4th Quarter

Florida High 16

Madison County 6

3rd Quarter

Oakleaf 24

University Christian 14

Halftime

• Thanks 1

Lakeland wins 23-22. Sorry, but it is reasonable to conclude that, had the practice/games opportunities for the two teams been somewhat, a tiny bit, within the same stratosphere, Lakeland wins by 2-3 TDs. LG was gifted a couple of first downs on roughing the passer on 3rd and 4th down. Miscues in the punting game also gave LG the ball at the Lakeland 16 and 21 yard lines, leading to 10 points.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakeland wins 23-22. Sorry, but it is reasonable to conclude that, had the practice/games opportunities for the two teams been somewhat, a tiny bit, within the same stratosphere, Lakeland wins by 2-3 TDs. LG was gifted a couple of first downs on roughing the passer on 3rd and 4th down. Miscues in the punting game also gave LG the ball at the Lakeland 16 and 21 yard lines, leading to 10 points.

Using that logic I could say the same thing with our loss to TCA who had a preseason and regular season game and we only had 7 practices total since our season ended in November of last year while replacing the all time statistical QB in program history but no I'm not gonna make that excuse

We had our chances to win and blew it, TCA earned their win and on to the next one

I doubt the series will end anytime soon so I'll see TCA next year in Lake City

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Using that logic I could say the same thing with our loss to TCA who had a preseason and regular season game and we only had 7 practices total since our season ended in November of last year while replacing the all time statistical QB in program history but no I'm not gonna make that excuse

We had our chances to win and blew it, TCA earned their win and on to the next one

I doubt the series will end anytime soon so I'll see TCA next year in Lake City

Lakeland had zero practices for two full weeks leading up until three days ago, and no games or scrimmages. They were not even allowed to meet as a team. They got Corona'd. Gibson practiced all that time and got two games in, including what they treated as a rivalry game. I'm not aware of such circumstances ever happening any time before. I suppose, before it's all said and done, many/most/all teams will experience major disruptions. You just have to hope it ends up evening out in the long run. One team practicing daily and playing games while the other team is not even allowed to meet, much less practice or play, is not something that should happen.

Just now, badrouter said:

Lakeland had zero practices for two full weeks leading up until three days ago, and no games or scrimmages. They were not even allowed to meet as a team. They got Corona'd. Gibson practiced all that time and got two games in, including what they treated as a rivalry game. I'm not aware of such circumstances ever happening any time before. I suppose, before it's all said and done, many/most/all teams will experience major disruptions. You just have to hope it ends up evening out in the long run. One team practicing daily and playing games while the other team is not even allowed to meet, much less practice or play, is not something that should happen.

Again I'm not saying it had no impact but sitting here saying a team would have blown someone out In normal circumstances whether it would true or not is an assumption at best 

We never know for sure but I credit Lakeland for the win and they will be top 25 when I update my rankings this weekend