High School teams cutting players

Woodchopper

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

But was that the reason for the continued "thank you"?

The reason I ask is that I did not get it from you but that does not matter in the grand scheme of things. Many have served and wish to forget so I try and be wary of things I say to people given certain circumstances. 

thank you.

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

But was that the reason for the continued "thank you"?  ??

The reason I ask is that I did not get it from you but that does not matter in the grand scheme of things. Many have served and wish to forget so I try and be wary of things I say to people given certain circumstances. 

Continued "thank you" I said thank you one time?

4 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

U can't have a kid you know is going to get injured playing with the big boys like in the BNU ... every week is a grudge match no business having a kid out there that's a high risk of getting injured 

not according to Park rec ball rules

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

It depends on the structure of the organization. In park basketball in DeKalb county, here in Georgia, every player that came to practice must play at least one (1) quarter per game. Some have no such rules and it is up to the coach and that would be his choice as to how he decides to handle playing time. According to talent, desire, work ethic, etc. 

Sorry not according to park basketball in DeKalb county rules. Every kid must play on qtr. Not really sure why this matters but I just wanted to share.

• Like 1

I think it is deeper than then question on the surface. There is more to it than just "cutting players" as an arbitrary notion. There are reasons for everything. In Colquitt County's case If there are cuts to be made there are legitimate reasons. Let me give you a few examples

1 Colquitt's football program is very  competitive and the training is intense. If  you want to play you have to be willing to train its a sacrifice for the whole family not just the athlete. You may be expected to show up pre-dawn or stay until after dark for practice but that is the nature of the beast

2 Along with #1 You have to show up for the training and workouts. There is a reason for everything done in the Colquitt program and it all builds on top of the previous days work.

3. There are no participation trophies. If you want to be a part of the program you must adhere to #1 and #2. The program is amazing but there is no room for people that want nothing more than to stand on a sideline and call themselves a member of the team.

• Like 2

Just now, 94Packer said:

I think it is deeper than then question on the surface. There is more to it than just "cutting players" as an arbitrary notion. There are reasons for everything. In Colquitt County's case If there are cuts to be made there are legitimate reasons. Let me give you a few examples

1 Colquitt's football program is very  competitive and the training is intense. If  you want to play you have to be willing to train its a sacrifice for the whole family not just the athlete. You may be expected to show up pre-dawn or stay until after dark for practice but that is the nature of the beast

2 Along with #1 You have to show up for the training and workouts. There is a reason for everything done in the Colquitt program and it all builds on top of the previous days work.

3. There are no participation trophies. If you want to be a part of the program you must adhere to #1 and #2. The program is amazing but there is no room for people that want nothing more than to stand on a sideline and call themselves a member of the team.

Colquitt football program? Are you talking high school level or Park level rec ball?

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Where do the kids come from and is high school their introduction to football?

In Gwinnett, where Grayson is located, they have the GFL. 

Here is an Idea instead of changing the thread why don't you just start another one? Here I will do it for you.

It's called extension. The conversation takes turns as it goes. The topic never goes away, the ideas just branch out because there is more to any one subject than just your thought. 

Great try to stay on topic. Should high school kids be cut?

• Like 1

Baaa Baaa, sheep like. Must I express myself the way you want me to or should I just express myself and hope you understand?

You can do whatever you want. If you want to talk about park rec ball you now have your own thread. Maybe someone else cares and will join you. This thread is about high school kids being cut, no one gives 2 squirts of piss about some rec kid getting to play 1 qtr of basketball.

15 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Colquitt's system extends to the parks as well as the elementary and middle schools. 

No I don't understand what your point is by all of this but on that you were incorrect. Colquitt county Packer football is under the jurisdiction of the ColquttCounty school system that program begins with six grade and carries on through 12th grade.  Youth football is administered through two different programs one is pop warner.  I do not have very much knowledge of the Pop Warner program other than the fact that there are two pop warner teams in Colquitt county. The remainder of youth football in Colquit county is administered through the city of Moultrie  recreation department. I am not sure of how the rules of pop warner  but I'm sure there are many people on this board that can explain the rules of pop Warner football. In the youth football and directed through the recreation department.  All children are welcome to participate in play as long as They pay the registration fee. I know that there are travel teams also within the county. And they have the right to pick and choose  whomever they want as players.

Do you not see the correlation between my reference and the subject?

That's O.K.

If the question would have been should kids at any level be cut? Then yes which is what you thought it said. But since that was not the question then no I don't. Ask around nut. Ask anyone here if they give a fuck about a park city rec kid playing a qtr of basketball?

1 minute ago, 94Packer said:

No I don't understand what your point is by all of this but on that you were incorrect. Colquitt county Packer football is under the jurisdiction of the ColquttCounty school system that program begins with six grade and carries on through 12th grade.  Youth football is administered through two different programs one is pop warner.  I do not have very much knowledge of the Pop Warner program other than the fact that there are two pop warner teams in Colquitt county. The remainder of youth football in Colquit county is administered through the city of Moultrie  recreation department. I am not sure of how the rules of pop warner  but I'm sure there are many people on this board that can explain the rules of pop Warner football. In the youth football and directed through the recreation department.  All children are welcome to participate in play as long as They pay the registration fee. I know that there are travel teams also within the county. And they have the right to pick and choose  whomever they want as players.

oh god please don't tell intel officer he was wrong.

16 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I am not talking about who runs what. I am referring to the football of Moultrie Ga. The homegrown players that Colquitt produces They came thru the parks first. 

Okay .....  i'm not trying to argue with you I just want to understand. What is your point with this? I thought that this thread was about the cutting of high school football players from programs. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Nothing to do with you. You have come in on a subject that unless you read the entire page from the start, you will not know. 

Okay .....well I have kept up with this thread.  What I've posted on this thread is Gospel.  There have been things that you've posted on this thread that are far from accurate you were either pulling things out of your ass or are grossly misinformed and I have lived in Colquitt County 41 years I think I know how things work around here. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Nothing to do with you. You have come in on a subject that unless you read the entire page from the start, you will not know.