GA HSFB Scoreboard week 4

TheMaximumHornetSting

1 hour ago, Fred said:

It doesn't matter what the score is/was.  All that matters is the W/L.  If they win 15 games by 1 point they still are the champs.  Points beyond the 1 needed to win are style points or talking points.  It could be an ugly win, it could be a run away, at the end of the game all that matters is that it is/was a win.

This is not a dig at your age.  Those of us that have been around for a while remember the days before wide open scoring.  I've seen many a 3-0, 6-3, 7-6 game and my team has been on both sides of that score.  These days with the wide open offenses and less of an emphasis on defense you don't see those scores that often and get used to wide margin scores.

To me, score differential can tell a story. If Team A played the same opponents as Team B, but Team A won all their games by 30 and Team B by only 3, I'm taking Team A to defeat Team B. Score differential isn't everything, but it's still something. 

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

To me, score differential can tell a story. If Team A played the same opponents as Team B, but Team A won all their games by 30 and Team B by only 3, I'm taking Team A to defeat Team B. Score differential isn't everything, but it's still something. 

Oh God, you believe in daisy chaining!  It is not to late to see the error of your ways! 😎🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Oh God, you believe in daisy chaining!  It is not to late to see the error of your ways! 😎🤣🤣🤣

Not exactly. But score differential matters to me. A lot of results can be predicted by looking at how teams scored against a common opponent. Not all games, but many.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Not exactly. But score differential matters to me. A lot of results can be predicted by looking at how teams scored against a common opponent. Not all games, but many.

I'm messing with you.  I know it makes a difference.  Just don't hang your hat on it exclusively and for goodness sake be careful about daisy chaining.  5 degrees of separation only works between you and Kevin Bacon.

• Like 1