WTF Health Questionnaire

On2whls

While at the Dr’s office today, my wife was given a number of forms to fill out.  One was a personal health questionnaire.  Among the questions:

Is there more than one race represented in your household?

Have you or your spouse/partner been unfaithful over the past 5 years?  

Do concerns over infidelity cause you discomfort or anxiety?

Does anyone in your household own or posses a gun?

If so, does the presence of a firearm cause you to be uncomfortable or concerned?

WTF?? Has anyone else experienced something similar?

You might want to reconsider where you get your health care.  The only semi legitimate question was the first one and even then, that one is on completely shaky ground.  

Oh wait, what kind of doc was she seeing?   If its a psych evaluation then those questions make more sense.  But other than that, she does not need to answer those.  

Those are more psychological related questions but with covid they are probably doing it as a precaution. Anxiety can cause heart problems and with people staying in more they are trying to keep track of peoples mental health.

If someone where to answer yes to some or all of those questions the doc would ask them more questions related to anxiety and depression check their heart rates. They would probably suggest going to a psychologist getting an exam or going to a counselor. 

33 minutes ago, Rippers said:

You might want to reconsider where you get your health care.  The only semi legitimate question was the first one and even then, that one is on completely shaky ground.  

Oh wait, what kind of doc was she seeing?   If its a psych evaluation then those questions make more sense.  But other than that, she does not need to answer those.  

She was just going to see our PCP for a sprain to her sternum.  Place is called Vista Medical Group.   I am going there later this week to pick up an authorization for an out of network CT scan.  I’m going to see if I can get a copy of the form.  

15 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Those are more psychological related questions but with covid they are probably doing it as a precaution. Anxiety can cause heart problems and with people staying in more they are trying to keep track of peoples mental health.

Seems overly intrusive to me.  Are you inferring that people staying in impacts their mental health?  Wow, how did our society get so emotionally fragile?  

19 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

If someone where to answer yes to some or all of those questions the doc would ask them more questions related to anxiety and depression check their heart rates. They would probably suggest going to a psychologist getting an exam or going to a counselor.

Good thing she answered honestly.  No to all the above.