity on this side of the pond, I would be surprised if either of them (and I mean no specific disrespect) know much if anything about her. 

The problem with this forum, which I think pretty much reflects the problem with modern day America, is that there is really no effort on behalf of people to approach politics (and by extension our social ills) with anything resembling an open mind. Minds are made up and positions taken, all arguments must, therefore, be supportive of the position taken at all costs.

In financial markets, this mindset when taken by a trader, almost always ends in a ruinous loss. I have seen this happen to individuals many times over the course of my time spent trading markets. When it does, it's usually very painful to watch and when it afflicts you personally it damages your psyche as well as your pocketbook for a long time ... but it's far more manageable than when it happens to a society. For that society may never recover to its former stature, and if we look across the ocean to what was formerly Yugoslavia, often disintegrates with a lot of bloodshed along the way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

My points remain unscathed: Nobody has demonstrated the slightest bit of familiarity with either of the ladies mentioned in the OP.

Your "hey look at this, and build your own point"

never existed,

to remain anything...

Hope this helps 👍

PS: nobody needs to demonstrate anything either 🤪

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

The problem with this forum, which I think pretty much reflects the problem with modern day America, is that there is really no effort on behalf of people to approach politics (and by extension our social ills) with anything resembling an open mind. Minds are made up and positions taken, all arguments must, therefore, be supportive of the position taken at all costs.

So when did you make your political conclusion that T is the anti-christ? 🙄

Seems like it's already been quite a while now

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

So when did you make your political conclusion that T is the anti-christ? 🙄

Seems like it's already been quite a while now

My conclusions about DJT were made back in the 1980s when I lived in your neck of the woods and got to see him close up from a ringside seat. To me he was a poor man's Ronald Perelman. Someone who always stiffed those he dealt with. Perelman, always more intelligent, did his frauds in a sophisticated way. Trump, being the low IQ charlatan he has always been was much more transparent. I only figured out the former because I had occasion to evaluate his transactions in relation to my then job. With Trump, it was obvious from afar, but confirmed when the Cunard company Hotels division employees confirmed what I had always suspected about him. BTW, Perelman ain't doing so well himself these days.  

Having already "know" DJT for over 30 years, I knew this was not a good trade so as to speak. He has not disappointed by the way ...

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

My conclusions about DJT were made back in the 1980s when I lived in your neck of the woods and got to see him close up from a ringside seat. To me he was a poor man's Ronald Perelman. Someone who always stiffed those he dealt with. Perelman, always more intelligent, did his frauds in a sophisticated way. Trump, being the low IQ charlatan he has always been was much more transparent. I only figured out the former because I had occasion to evaluate his transactions in relation to my then job. With Trump, it was obvious from afar, but confirmed when the Cunard company Hotels division employees confirmed what I had always suspected about him. BTW, Perelman ain't doing so well himself these days.  

Having already "know" DJT for over 30 years, I knew this was not a good trade so as to speak. He has not disappointed by the way ...

Awesome...You have first hand knowledge and accounts that exactly match the proof needed to back up your own posts 👍

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

over 30 years of strongly disliking some "low-IQ charlatan" just cements your claim...doesn't it... 

18 minutes ago, Troll said:

Awesome...You have first hand knowledge and accounts that exactly match the proof needed to back up your own posts 👍

over 30 years of strongly disliking some "low-IQ charlatan" just cements your claim...doesn't it... 

@Trollyou can get as cute as you want. At the end of the day, it does not matter. I evaluate my politicians the same way I evaluate my trades. What is the probability of a favorable outcome to me? With DJT it is zero. I have done the research and the work. It is my opinion (but a very educated one) that he is very bad news. He has always been. You can choose to believe whatever you want. It is certainly your right to do so. I will take action to save myself. 

I wish you well believe it or not. For on some level I respect you. I don't respect most of your brethren. So you should consider it a high compliment. 

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

@Trollyou can get as cute as you want. At the end of the day, it does not matter. I evaluate my politicians the same way I evaluate my trades. What is the probability of a favorable outcome to me? With DJT it is zero. I have done the research and the work. It is my opinion (but a very educated one) that he is very bad news. He has always been. You can choose to believe whatever you want. It is certainly your right to do so. I will take action to save myself. 

I wish you well believe it or not. For on some level I respect you. I don't respect most of your brethren. So you should consider it a high compliment. 

And you can get as morally righteous as you like....

and vote for the man, and not the political policies you prefer.

I have closer family ties to T than most and they all detest him as a pompous ass from the 80's and 90's.

Maybe you can explain how you are gonna give up your political policy beliefs, just because the guy is an ass sometimes...

PS: If you tie your political horse vote to "people" how are you going to avoid being dragged through the streets when they take a turn you don't like...

BTW: how many times have you heard of T as being a bone spur draft dodger ?  4 times student and a medical waiver....but Biddy boy,with 5 Times student deferment and a medical waiver for the lifeguard football player athlete for 'asthma' even got that one beat.....

the person is not going to deliver you from corruption, but the right policies might. 🤷‍♂️  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

And you can get as morally righteous as you like....

and vote for the man, and not the political policies you prefer.

I have closer family ties to T than most and they all detest him as a pompous ass from the 80's and 90's.

Maybe you can explain how you are gonna give up your political policy beliefs, just because the guy is an ass sometimes...

PS: If you tie your political horse vote to "people" how are you going to avoid being dragged through the streets when they take a turn you don't like...

BTW: how many times have you heard of T as being a bone spur draft dodger ?  4 times student and a medical waiver....but Biddy boy,with 5 Times student deferment and a medical waiver for the lifeguard football player athlete for 'asthma' even got that one beat.....

the person is not going to deliver you from corruption, but the right policies might. 🤷‍♂️  

We have both had our say. I will leave it at that.